Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Intelligencia Sweet (Holy crap, I finished something!) - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

See, I did it! I really did!

I made something! I did!

I finished it! OMG - I can't believe it....

So yeah - funky little dance track I put together over the last week. Inspired by my new purchase of Korg Gadget 2. Basic track done in Gadget, exported to Cubasis for the organ , guitars and final mix.

I'd love your feedback. I was extremely hesitant to post it here since everyone's tracks are so damn good - took me 3 days to finally bite the bullet.

Hope you dig it - see: I do ACTUALLY make music too!

Comments

• Funkaaay B)

• Very cool! This takes me back to...... somewhere.... and I was very wasted.

• edited April 2019

@Daveypoo You made me blush, but you weren't probably talking about me. ;)

You were talking about @MonzoPro right :wink:

Your jams on your channel and you being a real instrument playing musician totally qualifies you!!

MOAR posts
    I HAZ NEEDZ moar FUNK

• @audiblevideo I meant the general community - my actual musical output has been so non-existent lately I'm feeling like it's put-up-or-shut-up with all the talking on my channel.

But the intention WAS to make you blush, so mission accomplished right there.

Yeah - whipping up a funky groove is the easy part. Giving it a melody that isn't totally contrived & trite, an arrangement that isn't just repeated 4-bar loops, producing it so that it sounds clean.... those are the tricky bits that always hang me up. Especially melodies - I HATE my own melodies.

• edited April 2019

@Daveypoo

an arrangement that isn't just repeated 4-bar loops, producing it so that it sounds clean.... those are the tricky bits

Yeah I haven't mastered that either which is why I'm stuck in ambient land or over complicated polyrhythmic grooves which mask a lot.

• @audiblevideo said:
    @Daveypoo

an arrangement that isn't just repeated 4-bar loops, producing it so that it sounds clean.... those are the tricky bits

Yeah I haven't mastered that either which is why I'm stuck in ambient land or over complicated polyrhythmic groove which mask a lot.

Baby steps, man - baby steps.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

What a clean and beautifully executed dance track. This reminds us that "Less is more." We all layer on so much and loose the build that makes a for a great ride like this.

You should be very proud of this one and put it out there to show the potential of IOS for making really effective music that doesn't sound at all like a compromise with the tools but a perfect mastering of them.

Makes me want to just be a better editor of my impulses to pile too much on. But it takes real discipline to grow something like this with a crystal clarity. It shows that it's possible. The only tracks I've heard that touch this for a professional sound are some of the Lady Apptitude projects and she admits to using lot of desktop (i.e. expensive) sounds. I probably own everything you used here so that means all I have are excuses for sloppy productions.

So, excuse me now. I'm sufficiently humbled.

Make more! Or make a video showing how you built this and the millions of decisions made along the way to get a such great mix. Singers should be beating down your door to work with you. This has that Mark Ronson touch of the old made fresh again.

• Lovely one!
    And it gets even better after 5 min.

• Respect!👍🏽

• Mr Daveypoo, I will call you "sir Daveypoo" from now on. Well done. I like and appreciate all your videos - especially the ones on ApeMatrix. I love your sense of humor. I knew you were talented, but I did not know you are THIS talented! It is one of the best tracks I have heard on this forum. Keep on making videos and please keep on making this great music!

• Good stuff man!!

• You're all very kind, especially the comments @McD and @Bobbejaan made. I'm glad you liked it, and a comparison to @Lady_App_titude is high praise indeed - I only hope to produce something as funky as she.

Alright... Let's see if I can do a few more, then.

• Nicely done RETROWAVE GOLD!

• @Daveypoo said:
    an arrangement that isn't just repeated 4-bar loops

That's really tough. And you manage it all too well!
    Awesome track :smile:

• Thanks for the continued support, boys. There's a ton of heavyweight talent around these boards, just hoping I make the cut.

• Nice stuff, Daveypoo!

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Nice stuff, Daveypoo!

Just following your lead, lady!

;)