Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buchla ID700 dropped on iOS (Jonathan Schatz, modosc designs)

1457910

Comments

  • edited April 12

    also sorry to hijack this thread for support, i'll figure out a dedicated place for stuff like this

  • @modosc said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:
    @modosc Congratulations on the launch!

    I get a lot of hung / stuck notes, both standalone and in AUM. No biggie, just thought I’d mention it.

    thanks! usually hung notes are just really long notes, ie the amplifier envelope is set to > 10s. when you change presets the envelope continues on its original course until it hits the next breakpoint, then it changes over to the new preset. i've heard others report this as well, so i'm working on some sort of solution / setting to resolve it.

    Maybe a checkbox option in settings to panic when switching presets?

  • @modosc said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:
    @modosc Congratulations on the launch!

    I get a lot of hung / stuck notes, both standalone and in AUM. No biggie, just thought I’d mention it.

    thanks! usually hung notes are just really long notes, ie the amplifier envelope is set to > 10s. when you change presets the envelope continues on its original course until it hits the next breakpoint, then it changes over to the new preset. i've heard others report this as well, so i'm working on some sort of solution / setting to resolve it.

    Well, you ARE talking to the resident idiot so keep that in mind. I’ll pay better attention to the amp envelope and report back. Congrats once again.

  • @modosc said:
    also sorry to hijack this thread for support, i'll figure out a dedicated place for stuff like this)

    Not a hijack at all. Just fortify yourself with a stiff drink.

  • Are people seeing it in their app stores?

  • Downloaded in UK on the stroke of midnight GMT.

  • @reasOne said:
    Are people seeing it in their app stores?

    It just downloaded itself for me at around 1 a.m. UK time.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @modosc said:
    also sorry to hijack this thread for support, i'll figure out a dedicated place for stuff like this)

    Not a hijack at all. Just fortify yourself with a stiff drink.

  • edited April 12

    @modosc oh, you’re here! Congratulations on a really exciting new release. I posted about this to the iPad Musicians Facebook group as well and it has caused a real buzz. Good luck with the launch 👍

    So, next is the 200e right? 😀

  • So, morning surprise for PST pre-orders, or those who keep night hours...

  • @gusgranite said:
    So, next is the 200e right? 😀

    I think you misspelled “Easel” :D

  • @gusgranite said:
    So, next is the 200e right? 😀

    lol you're a decade too late. the last e-series modules i worked on were the 257e/267e.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @modosc said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:
    @modosc Congratulations on the launch!

    I get a lot of hung / stuck notes, both standalone and in AUM. No biggie, just thought I’d mention it.

    thanks! usually hung notes are just really long notes, ie the amplifier envelope is set to > 10s. when you change presets the envelope continues on its original course until it hits the next breakpoint, then it changes over to the new preset. i've heard others report this as well, so i'm working on some sort of solution / setting to resolve it.

    Well, you ARE talking to the resident idiot so keep that in mind. I’ll pay better attention to the amp envelope and report back. Congrats once again.

    You're in good company! I thought the same in my first minutes with the app

  • @modosc said:

    @gusgranite said:
    So, next is the 200e right? 😀

    lol you're a decade too late. the last e-series modules i worked on were the 257e/267e.

    Amazing 🙌

  • I may have to stay up after midnight to see if this appears...

  • Out now in usa Ohio

  • Already available in Florida

  • @modosc said:

    @dreamrobe said:
    I am in a bit of a dilemma. ID700 is crashing my iPad air2 on ios13.7 and because is so big it does not load on an iPhone.
    But I am keeping my iPad on iOS 13 because of the Wolfgang palms synths.
    Is the id700 worth loosing the palm synths?
    on the requirements for the id700 it says ios11 so I should not crash...

    hey @dreamrobe - i still don't see crashlogs on my end. could you make sure that you've got that option enabled on ios?

    https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/deve2819c518

    Now I have updated to iOS 14.2 and the crashes are gone. Hope Apple will send you the crashlogs from iOS 13 still.
    Enjoying iD700 very much :)

  • edited April 12

    Already available and downloaded three and a half hours before it was supposed to go live.

    Has loads of potential for sound experimentation. Seems to do very well with resonant sounds and has a very unusual classic synth sound.

    One word of caution: Folks, you could blow your ears out or destroy your audio system if you’re not careful with these sounds. I’d ask that the developer add a limiter to this to protect and preserve our hearing. These waveforms can quickly cascade into earshatteringly loud sounds.

  • @dreamrobe said:

    @modosc said:

    @dreamrobe said:
    I am in a bit of a dilemma. ID700 is crashing my iPad air2 on ios13.7 and because is so big it does not load on an iPhone.
    But I am keeping my iPad on iOS 13 because of the Wolfgang palms synths.
    Is the id700 worth loosing the palm synths?
    on the requirements for the id700 it says ios11 so I should not crash...

    hey @dreamrobe - i still don't see crashlogs on my end. could you make sure that you've got that option enabled on ios?

    https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/deve2819c518

    Now I have updated to iOS 14.2 and the crashes are gone. Hope Apple will send you the crashlogs from iOS 13 still.
    Enjoying iD700 very much :)

    FWIW, no crashes with it on iOS 13.7 for me. Either in beta or release version.

  • This is very trippy to play with

  • @NeuM said:
    One word of caution: Folks, you could blow your ears out or destroy your audio system if you’re not careful with these sounds. I’d ask that the developer add a limiter to this to protect and preserve our hearing. These waveforms can quickly cascade into earshatteringly loud sounds.

    i'll add a limiter but can i post this testimonial on the product page?

  • @AudioGus : Are you using more NS2 or CB3 these days?

  • Amazing! Had to stop and put it away as I have to get up in the morning. If I didn’t I could have been up half the night with this thing!

  • @modosc said:

    @NeuM said:
    One word of caution: Folks, you could blow your ears out or destroy your audio system if you’re not careful with these sounds. I’d ask that the developer add a limiter to this to protect and preserve our hearing. These waveforms can quickly cascade into earshatteringly loud sounds.

    i'll add a limiter but can i post this testimonial on the product page?

    Absolutely!

  • @Telstar5 said:
    @AudioGus : Are you using more NS2 or CB3 these days?

    On iPad still just tinkering in NS2 every now. Nothing major.

  • Amazing synth, thanks! Tried for some hours and I love it! Also have some suggestions @modosc :

    Would be great having envelope times, random time, etc... not only in seconds but in sync subdivisions too! so all that quasi arps and sequences can follow project tempo. Also would be great for other rhythmic stuff.

    Also missing an option for the stepped random to change values on note on ONLY. The trick of using long times works only for percussive sounds but not for sustained sounds... I wish I can have not changing random values for each note press.

    A rotate mode for the voices allocation

    Other great addition that could expand the timbres a lot would be having automation for the Even/odd and Tilt WaveSHAPER parameters.

  • Congratulations on the release @modosc. Fantastic tool. Love all the tunings included. Looking forward to using this one. It’s quite unique. I see an extra special thanks to Chris Randall in the about info. Love his apps. Was he involved with development as well?

  • @dreamrobe said:
    I am in a bit of a dilemma. ID700 is crashing my iPad air2 on ios13.7 and because is so big it does not load on an iPhone.
    But I am keeping my iPad on iOS 13 because of the Wolfgang palms synths.
    Is the id700 worth loosing the palm synths?
    on the requirements for the id700 it says ios11 so I should not crash...

    The Wolfgang Palm synths (all four of them) work perfectly fine under iPadOS14.4.2 on my iPad Air 2 so no worries there.

    I’m quite sure the developer will catch rhe bugs unless it’s bugs caused by the Juce framwork wich the app is built with inwich case it could take longer...

    I just downloaded ID700 and even the init preset (just a sine wave) is a blast with the onscreen keybaord with individual pitch glide per note :)

    I’ll be updating to iPadOS14.5 when it drops on ky iPad Air 2 so if there’s no rush wait until it drops.

    Cheers!

  • @modosc Congrats on the release of ID700!

    This will be a really trippy journey into crazy sound exploration :)
    5-stars without hesitation and that doesn’t happen too often these days...

Sign In or Register to comment.