Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM - Piano Roll - AUv3 Midi Editor - Pre Release Demo for the iPad - This is EPIC

Comments

• @Hmtx said:
    Really nice looking app. Thanks for the peek @thesoundtestroom
    Will Atom do cc automation as well?

I believe that is scheduled for and update. He asked and was encouraged to put it out now without all of the ever expanding list of feature requests.

• edited March 2019

@CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:

@audiblevideo said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Surely the iOS music app developer crowd has by now run out of particle names 😉

The Quarks alone have Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange, Charmed
    along with their antiparticle pairs

;P (I'm sure you know)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_particles

Sure I know... but should the next MIDI sequencer AU really be called "Strange"? 😁

Your AU version of Xequence should be named ‘God’.

Higgs 😉

• edited March 2019

Higgs 😉

@ 3:12

TL;DW

"...An invisible and infinite ocean of some sort of charge we've never hear of all invented so that electrons can be left and right handed at the same time..."

• does this ya e the option to adjust velocity of the notes?

• @SevenSystems said:

@CracklePot said:

@SevenSystems said:

@audiblevideo said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Surely the iOS music app developer crowd has by now run out of particle names 😉

The Quarks alone have Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange, Charmed
    along with their antiparticle pairs

;P (I'm sure you know)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_particles

Sure I know... but should the next MIDI sequencer AU really be called "Strange"? 😁

Higgs 😉

THATS what he is called. I wanted to post that name as reply to your other statement that we ran out of names, but I only came up with Briggs haha - even google didn’t suggested „did you mean Higgs“ ;P

• Couldn’t watch all the video, but Can it limit the piano roll to different scales?

• @Artefact2001 It doesn’t limit the roll to scales but it does highlight different scales you can select

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Couldn’t watch all the video, but Can it limit the piano roll to different scales?

The beauty of this is that you can write melody without caring about scale at all, then add any MIDI FX AU (such as Rozeta
    Scaler) and feed it into another instance of Atom Piano Roll and record. Voila, you have your notes in scale now :smile:
    The scale functionality in Atom is only as a visual cue to help you to not write notes out of scale. But for any other processing, you can use one of many MIDI AUs available and record the processed output.

• Does anyone know if it's possible to use a third party keyboard to enter notes into Atom? As a non-keyboard player, I'm thinking of entering notes and chords via KB-1, which would then go straight into Atom. Is this possible, does anyone know? Thanks.

• @audio_DT said:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to use a third party keyboard to enter notes into Atom? As a non-keyboard player, I'm thinking of entering notes and chords via KB-1, which would then go straight into Atom. Is this possible, does anyone know? Thanks.

no reason why that shouldn't work.

• edited April 2019

@Halftone said:

@audio_DT said:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to use a third party keyboard to enter notes into Atom? As a non-keyboard player, I'm thinking of entering notes and chords via KB-1, which would then go straight into Atom. Is this possible, does anyone know? Thanks.

Good stuff - cheers. If it does that, I'll be more than happy. I'd consider AUM as my go-to 'sequencer' if it does that, even though I've not used AUM for a while. The lack of a way to record chords has long been a pain in AUM. If this solves it - woohoo!

• edited April 2019

@audio_DT said:

@Halftone said:

@audio_DT said:

Good stuff - cheers. If it does that, I'll be more than happy. I'd consider AUM as my go-to 'sequencer' if it does that, even though I've not used AUM for a while. The lack of a way to record chords has long been a pain in AUM. If this solves it - woohoo!

Rozeta Cells: Polyphonic Step Recorder - record and play back polyphonic phrases and patterns.

Also StepPolyArp

• @audiblevideo said:

@audio_DT said:

@Halftone said:

@audio_DT said:

Rozeta Cells: Polyphonic Step Recorder - record and play back polyphonic phrases and patterns.

Also StepPolyArp

I can never get things right with Cells. It seems really limited, no? Or maybe I'm not using it right - not used it for ages so I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip on StepPolyArp, too. I've got that, as well, but forgot about it because I've been using Cubasis for ages and cannot, for whatever reason, get StepPolyArp to work properly in that. But a simple midi editor is what I want, anyway - just so long as it accepts notes from other apps (e.g. KB-1). As such, Atom looks like it could be 'the one', on that score.

• Are we there yet ??
    Bump
    Bump

• edited April 2019

@Nicebutfun said:
    Are we there yet ??
    Bump
    Bump

+Bump

• I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

I can assure you this is the first place he’ll post when there’s any news.

AFAIK the schedule is still ‘soon’.

• @tk32 said:
    I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

We bump because it is our nature to bump for bump we must...we are the scorpions of bump and indeed does it make us happy....

• edited April 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@tk32 said:
    I’m very pleased you’re all excited to try Atom, but there’s no need to bump ...or ‘bump a bump’.

We bump because it is our nature to bump for bump we must...we are the scorpions of bump and indeed does it make us happy....

Agreed, one more bump 😊

(https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/91/gb6dm4clddfe.jpeg "")

• A bump from Mr. Bumpy

• Awesome. We're been updated to "soon". Every additional post to this thread will raise the BPM on someone's internal clock. I just hit 120 and "soon" dropped it to 100.

• Allow me to bump thee, for the win.

• BUMPING FROM WAY BACK...

• edited April 2019

I feel like soon is pretty much rn 🤣 so....

• Ah crap @gusgranite beat me to the grace jones bump :D

• edited April 2019

This looks really interesting but my mind is stuck in multi track linear sequencer mode

I have a genuine question as I think this kind of approach could be useful to open up new ways of composing;

how would you use apps like ATOM with AUM to make a full track with different sections and lots of tracks instead of in a traditional linear multitrack sequencer?

It seems to me that I’d get lost quite quickly. How do you lot arrange a track with this modular worklfow? Or is it more for evolving live jams or just to work on smaller sections of a track?

I am so used to being able to see the full structure in front of me I can’t quite get my head around the modular way of working. I totally get how I’d make a short pattern but it seems to me it would be quite easy to get lost when you are trying to flesh things out into a full song with a traditional kind of structure. Or is it just more suited to a long evolving piece rather than an ABACAB type song?

I get bored with ambient type music very quickly. It’s like I’ve heard those four notes looped a hundred times now, where’s the chorus? ;-)

As an example, I find “Allesandro Cortini” albums to be very tedious and much prefer “SONOIO” (or NIN even).

(And yes I know SONOIO = Alessandro ;-)

• @klownshed said:
    I get bored with ambient type music very quickly. It’s like I’ve heard those four notes looped a hundred times now, where’s the chorus? ;-)

It's not necessarily just ambient music which lends itself to "let's see where this spur of the moment thing goes" modular approach. Many types of electronic music like techno, acid or post-industrial-funk-bass-core can be done in this evolving way.

I suppose the whole point is to get away from the traditional linear approach. It's not so much the end result that drives the modular/daw-less way, but in fact it being another method for getting there (or never getting there at all) :)

• @brambos said:

@klownshed said:

It's not necessarily just ambient music which lends itself to "let's see where this spur of the moment thing goes" modular approach. Many types of electronic music like techno, acid or post-industrial-funk-bass-core can be done in this evolving way.

I suppose the whole point is to get away from the traditional linear approach. It's not so much the end result that drives the modular/daw-less way, but in fact it being another method for getting there (or never getting there at all) :)

That’s what I’m trying to wrap my head around :-)

I’m already an expert at not getting there. Another way of no getting there probably won’t hurt ;-)

I like the idea that this could take me in a different direction but the lack of structure might quickly get in my way. But this is a limitation of me, not the technology! I've been using Logic since v1 so it's pretty ingrained by now. It's hard to learn new tricks but might be fun.

I was wondering how you lot approach this and whether getting rid of the structure is actually the point.