Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STARK Amp Simulator by Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• @david_2017 said:
    Wow this is really cool. I got it.... @oat_phipps no complaining on my side. Introsale... check ;)

Here is a little jam I made with enso and stark.

What i dont like is the preset management. It looks like it has always 4 parts. You can have a preset for the amp, for the pedals, for the ambience it this is a bit confusing.

Nice jamming. You made me fall into trans...

• But does it djent?

• I dont want to work anymore. I wanna go home to my ipad!

Is 9.99$ the sales price?!

• Latency? I'm very curious about this one but I'll be honest and say my biggest disappointment and regret with iOS music is the guitar software and the money I've spent on it, only to realize there is too much latency with all of it so I never use it. I don't really like the latency on desktop either. I'd rather plug into a real amp and mic that or plug into a modeling hardware box and record to DAW from there.

How does this one feel?

• I think what they meant was that it is resource hungry as most fx units are so people don’t use 15 instances and then write 1 star review because there are crackles.

• Not seeing much new in this?

I would really like to see a serious universal filter app from Klev at this point or a new instrument.

Kind of good on the "amp" 'dirt" "loft" fx categories.

Didn't I just buy some Amp app from them?

LOL

I am sure I will buy but not exactly skipping around the room to see this to be honest.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Not seeing much new in this?

I would really like to see a serious universal filter app from Klev at this point or a new instrument.

LOL

I am sure I will buy but not exactly skipping around the room to see this to be honest.

Ya I'm really curious if it's different from Re amp and kleverb, I don't play guitar only synths so I haven't decided if I need it right now, even tho I'm sure it sounds great... And it looks really damn good! I love the idea of the modular effects board but I just got the other two similar apps

• @yowza said:
    Latency? I'm very curious about this one but I'll be honest and say my biggest disappointment and regret with iOS music is the guitar software and the money I've spent on it, only to realize there is too much latency with all of it so I never use it. I don't really like the latency on desktop either. I'd rather plug into a real amp and mic that or plug into a modeling hardware box and record to DAW from there.

How does this one feel?

Playing helix regularly.... this one has a latency you can feel. But you can get used to it

• Name might be strange but the app icon is one of the best I've seen. Beautiful.

• That guitar jam sounds great man!!! @david_2017

• @reasOne said:

@RUST( i )K said:

LOL

Ya I'm really curious if it's different from Re amp and kleverb, I don't play guitar only synths so I haven't decided if I need it right now, even tho I'm sure it sounds great... And it looks really damn good! I love the idea of the modular effects board but I just got the other two similar apps

Got it purely to have an AUv3 amp/cab sim, I didn't get reamp, I will probably use it more on synths than guitar as I use my trusty Line 6 Amplifi TT to avoid latency :)

• edited April 2019

@reasOne said:

@RUST( i )K said:

LOL

Reamp is a saturation app based on analog preamp circuitry. Stark is an amp / cab sim. Completely different apps with different uses; though some of those lines can be blurred.

• Stark works great with traditional instruments like Bass, Keys, Sax. The different tones you can get are very lifelike. Try the setup below. I looped into Enso to save on CPU. Kept Instruments visual for screenshot. Add some distortion on the sax you can make it growl!

• The demo sounds great for sure but, really, with Amp One + Bias Amp & FX + ToneStack full + VStomp... and/or Saturn-Timeless-Volcano within Auria and also every FX apps installed on the iPad, I fail to see what this new gem could add to the board 🤔...

• @Gratouilli said:
    The demo sounds great for sure but, really, with Amp One + Bias Amp & FX + ToneStack full + VStomp... and/or Saturn-Timeless-Volcano within Auria and also every FX apps installed on the iPad, I fail to see what this new gem could add to the board 🤔...

right now only Auv3 actually :)

@reasOne thank you man, I am stoked you like it! @marcuspresident thank you for your kind words! Really appreciated, its actually the first time I shared something on guitar; yeah I am more like the ambient dude (not that much of shredding ;))

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Name might be strange but the app icon is one of the best I've seen. Beautiful.

DAMN! Most of the time I notice stuff like that, but thanks for the pointer. Wow, the icon is spot on. At first I was thinking, hugh a forest and a full moon? what ? Its brilliante.... ;)

• Here is my demo for STARK...nice

• Finger Fiddle into Stark “Distorted Death” preset followed by ADVERB2 “Dark And Long 3” preset = instant Sigur Rós

• @brice I so love this dark and long preset in Adverb. Cant wait to hook it up with stark. Good idea to combine these two...

• How does the simulation quality compare to best of what ToneStack, BIAS and AmpliTube can offer.

AU is nice but the quality of tones is all that matters to me.

• @brice said:

Finger Fiddle into Stark “Distorted Death” preset followed by ADVERB2 “Dark And Long 3” preset = instant Sigur Rós

Nah. Forget that FInger Fiddle, add D1 instead and choose the 3.1 BB Sigur Boss patch for the full on effect :)

• edited April 2019

@gusgranite said:
    @sundhage I love it! Such cool design as well.

It would also be great if we could have the option to turn the amp sim and cab off and just use the FX.

Thx!

@gusgranite i agree 100% why no Amp/Cabinet bypass Bit dissapointed at that . and it turns all my stereo sounds to mono. Thats crazy- No preset storing :-(

• @brice

@brice said:
    Finger Fiddle into Stark “Distorted Death” preset followed by ADVERB2 “Dark And Long 3” preset = instant Sigur Rós

You mind if you make/send me a short sound sample of that? Pleeeease with much cheese :smile:
    As i love Sigur Ros but don’t have AdVerb (Is it good?) nor “Finger Fiddle” - but willing to invest.
    Thanks in advance! Kind regards.

• @david_2017 said:

True, but as a guitarist, I don't see any need of having multiple instances of an amp simulator 🤔.

Like @espiegel123 pointed, only a real jump in terms of audio quality would be a game changer.
    Anyway, I will probably buy it because the intro price isn't that high and supporting great iOS developers is important 😉

• I'm waiting for @flo26 to post some sound tests. He gets the best tones out of any amp sim I've ever heard.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @brice

@brice said:

You mind if you make/send me a short sound sample of that? Pleeeease with much cheese :smile:
    As i love Sigur Ros but don’t have AdVerb (Is it good?) nor “Finger Fiddle” - but willing to invest.
    Thanks in advance! Kind regards.

I’d be happy to, but it’ll have to be later. However, I’ve run Finger Fiddle through an amp sim / heavy reverb combo before in this video (around the 1 min. mark). And running it through Stark / ADVERB2 sounds a lot like what you hear in the video. I think Stark sounds a bit brighter, a bit crunchier and ADVERB2 is a bit more 3D than the combo I used in the video. But, the differences are small.

• @Gratouilli said:

@david_2017 said:

True, but as a guitarist, I don't see any need of having multiple instances of an amp simulator 🤔.

You could mimic the old studio trick of having both a clean and distorted amp where the clean adds clarity and attack, and the distortion adds the meat and sustain. Just a thought.

• @brice: FingerFiddle is amazing.It deserves to be a lot better known.

• @brice said:
    I’d be happy to, but it’ll have to be later. However, I’ve run Finger Fiddle through an amp sim / heavy reverb combo before in this video (around the 1 min. mark). And running it through Stark / ADVERB2 sounds a lot like what you hear in the video. I think Stark sounds a bit brighter, a bit crunchier and ADVERB2 is a bit more 3D than the combo I used in the video. But, the differences are small.

That, Sir, was beautiful....Damn :smile:
    What is “Fiddle” doing? Can it be compared with a ThumbJam Violin or something - it looks like it is more like “shredding” on that instrument?
    I am waiting patiently for your sound demo (without any rhythmic balls & whistles) if you don’t mind.
    Thank you in advance. If you think this doesn’t belong in this thread please feel free to PM me.
    Thank you!

• @david_2017 said:
    Wow this is really cool. I got it.... @oat_phipps no complaining on my side. Introsale... check ;)

Here is a little jam I made with enso and stark.

What i dont like is the preset management. It looks like it has always 4 parts. You can have a preset for the amp, for the pedals, for the ambience it this is a bit confusing.

Sounds great, you played live into Enso and the amp effects added before or after the looper?
    Would be good to know how how instruments sound raw without amp effects.
    Just to show what your clothes looked like before they were washed with DAZ blue whiteness. Lol
    Thanks