Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM - Piano Roll - AUv3 Midi Editor - Pre Release Demo for the iPad - This is EPIC

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@blueveek said:

@tk32 said:
    I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

I can assure you this is the first place he’ll post when there’s any news.

AFAIK the schedule is still ‘soon’.

The schedule is now 'super duper soon' :D

Relative to what?

I mean, when we wait months for things like Drambo to even go into beta--or years for NS2 or BM3... Super duper soon could be weeks really! :wink:

@lukesleepwalker, @blueveek stated last friday the plan was to get ATOM submitted within a week so hopefully not weeks now depends on Apple bottm line !

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@blueveek said:

@tk32 said:
    I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

Relative to what?

I mean, when we wait months for things like Drambo to even go into beta--or years for NS2 or BM3... Super duper soon could be weeks really! :wink:

What about 'Extra' super duper soon....is that longer ? :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@blueveek said:

@tk32 said:

Relative to what?

What about 'Extra' super duper soon....is that longer ? :D

My head just kersploded

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ricksteruk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ricksteruk said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@ricksteruk said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @AndyPlankton @ricksteruk sorry I know this topic has probably been discussed to death in several threads, it's just I'm sitting in a Café with my proverbial Latte and thinking about how to improve the world (as I always do) 😉

Interesting to bring it up again though.

I like having these discussions even if they have been covered before - they can sometimes spark off new ideas :smiley:

Me too :)

Check this vid from around 4:20.....the start is him building the scenes, from 4:20 he is 'playing' the scenes and it shows the timeline...which only has automation...no notes or parts....things like part mute....or switch scene...or any control movements are recorded to the timeline.
    The video maybe doesn't get across how liberating working this way actually is.

Yeah that looks pretty cool ! IMHO we need both the scenes / loops page and also some kind of timeline to capture and / or sequence a performance of the scenes and loops.

That exactly is what is happening in the vid from 4:20....the controls tab records to it's own linear timeline so you can 'jam' and record all of your actions, and then go back and edit them (if you so desire)
    The row of numbers along the bottom is the scenes, you swap simply by selecting one....the swap is recorded as an event in the timeline so you can change their position, copy them, draw them in manually or delete them afterwards.

I think you can do this in garageband with the clips view...but that records the output from the parts and not just the trigger events.

Yeah it's neat! Groove Machine looks pretty close - but is the app out of date and not on the app store now? Can it use MIDI AUs like Step Poly arp? - can I use Ableton Link to connect to other things, Can I trigger the scenes via external MIDI, Can I record audio loops into it as well as MIDI?

No longer available afaik, and no to AU..it didn't even have IAA or AB....it is the idea of recording the loop/scene/mute/control movement events to a linear timeline that I am pushing ;)

Garageband is pretty close as well - one major annoyance is that you can only "play" one synth live at a time - all the others have to be recorded on a track. Some of us sing and play at the same time. Or maybe play more than one instrument at once - eg a bass drone or chord with one hand and a melody on another. And of course no Ableton link - and not sure about AU MIDI -- how is that?

dk...have not used garageband for a long time....Gadget is better for the multi instruments as it has configurable MIDI channels....not easy to change instruments while playing though, so it's fine if you have more than one keyboard....or one that can send to different channels based on a key range, or if using a single keyboard and only play one instrument at a time (currently selected one)...
    AU MIDI in AUM makes it even better as there are MIDI AU's to add keysplits etc..to keyboards without them...you can even do velocity layering to bring in other instruments at higher velocities...

What essentially I need is the mixing front end of AUM combined with a Loop/Session mode that can also "print to timeline" if I want to capture the actual real time performance. Whereby you can hear and play all apps at once by sending MIDI or audio to them (some of us like to try singing!) and build loops in any of them.

Same here...audio for live guitar and hardware synths though, I'm not brave enough to sing :D

At the moment for my needs I don't think there is any alternative to using Ableton Live as it can basically do these things ( I am routing MIDI from Live via IDAM to my iPad to use StepPoly arp and so on)

I have never used Ableton Live beyond a quick 10 minute play trying out Gadget Ableton Project export. I'm scared to, in case I like it :D

ok, my head hurts now, thinking about all this again, and my wallet has taken a run for cover (no point really there's nothing in it anyway :D ) !!

Back to dreaming about getting a Novation SL MKIII to take care of scene creation and triggering....then just use Loopy for audio....and hopefully record Program Changes and CC's from SL and MIDI notes for Loopy triggers.
    It sounds so simple like that...but I bet it isn't LOL

Haha! Yes all this makes my head hurt too - and the mention of Digital Performer and it's new loops feature is making my wallet very nervous too!!

Not to mention I need to buy ATOM as soon as it comes out :wink: And then will be chomping at the bit for @blueveek 's forthcoming clip launcher!

• @blueveek said:

It's been in development since December last year, and we've been nicknaming it "Superlatch" internally. It was actually supposed to be part of MIDI Tools, but didn't make thee cut. Release will follow after Atom | Piano Roll.

Great to hear it's already in development! Sorry to rename your app, just thought there is no name yet... 😇

I know I would be a bit impatient now, as you're probably fully occupied with releasing Atom, but I am very curious :smile: Few questions:
    1. Do you plan to introduce patterns within Atom, e.g. similar to what StepPolyArp has?
    2. If not, I am curious about how Superlatch would switch between different patterns (loops, sequences,... whatever you name it). Or will every clip be able to record notes and for editing you would need to change the pattern in Atom in re-record it into clip?
    3. Do you plan to introduce some automatic triggering of next, previous, Nth pattern after N loops?

I believe there will be similar separate discussion for Superlatch, similar to this one, so if you don't want to mess it here, just tag me with answers when you create it.

Wish you happy coding and a lot of users for all your apps!

• just curious what’s the status of this app? I thought it might be out today, but I haven’t heard anything yet

• edited April 2019

@eross

• Beta testers are busy trying to find any last tiny bugs
    • Blueveek is working hard to make sure it's super slick - just like his last release
    • ...and then Apple will want a chance to rubber stamp this via their (incomprehensible) approval process.

Everyone is working hard to get this out - I can assure you - but it's very unlikely to be out this weekend (sorry).

Blueveek said 'super duper close' 2 days ago.

It's now been upgraded to 'super super duper duper close'

(...I've probably said too much. But I can't help it, it's too exciting!)

• Can't wait for this. I thought I was going to be playing with it all weekend, but at least I can now stop checking the app store every hour 😇

• @tk32 said:
    @eross

• Beta testers are busy trying to find any last tiny bugs
    • Blueveek is working hard to make sure it's super slick - just like his last release
    • ...and then Apple will want a chance to rubber stamp this via their (incomprehensible) approval process.

Everyone is working hard to get this out - I can assure you - but it's very unlikely to be out this weekend (sorry).

Blueveek said 'super duper close' 2 days ago.

It's now been upgraded to 'super super duper duper close'

(...I've probably said too much. But I can't help it, it's too exciting!)

good to know. while i was looking to play it this weekend, i know the apple approval process can be a bit of an hassle. best of luck with that. and i very much look forward to it when it is finally released

• edited April 2019

Quick demo using Atom inside BM3.

‘Was Dog A Doughnut’ meets ‘How It’s Made’

Tip - watch to the end to see 4 clips superimposed (showing midi for the whole track on one screen)

• YAY color coded overlays n loops and stuff

• edited April 2019

@tk32 said:

Tip - watch to the end to see 4 clips superimposed (showing midi for the whole track on one screen)

Can you Import/Export midi?

• I probably wouldn't use it inside bm3 as it already has a piano roll and I don't really care for bm3 at all lol... But can't wait to get this going in AUM!! ApeMatrix!!!!

• edited April 2019

@reasOne said:
    I probably wouldn't use it inside bm3 as it already has a piano roll and I don't really care for bm3 at all lol... But can't wait to get this going in AUM!! ApeMatrix!!!!

True. I mainly just wanted to show it works fine in other hosts too.

...but don't underestimate the power that having scale overlays and the ability to show superimposed ghost lanes adds to your composition arsenal - even inside hosts that already have their own native midi editors.

The truth is, this is going to be great in any host - and don't forget, you can always use Midi Route (another app by Blueveek) to route the output of your Atom loops into regular midi patterns in hosts like BM3.

• @RajahP said:
    Can you Import/Export midi?

Not in version 1.0

You'll have to ask @blueveek if (or when) that feature will be added.

• @tk32 ha totally ‘Was dog a doughnut’! Love it.

• @tk32 looks great :) Thanks for the video.
    Are there any AU parameters exposed?
    I'm wondering if the clip length can be automated for example and if the playhead can be remote triggered yet.

• Update:

I've now submitted Atom to Apple for review. Release schedule is dependent on Apple at this point, but I did everything I could so that they won't complain. Hoping for some good luck :)

Thanks for your patience, and I hope you're going to have a blast.

• @blueveek said:
    Update:

I've now submitted Atom to Apple for review. Release schedule is dependent on Apple at this point, but I did everything I could so that they won't complain. Hoping for some good luck :)

Brilliant good luck with the launch.

• @blueveek said:
    Update:

@blueveek you rock!

• @blueveek said:
    Update:

Can’t wait to try it!

• @blueveek said:
    Update:

Congrats..

• Sweet! Hopefully they just let we thru!!

• What should we search the app store for to see when it lands? 👀

• @tk32 said:

Lol, that ‘thing’ should replace the BM3 built-in piano roll like NOW but i’ve seen like zero progress with the host and still many broken things left in it like input-monitoring dies when starting to sample among other things. I wish the remaining Intua team good luck in fixing it :D

• @reasOne said:
    What should we search the app store for to see when it lands? 👀

Ask @tja!

(Sorry... :smiley: )

• @reasOne said:
    What should we search the app store for to see when it lands? 👀

What about searching for "Atom" and filtering by category "Music"?

• edited April 2019

Don’t worry @reasOne - the shockwaves this app is gonna cause will mean it’ll be featured by Apple by day 2... or top of the charts... or Both.

No searching required.

• @blueveek said:
    Update:

Good to know, what tier will this land at? (In case I need to go fetch more gift-cards).

• @SevenSystems said:
    What if you create a linear section for each scene, and then just keep changing the loop region while the timeline is running? (most linear sequencers have a "Selection to Loop" function)... the only thing missing then would be a "Defer loop region change to next bar" toggle.)

Ohhhh, yes please (talking Xequence and AUs here)