Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swiftly To The Light / iFretless Euphonium

edited April 2019 in Creations

Euphonium. Not an instrument often used to lead the band, but it does this time and I quite love the sound of it. Luis Martinez MidEast Drummer again. This time with a strangely Latin turn.
ISymphonic Pizzacato Strings, BeatHawk Tutti Orchestra and violas, iFretless bass and Thumbjam violin.

Comments

• Hi, Mike, how come not many listened to this? I thought it was pretty good and I loved the euphonium lead.

• Yeah, Mike I know what you mean. Sometimes they hit and sometimes they miss. This is a tech forum after all (and thank god it is). I’m just happy I have posting my stuff here as my end goal. Thanks for listening (at least a twenty times!)

• edited April 2019

When talking to yourself in the third-person, that person’s views definitely count as real views. ;-)
    (he says, as one with much experience in this matter) :lol:

Nice track by the way. Of all the iFretless apps, I only have iFretless guitar and I love how it plays. Very inspiring to hear these orchestral sounds. What DAW are you using? Do you record the MIDI or just play live and record the audio?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi, Mike, how come not many listened to this? I thought it was pretty good and I loved the euphonium lead.

Well, since Mike asked... I have to say that recording and playing an instrument on iPad is infinitely more rewarding to the musician than it is to the listener. Especially with the more realistic emulations of instruments it just sounds like... a recording of the instrument. It is so realistic it disguises the fact that it is pretty amazing to be able to articulate those sounds by touch input on an iPad.

(And yeah, I agree the euphonium sounds great 👍🏼)

• edited April 2019

Thanks for responding @Hmtx! Only the iFretless Sax out of the four leaves a bit to be desired in my view. Do you have BeatHawk and the Baroque inapp? An amazing classical guitar in that. I use Cubasis solely. This track was derived from the MidEast Drummer midi track for the background instruments. I recorded the lead line on a Kawai Map11se and plugged in the euphonium, Kauldron whistle called “please, please “ and ThumbJam violin. Usually I start with an improvised piano track, but these days Luis has pulled me in (after I was educated here how to make a midi track along with an audio using his apps).

I, of course, agree with you about the playing and listening, I often stay up all night making these things (this took eight hours starting with devising the drum track) and I listen over and over just to be amazed that I can work with these wonderful sounds and am able to use them to enhance a piano improvisation that usually does not cut it for me as solo piano. To take the piano entirely out and replace it with an acoustic guitar and see that it works better that way... well, that is a profound creative experience that I never thought possible back in the 70s.

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. Actually just one response is enough for me. So thanks for providing it!

• Beautiful, do you ever use Gestrument Pro? I get some great lead using Gestrument to power an AUM instrument.

• Thanks for listening @Metalman! Glad you enjoyed it and I will look into Gestrument Pro.

• Came for the Euphonium*; stayed for the music. Nice Bolero-esque moments there.

Have you considered getting a laptop / desktop system? I love iOS, but the one place it's really lacking is in sample playback, especially orchestral samples. I think it would be fantastic to hear your stuff with really great instrumentation.

(* using Euphonium in a track I'm working on so I was curious)

• @aplourde, thanks so much for listening, and thank you for the suggestion. Maybe one day for desktop.
    Too much learning, too costly for now, however. And I am still trying to get the most out of the app potential.
    Have you heard Scott Van Zandt’s stuff? His orchestral music is incredibly realistic using mostly Gadget and GarageBand. Search him here or on SoundCloud. Truly amazing!

Just about to post this... best orchestral sound yet ( I think),

• I have to say, not only am I impressed with the surge in creativity you have had lately, popping out all these great new tunes, but your mixing and general sound choices seem to be getting more and more interesting and elegant. Your training seems to be coming out more and more as well. It's not easy to use harmony the way you do, with such elegant tension and release that never actually ventures into dissonance, but gracefully tip toes that fine line between whole tone scales, diminished and augmented lines and the melancholy minor modes that we are used to hearing in more modern classical music versus the romantic and baroque influences we more often hear in movie scores today that are much easier to fake like one knows a bit about classical composition....you're compositions are a beautiful blooming that have been a pleasure to watch/listen unfold. And all while avoiding the desktop computer.
    Bravo! You boldly continue to walk where not many have dared to walk, because they are too busy waiting for the glitches to be worked out. I remember hearing so much opposition from some of my non ios buddies a year ago "You can 't actually do anything serious or that can compete with the desktop,, the horsepower and sound quality simply aren't there yet. This tablet thing is just a fad." Oh how wrong they are.

• Comments very much appreciated @bedheadproducer! I hadn’t thought about walking that fine line between consonance and dissonance, but I guess I do. Actually, I am not so sure why my stuff isn’t more dissonant! Maybe next round.

Things have changed for me now that I am no longer trying to emulate the sound design I have heard so often in modern recorded music. Not that I ever approached that highly produced “gloss” we are so used to, but I always had it in my mind. Now I am just trying to uncover my own way in to a genuine sound. Glad you see my progress. And, of course, less is really more when it comes to this stuff. Fighting that desire to keep heaping special sauce on top is a constant challenge.

Have you listened to any @ScottVanZandt? Check him here or on SoundCloud. If you played his epic creations made on Gadget and Garageband your non iOS detractors would shut up quick. Not to put down desktop, of course. Each has its strengths. Best to you, Marc.