Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did the "GameChangers" that everyone was hinting at come out yet?

Just curious, I remember a couple of months ago, Doug and other were hinting at some major apps coming out but they couldn't talk about them because of NDAs, have they been released? and what were they??

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

EDITED FOR CLARITY: Doug started the rumor about a "Game Changer" coming. He disclosed when a new "Cubasis Update" released that supports MPE MIDI AU's using the Cubasis Keyboard. There's a video he posted. He demo's some of the Roli Noise instruments in Cubasis.
    NOTE: Doug tends to create exclusively in Cubasis so this was a solid "game changer" for his work. Anyone that doesn't live in Cubasis thought? Wrong game, mate.

Doug's videos tend to feature AUM rigs because they improve the visuals when demoing apps.

General App news for someone that dropped off the Forum for a while.

NS2 was generally considered to be a landmark App by those that loved NS1 and the developer.

StageLight generated some anticipated "heat".

Drambo, Mozaic, and Atom are "game changing" apps that will drop sometime this year (or next). Doug posted an Atom video and it's just what I want to have in AUM for MIDI Looping/Recording: upping my Game.

The "Enso" Audio Looper as an AUv3 App is a powerful addition to the toolbox.

Future AUM updates are eagerly anticipated with MIDI Apps getting to be vertically stacked to conserve screen space in the virtual Mixer UI. Today we learned AUM will add LINK Start/Stop... a big issue with AUM that makes most run AB3 for it's IAA/AB Transport capabilities.

Hope this helps. The game is constantly changing in small increments.

UPDATE: Klevgrand just announced a complete Guitar Amp simulation with FX as an AUv3 App for $10 on sale.

• edited April 2019

Thanks for the update, been a bit out of the loop myself lately @McD

Hyped for the AUM update now

We need one of your summaries monthly :)

• Nanostudio2 is certainly changing MY game currently. Didn’t expect to fall in love with it

• @db909 said:
    Nanostudio2 is certainly changing MY game currently. Didn’t expect to fall in love with it

Same, exactly

• Taipei certainly changed my game

• Wow thanks! Those are game changers.

Great update!

@McD said:
    Doug was hinting at a "Cubasis Update" that supports MPE MIDI behavior (and AU's) using the Cubasis Keyboard. There's a video he posted.

NS2 was generally considered to be a landmark App by those that loved NS1 and the developer.

Drambo, Mozaic, and Atom are "game changing" apps that will drop sometime this year (or next). Doug posted an Atom video and it's just what I want to have in AUM for MIDI Looping/Recording: upping my Game.

Future AUM updates are eagerly anticipated with MIDI Apps getting to be vertically stacked to conserve screen space in the virtual Mixer UI. Today we learned AUM will add LINK Start/Stop... a big issue with AUM that makes most run AB3 for it's IAA/AB Transport capabilities.

• edited April 2019

@audiobussy said:

@db909 said:
    Nanostudio2 is certainly changing MY game currently. Didn’t expect to fall in love with it

Same, exactly

I acknowledge your same, exactly with one of my own!

• Loving Stagelight over here, especially “Sampleverse “.. Lotsa great tutorial videos too.

• I believe that the addition of MIDI Out to IOS StageLight would be a game changer. It’s a fantastic DAW and it has a great audio/MIDI clips launcher that would be awesome to use with external gear.
    All FabFilters as AUv3 plugins would be awesome too, I believe that would push DAW developers to focus on really improving their apps (mainly Auria...).
    Another one would be audio tracks for NS2 so it becomes a real DAW. I’m so dissapointed the dev had other priorities (iphone app, convolution reverb, etc) but who am I to judge, he must be doing what he considers best for his app.

• edited April 2019

@Rodolfo said:
    I believe that the addition of MIDI Out to IOS StageLight would be a game changer. It’s a fantastic DAW and it has a great audio/MIDI clips launcher that would be awesome to use with external gear.
    All FabFilters as AUv3 plugins would be awesome too, I believe that would push DAW developers to focus on really improving their apps (mainly Auria...).
    Another one would be audio tracks for NS2 so it becomes a real DAW. I’m so dissapointed the dev had other priorities (iphone app, convolution reverb, etc) but who am I to judge, he must be doing what he considers best for his app.

Ahh. does the external MIDI out setting on Stagelight tracks not work? I’ve not tested it out yet. It’s in the track settings - Track I/O Properties

• @ricksteruk said:

@Rodolfo said:
    I believe that the addition of MIDI Out to IOS StageLight would be a game changer. It’s a fantastic DAW and it has a great audio/MIDI clips launcher that would be awesome to use with external gear.

Ahh. does the external MIDI out setting on Stagelight tracks not work? I’ve not tested it out yet. It’s in the track settings - Track I/O Properties

Yes the setting is there on tracks but it doesn’t work yet. If you go to Settings there’s no MIDI Out section to configure (as it is in the Desktop version). It is supposed to be added soon to the IOS version.

• @McD said:
    Doug was hinting at a "Cubasis Update" that supports MPE MIDI behavior (and AU's) using the Cubasis Keyboard. There's a video he posted.

Very even-handed. Nicely done sir.

• @drez said:

@audiobussy said:

@db909 said:

Same, exactly

Here here! All game changed up and lovin it! (Despite no one using it anymore ;) )

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@McD said:

Very even-handed. Nicely done sir.

Agreed! @McD I would like to subscribe to your monthly Audiobus Newsletter. “The Forum Post” lol 😂

• @RubenDari said:
    Just curious, I remember a couple of months ago, Doug and other were hinting at some major apps coming out but they couldn't talk about them because of NDAs, have they been released? and what were they??

What will change my game?
    ATOM - Piano Roll AUv3 Plugin (coming out soon)

• The 'game changer' I'm waiting for is a fine tune dial on @brambos TroubleMaker

• LFSLFS
    edited April 2019

@McD said:

Hi McD,

We've already released that feature some time ago with our second last free Cubasis 2.6 update back in September 2018.

Please look here... here... and here.

Best,
    Lars

• @AudioGus said:

@drez said:

@audiobussy said:

@db909 said:

Same, exactly

Here here! All game changed up and lovin it! (Despite no one using it anymore ;) )

Is that some silly attempt at cross posting because I said nobody uses NS2 anymore from the NS2 Discord channel, which is true but completely different from saying "Nobody uses NS2 anymore"
    Why are NS2 users so defensive about everything ?

• It would be fine to hear from Doug here just to put the official stamp on things- are you there?

• @LFS said:

@McD said:

Hi McD,

We've already released that feature some time ago with our second last free Cubasis 2.6 update back in September 2018.

Please look here... here... and here.

Best,
    Lars

Hear hear! ;) Here's to new upcoming Cubasis updates. 🍻

• @david_2017 said:

@RubenDari said:

I haven’t seen this much hype in quite some time. Watching @blueveek embrace the community to help mold it like he has is, to me, what is so special.

The same can be said for Koala as well. That thing has taken off like a wildfire and @elf_audio has been coding in near real-time :lol: to requests/fixes.

• @McD, you’re supposed to be practicing your guitar, not monitoring the seismic shifts of iOS! Resist the fame and fortune of becoming the market maven of AB. Your friend, Mike

• Anyone else getting a little weary of the "gamechange" analogy? It seems a little overheated. Consider some less ramped up alternatives.

nifty
    useful
    serviceable
    not the worst
    better than my Windows ME rig

;)

• edited April 2019

@Turntablist

Silly, yes. Defensive, no.

• I think you can only really call any new app a ‘gamechanger’ retrospectively- after it has actually changed the music production process in a positive way for the majority of music producers.

• @drez said:

@david_2017 said:

@RubenDari said:

I haven’t seen this much hype in quite some time. Watching @blueveek embrace the community to help mold it like he has is, to me, what is so special.

The same can be said for Koala as well. That thing has taken off like a wildfire and @elf_audio has been coding in near real-time :lol: to requests/fixes.

Well said.

@blueveek is an example of a genuine fan who became frustrated by certain limitations and (instead of moaning) became his own app developer. He is level-headed, comitted, engages warmly and respectfully with the community, and avoids petty squabbles.

I’m so delighted to see his apps become so well-received by the community (with thanks to @thesoundtestroom ) and I am pleased to also consider him a friend.

I wish him all the best for the launch of Atom :)

• @ecamburn said:
    Anyone else getting a little weary of the "gamechange" analogy? It seems a little overheated. Consider some less ramped up alternatives.

nifty
    useful
    serviceable
    not the worst
    better than my Windows ME rig

;)

Hilarious and true! I like “useful” and when we are feeling adventurous we can even go all the way to ... “very useful”

• @RubenDari said:
    when we are feeling adventurous we can even go all the way to ... “very useful”

Daredevil