Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MachineTALK - doing the frequencies

Fiddled with generators and frequencies.
Let them machines talk...

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Comments

• edited March 2019

Love this kind of stuff on iOS
    Yours is quite lovely

You feel like explaining any part of your set up and how you reach your end composition?

• edited April 2019

@audiblevideo
    For sure. If you are interested :smile:
    The main “instruments” are auGENX and ENSO.
    What you cant see in the video are some generators like Rozeta (Particles, LFO) and one instance of StepPolyArp Unit.

auGENx:

• Main Drone
    • Click Generator

Ripplemaker is responsible for the brighter Blips that form some kind of melody.
    They are triggered by SPA with probabilities and repetitions on a simple 4 bar grid.

Rozeta LFO (1 Instance, 3 LFO’s) changes parameters inside the first auGENX instance.

The playing and knob tweaking happened with with my little AKAI MPKmini.

The deeper echos are produced by ENSO - it gets feeded by the Click-auGENX and is played back at 0.8x in reverse.

Also used were some sound tweaking HP/LP-Filters and EOS2 as a reverb.

On the Master-Bus is a Limiter.

That is mainly it.

This all happened from an idea where i tried to play a “piano in reverse” after breakfast...So it developed quite differently :smiley:
    I am still tuning the split AUM Scene where i try my “reverse piano”.

That ok for you?

Thanks again for listening and feedback!
    Kind regards.

Edit:
    Ah, i forgot the “drums” in Patterning2. That is some mangled samples i recorded with my kids together. Just some scratches an bloops with stuff we found around my desk :smile: These samples are played back with probabilities and in different speeds. Also the pattern-wheels were set turn turn backwards/forwards to bring some more irregularity into it.

Lately i do learn to love auGENX to produce sounds. It CAN be really versatile for experimental stuff combined with other components.

• Clever

The deeper echos are produced by ENSO - it gets feeded by the Click-auGENX and is played back at 0.8x in reverse.

Haz done this myself

auGENx: Main Drone Click Generator
    Ripplemaker is responsible for the brighter Blips that form some kind of melody.

I have to remember that Patterning can do stuff like this.
    I usually pipe midi all over the place and filter/or add notes from a main generator or two

Patterning2... That is some mangled samples i recorded with my kids together. Just some scratches an bloops with stuff we found around my desk :smile: These samples are played back with probabilities and in different speeds

• edited April 2019

@audiblevideo
    You’re welcome.

Keep Patterning in mind! It is beautiful for destroying well balanced soundstages ;)

If you want to drone or click something together, let me know.