Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Sync?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019

Everything syncs apart from Cubasis.

• One should not forget Audiobus' clock offset for every destination. Priceless!

• @supadom said:
    One should not forget Audiobus' clock offset for every destination. Priceless!

How is Loopy timing for you these days with the sync/start stop?

I find Loopy a step off at times.

I need to restart a couple times some days.

But could be my device, not the newest.

• edited September 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

I’ve struggled with loopy since the addition of circuit but I have to say I’m not one of the most reliable users. I can be pretty damn precise within my own tempo but when I’m tracking loops I often notice being a fraction ahead. Samplr is generally slightly ahead of the clock so I have it offset in AB settings. TBH it is not scientific I just one day started fiddling with sliders until it felt right.

NB. There’s Circuit’s slider missing as I don’t have the machine with me ATM.

• @supadom said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

I’ve struggled with loopy since the addition of circuit but I have to say I’m not one of the most reliable users. I can be pretty damn precise within my own tempo but when I’m tracking loops I often notice being a fraction ahead. Samplr is generally slightly ahead of the clock so I have it offset in AB settings. TBH it is not scientific I just one day started fiddling with sliders until it felt right.

NB. There’s Circuit’s slider missing as I don’t have the machine with me ATM.

This is pretty cool stuff.
    I was not aware.
    Thanks.

• Bump for AUM external sync :-)

• edited December 2021

So, I just experimented with a way to sync AUM to my Hermod sequencer via midi clock, but having read about a lot of clunky and unstable workarounds, I did not have my hopes high.
    However I found a very easy straight-forward solution that has now been working for three hours straight without a glitch. I can't recall I have read about this way of syncing AUM to midi clock, but I assume it has been done and has been rejected, since this is apparently not the go-to method of choice.
    Anyway, it is as simple as opening an empty Audiobus, enable Link and choose a midi port for the incoming midi clock. In AUM I enable Link and sync Start/stop, and now AUM syncs and start/stops as a slave to the external hardware (Hermod).
    The only issue I have spotted, is that AUM will always run with a 1 bar offset to Hermod, due to the 1 bar sync time. Not sure if there is a way of getting around that, but for my use (being able to use fx that need sync such as Slow Machine on channels from my modular) it is of little matter.

But still being a newbie to iOS music making, I am wondering if I am blind to some huge pitfall here?

EDIT: I just realised that it is crucial to load one "dummy" effect in Audiobus. With a completely empty Audiobus, it seems to stop Link after a short while, but with something loaded (I use an audio fx, but anything might work) it stays awake and keeps Link running.