Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM - Piano Roll - AUv3 Midi Editor - Pre Release Demo for the iPad - This is EPIC

Comments

• Just notes, you can use StepBud to send midi CC per step

• @sdesign said:
    @blueveek also can you use Atom to send MIDI CC’s or just notes!

Just notes at this time.

• @wim said:

@sdesign said:

Just notes at this time.

@auxmux said:
    Just notes, you can use StepBud to send midi CC per step

Thanks. Do you know if this is planned for future updates?

• There were lots of requests for adding midi cc to Atom, so hopefully.

• @sdesign said:

@wim said:

@sdesign said:

Just notes at this time.

@auxmux said:
    Just notes, you can use StepBud to send midi CC per step

Thanks. Do you know if this is planned for future updates?

I can’t speak for @blueveek as for any current plans, but I believe, he did say back round around the time that the app was released that this was planned at some point.

• @blueveek very disappointed atom cannot record midi cc’s :-( is there any update in sight to fix this ?

• .> @topaz said:

@blueveek very disappointed atom cannot record midi cc’s :-( is there any update in sight to fix this ?

Bummer I still have to use BeatHawk (for exactly this reason) instead of Atom which I originally purchased to replace it.

• Same, Atom is a great idea with crucial missing functions :-(

@rs2000 said:

.> @topaz said:

@blueveek very disappointed atom cannot record midi cc’s :-( is there any update in sight to fix this ?

Bummer I still have to use BeatHawk (for exactly this reason) instead of Atom which I originally purchased to replace it.

• @topaz said:
    Same, Atom is a great idea with crucial missing functions :-(

@rs2000 said:

.> @topaz said:

A month or few ago @blueveek explained that Atom requires a major rewrite before he can implement the missing features and do more bug fixes (due to some changes in how XCode deals with certain things). Because he is very busy with a major work project (for his paying job), he hasn't had a chance to complete the rewrite.

• edited December 2019

Sure Im one of many patiently awaiting. I find it strange there is such a void with this type of sequence recording as compared to the countless step sequencers which personally I find boring to play.

(> @espiegel123 said:

@topaz said:
    Same, Atom is a great idea with crucial missing functions :-(

@rs2000 said:

.> @topaz said:

A month or few ago @blueveek explained that Atom requires a major rewrite before he can implement the missing features and do more bug fixes (due to some changes in how XCode deals with certain things). Because he is very busy with a major work project (for his paying job), he hasn't had a chance to complete the rewrite.

• Again, I find Atom indispensable in AUM. Clip launching would be remarkable, but you can make do with a little deft timing.

One thing I haven't sussed: can you copy a clip and paste it into another? I'd like to have variations on the same clip, or one in a different key, for example.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Again, I find Atom indispensable in AUM. Clip launching would be remarkable, but you can make do with a little deft timing.

One thing I haven't sussed: can you copy a clip and paste it into another? I'd like to have variations on the same clip, or one in a different key, for example.

You have to save a preset then load that preset into another instance. I just call the preset "clipboard" and re-use it each time.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Again, I find Atom indispensable in AUM. Clip launching would be remarkable, but you can make do with a little deft timing.

You have to save a preset then load that preset into another instance. I just call the preset "clipboard" and re-use it each time.

Elegant solution. Thank you, @wim

• @rs2000 said:
    .> @topaz said:

What about Thesys for CC sequencing or StepBud?

• Talking about recording midi cc automation in real time via a controller.

@animalelder said:

@rs2000 said:
    .> @topaz said:

What about Thesys for CC sequencing or StepBud?

• @hibjshop said:
    Sure Im one of many patiently awaiting. I find it strange there is such a void with this type of sequence recording as compared to the countless step sequencers which personally I find boring to play.

Not so strange. Step sequencers are less difficult to write than a real-time MIDI recorder/editor both in terms of recording/playback and in terms of editing. It is just a lot more time involved to write something like Atom compared to a step sequencer. I imagine that the market (profitability) for AUv3 MIDI sequencers is smaller than us AB forum denizens imagine.

• @espiegel123 said:

@hibjshop said:

Not so strange. Step sequencers are less difficult to write than a real-time MIDI recorder/editor both in terms of recording/playback and in terms of editing. It is just a lot more time involved to write something like Atom compared to a step sequencer. I imagine that the market (profitability) for AUv3 MIDI sequencers is smaller than us AB forum denizens imagine.

Absolutely, and I don't think that the majority of iOS music composers use apeMatrix or AUM for composition.

• edited December 2019

It’s amazing that we still don’t have an AU midi rec/player today with simple midi import/export.. well on IPadOS/13 anyway..

• @RajahP said:
    It’s amazing that we still don’t have an AU midi rec/player today with simple midi import/export.. well on IPadOS/13 anyway..

Photon

• edited December 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

Photon

Don't work on ipadOS

Edit ...Stop the presses... It seems to be working now..

Was not working in earlier versions of ipados.

Thanks..

:)

• @blueveek said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ricksteruk said:

On iOS ATOM will be great for allowing looping of MIDI ideas - but what will interest me most is if there is a way to switch between ATOM patterns like scenes.

Didn't @blueveek say he has a follow on app that will take care of this ? Atom to create the loops...then the follow on app to let you control when those loops are played...

Correct. For Atom, clip launching will be possible/ergonomic with a companion AU (yay for modular, right?).

@skrat said:

I believe with the paradigm of clips/scene launching, that was already mentioned here, you can actually build full songs. ATOM afaik does not include patterns feature yet, so it does not help, but I believe Audioveek is aware of this idea as he mentioned he will also start working on a clip launcher kind of app as a complement to ATOM (did I hear "Molecules"? :smile:)

It's been in development since December last year, and we've been nicknaming it "Superlatch" internally. It was actually supposed to be part of MIDI Tools, but didn't make thee cut. Release will follow after Atom | Piano Roll.

@AndyPlankton said:

@blueveek said:

@tk32 said:
    I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

I can assure you this is the first place he’ll post when there’s any news.

AFAIK the schedule is still ‘soon’.

The schedule is now 'super duper soon' :D

Damn ! Better get searching down the back of the couch when I get home :D

99, I guess you are a newcomer... check what we were promised..here..

• @blueveek : just a late entry in the nice-to-have-in-a-future-update stakes: it would be pretty awesome if you were able to import and export a whole AUM session of several Atom clips in Ableton .als format, as is offered by Blocs Wave and Launchpad. It would offer an elegant way of shipping whole projects back and forth between AUM and Ableton on the Mac. Just a thought/hope/wish for future consideration....

• Cool beans Doug!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @blueveek : just a late entry in the nice-to-have-in-a-future-update stakes: it would be pretty awesome if you were able to import and export a whole AUM session of several Atom clips in Ableton .als format, as is offered by Blocs Wave and Launchpad. It would offer an elegant way of shipping whole projects back and forth between AUM and Ableton on the Mac. Just a thought/hope/wish for future consideration....

As Atom has no audio, not sure if it'll help that much. That'd be basically MIDI export / import, mayble only advantage would be separation into clips. But you can't easily convert MIDI data from Atom into audio clips. That'd need some cooperation between AUM and Atom which is pretty wild from developer point of view and very unlikely.

• @skrat: I respectfully beg to differ. Being able to bundle up a set of 8 or 10 separate Atom midi clips tempo synced to each other in one hit, preserving those relationships and opening as an arranged set of clips immediately in Ableton as a complement to the audio only .als files from Blocs wave would make for a slick workflow. I accept it’s not vital, as you can arrange them manually alongside the audio clips, which is why I said it was a future ‘nice to have’, not a dealbreaker. Frankly, like most other people here, I’m just hanging on for Atom 2 as is to drop. It looks fantastic!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @skrat: I respectfully beg to differ. Being able to bundle up a set of 8 or 10 separate Atom midi clips tempo synced to each other in one hit, preserving those relationships and opening as an arranged set of clips immediately in Ableton as a complement to the audio only .als files from Blocs wave would make for a slick workflow. I accept it’s not vital, as you can arrange them manually alongside the audio clips, which is why I said it was a future ‘nice to have’, not a dealbreaker. Frankly, like most other people here, I’m just hanging on for Atom 2 as is to drop. It looks fantastic!

I just wanted to ensure you won't have unrealistic expectations, but if it's a viable option for your use case, then it's worth considering.
    And I also can't wait for Atom 2, the promises in teasers are hard to believe :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @blueveek : just a late entry in the nice-to-have-in-a-future-update stakes: it would be pretty awesome if you were able to import and export a whole AUM session of several Atom clips in Ableton .als format, as is offered by Blocs Wave and Launchpad. It would offer an elegant way of shipping whole projects back and forth between AUM and Ableton on the Mac. Just a thought/hope/wish for future consideration....

Exporting all Atoms into an Ableton session that only contains MIDI clips is doable, I've added it as a feature request to 2.x.
    Including the audio tracks in a host, well.. I'd have to reach out to a few folks to see if it's possible.

• Wait a sec... audio clip playback is coming too? :)
    That’s more than 2 in 1

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Wait a sec... audio clip playback is coming too? :)
    That’s more than 2 in 1

Haha, no, not right now :) I was referring to the other audio tracks that are from a host. To include them in an exported Ableton session file, there'd have to be close communication between an AU and the host, which isn't possible yet.

However, I've been chatting with @winconway about maybe having an Atom | Audio Clip kind of thing at some point. It's just in the design phase at the moment though, don't expect anything too soon.

• @blueveek said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Wait a sec... audio clip playback is coming too? :)
    That’s more than 2 in 1

Haha, no, not right now :) I was referring to the other audio tracks that are from a host. To include them in an exported Ableton session file, there'd have to be close communication between an AU and the host, which isn't possible yet.

However, I've been chatting with @winconway about maybe having an Atom | Audio Clip kind of thing at some point. It's just in the design phase at the moment though, don't expect anything too soon.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying.
    Also glad to hear that you’re interested in developing this missing piece. With your attention to details it’ll be another classic :)