Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Connect Ipad to modular part 3

2»

Comments

• Also fwiw, covariant is a bit scrunched up in AUM and lots of the text doesn’t fit …Anything I can do to expand it?

• @Kashi said:
    Also fwiw, covariant is a bit scrunched up in AUM and lots of the text doesn’t fit …Anything I can do to expand it?

You can resize the window, just drag out the auv3 window on the bottom right.

As for hearing sound, you need to set up a new channel that takes an input and routes it to the main outs 1&2, covariant doesn’t monitor the input. The calibration process just needs to be done once so CoV can calibrate the range of your oscillator.

• Also, how are you sending gate for your oscillator? Only seeing one output from your ES-9?

• @ronnieb said:

@Kashi said:
    Also fwiw, covariant is a bit scrunched up in AUM and lots of the text doesn’t fit …Anything I can do to expand it?

You can resize the window, just drag out the auv3 window on the bottom right.

Doesn’t seem to work. Have dragged it as far as it will go, fills the screen… but still can’t read everything. See pic

As for hearing sound, you need to set up a new channel that takes an input and routes it to the main outs 1&2, covariant doesn’t monitor the input. The calibration process just needs to be done once so CoV can calibrate the range of your oscillator.

Ok, will try this in a bit. Modular’s in the bedroom and my partner is on a zoom call in there now!

@auxmux sorry, bit fuzzy on what this means. I am going out of ES-9 into 1v/oct on the nanorings. Out of “even” on nanorings into ES-9. This set up worked when I sent midi from Ableton using CVTools so I assumed that the same patching would work coming out of iPad. Am very new to all this so still getting my head around the basics.

• @Kashi said:

Just a guess, but are you possibly using a larger Text Size, under Settings–>Display & Brightness? Some app GUIs handle this badly. If you are, try temporarily setting it to the default, and see if that helps.

• Thanks @uncledave . Tried that, to no avail. Went down to the lowest available size, but it didn't change anything in Covariant...

• edited January 2022

@Kashi said:

Odd, it’s just the text that seems to be displaying weird.
    Might be worth dropping the dev a line with the screenshot and what device and os you’re running http://recurcv.com/support.html

The calibration graph looks off through, you generally want a linear plot from the bottom left to top right.
    Do you have a standard oscillator you can try the calibration with?

• Thanks @ronnieb , yes I dropped Alan a message. Hopefully he'll have a solution to the missing text issue.
    Know what you mean about a standard oscillator, the nanorings is a resonator right? So not permanently oscillating. I tried the process with my 0-coast and things went pretty well :) The calibration line wasn't from the very corner to corner, but it was straight. Certainly better than the wiggly line I got the other day. And I set up a new AUM track to receive the audio, managed to get some sound by plugging headphones into the ES-9 headphone socket. It felt like luck, more than any actual application of knowledge...think it's gonna take me a while to really understand this configuration. Anyway, this is progress. If only there were clear, step by step tutorials for things like this!

• FWIW on iOS15 you can set each app to display different text size, which may need to be set for AUM or Covariant (if it runs as standalone app).
    You can add ‘Text Size’ in Settings/Control Centre, and them apply setting to the currently running app...

• Thanks @0tolerance4silence Just went into settings and found text size but nothing happens when I click on it. Or any of the other controls for that matter…(?)

• I picked MOTU Ultralite MK4 as my main interface a while back, partly due to the DC coupled outputs, as I was planning to get into Eurorack at the time. I ended up scrapping the modular plans, and only ever ended up getting a single semi-modular, Neutron, so I still haven’t gotten around to trying it yet.

Is it correct that you have to modify your cables for this, to avoid damaging your gear?