Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM - Piano Roll - AUv3 Midi Editor - Pre Release Demo for the iPad - This is EPIC

Comments

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Just downloading it from the UK store. Had to type in "victor porof" to find it, for whatever reason...

• Rad ! I searched atom but couldn't find it so thanks for the link

• it’s alive! and very very cool!

• Well, it's everything it has been cracked up to be but....

And I hate to complain given all the goodness, but...

@blueveek why, oh why, can we not have the Loop Record function as an AU parameter? This is the MIDI looper that so many of us have been looking for--it works flawlessly! Why can't we control that with a MIDI CC?

• edited April 2019

Oh. I am a sucker for MIDI MIDI MIDI. And this seems to be exactly what I need right now.

Downloading.

Right now :)

EDIT: I tapped on “buy” before I saw @lukesleepwalker ‘s comment and I gotta say I truly would have passed if I knew that Loop Record is not MIDI mappable... thats pretty essential if I am ever going to use this app. bummer. Still, looks like a very fun toy till then. I will enjoy it as such ;-)

• edited April 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Well, it's everything it has been cracked up to be but....

@blueveek why, oh why, can we not have the Loop Record function as an AU parameter? This is the MIDI looper that so many of us have been looking for--it works flawlessly! Why can't we control that with a MIDI CC?

You've got to think/hope parameters will be added later as like Fugue machine, it's usually the last thing to add.
    are there any parameters available?

Got my finger on the trigger but haven't pulled it yet. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

You've got to think/hope parameters will be added later as like Fugue machine, it's usually the last thing to add.

Pull it!
    And deep in this thread the dev was talking about many things to come, but he wanted to rool out the main thing first and add on over time! Less bugs all at once as well this way

• @Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

There's lots of params exposed but not the ones I was expecting. Perhaps the upcoming Clip Launcher app will cover?

• edited April 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

There's lots of params exposed but not the ones I was expecting. Perhaps the upcoming Clip Launcher app will cover?

I have it now, but strange that most of the params don't show in AUM, but they do in apeMatrix. Not sure if this is an AUM beta thing.

@blueveek I was having an issue with AU paramaters with another app, Quantichord in AUM and Jonatan got me to forward this guide link about how to implement AU parameters for AUM as there's two ways to implement them. http://devnotes.kymatica.com/auv3_parameters

• @Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I have it now, but strange that most of the params don't show in AUM, but they do in apeMatrix. Not sure if this is an AUM beta thing.

@blueveek I was having an issue with AU paramaters with another app, Quantichord in AUM and Jonatan got me to forward this guide link about how to implement AU parameters for AUM as there's two ways to implement them. http://devnotes.kymatica.com/

Nope, not just an AUM beta thing. I confirm: Parameters aren’t exposed in regular AUM, but are available in in ApeMatrix.

• @ALB said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@blueveek I was having an issue with AU paramaters with another app, Quantichord in AUM and Jonatan got me to forward this guide link about how to implement AU parameters for AUM as there's two ways to implement them. http://devnotes.kymatica.com/

Nope, not just an AUM beta thing. I confirm: Parameters aren’t exposed in regular AUM, but are available in in ApeMatrix.

They may be visible in apeMatrix in error, can you get any to work? Had a quick go but can't seem to do anything with them but I could be wrong as it's late here :)

• @Carnbot said:

@ALB said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

They may be visible in apeMatrix in error, can you get any to work? Had a quick go but can't seem to do anything with them but I could be wrong as it's late here :)

Lots of parameters showing in AB3 latest beta, although not the ones I was hoping to see. I only see one parameter exposed in AUM (start/stop).

• edited April 2019

Guess all we need now is the AUM update... and Scaler custom scales update.. (not likely)
    Very nice..

Edit.. preset folders would be nice..

• ALBALB
    edited April 2019

@Carnbot said:

Yep - was able to get these to work - didn’t try all of them, just these three. I was just messing around.

• edited April 2019

All params except for the “Start / Stop” are marked as private, and AUM does the correct thing of hiding them.

Now, you can use them, but here be dragons for now. Much better (and officially supported) automation will be available in the next update.

• @blueveek said:
    All params except for the “Start / Stop” are marked as private, and AUM does the correct thing of hiding them.

Now, you can use them, but here be dragons for now. Much better (and officially supported) automation will be available in the next update.

Sweet!

• Makes sense now, thanks @blueveek :)

• @blueveek said:

Aha, well that explains it! And will loop record parameter be supported at some point?

Don't mean to nitpick because this app is a game changer on iOS. Just trying to dial in what is "in scope" for hopes and dreams!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@blueveek said:

Aha, well that explains it! And will loop record parameter be supported at some point?

Don't mean to nitpick because this app is a game changer on iOS. Just trying to dial in what is "in scope" for hopes and dreams!

I think it's reasonable to expect automation. This isn't nitpicking, it makes sense :)

• Thanks
    Money well spent
    Had been waiting for this type of app for so long
    Good luck for future development
    I feel you are the man to succeed

• I have added a Knowledge Base thread for ATOM. Please share your discoveries tips and tricks (and video links) with us here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32203/atom-piano-roll/p1?new=1

For those that don't know, AB Forum is going to have a wiki. The knowledge base topic is for collecting information that will migrate to the wiki. Please use it just for documenting the app rather than opinion sharing and general discussion.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I have added a Knowledge Base thread for ATOM. Please share your discoveries tips and tricks (and video links) with us here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32203/atom-piano-roll/p1?new=1

For those that don't know, AB Forum is going to have a wiki. The knowledge base topic is for collecting information that will migrate to the wiki. Please use it just for documenting the app rather than opinion sharing and general discussion.

Well done .. Bookmarked..

Thanks..

• This thread has grown so quickly so I don’t know whether this has been raised but...

I see in the video when Doug is hitting drum notes and then synth notes on the one, the note on the roll appears slightly later, basically after the line. Not sure whether he isn’t playing quantised (sounds like he is) or there’s something weird going on? @thesoundtestroom

• @supadom said:
    This thread has grown so quickly so I don’t know whether this has been raised but...

I see in the video when Doug is hitting drum notes and then synth notes on the one, the note on the roll appears slightly later, basically after the line. Not sure whether he isn’t playing quantised (sounds like he is) or there’s something weird going on? @thesoundtestroom

As far as I can tell, everything was quantised, but the pattern was played (and recorded) 1/16th late. Mistakes like these can be easily corrected afterwards of course. Select and move everything to the right by 1/16 comes to mind.

You can turn off auto-quantize before recording using the SNAP button in the top toolbar UI.

Or, you can revert the auto-quantize after recording from the quantize dynamics menu in the sidebar (non-destructive).

• Only 16 ratings in the AppStore.
    Seems like it should be way more, considering the chatter on this forum.

• I like how it lets me focus better somehow; just does.

• @blueveek did you ever released a clip launcher to accompany Atom Piano Roll?

• edited August 2019

@blueveek also can you use Atom to send MIDI CC’s or just notes!