Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“I Made a 3 hour ambient album.” “Oh wow so did my dishwasher.”

edited March 2019 in Creations

Saw the meme on facebook. Hey I like ambient music fine, but it made me laugh.

I also wondered what a track would sound like if I made it with the dishwasher. My dishwasher was too quiet though. But the washer and dryer worked.

All sounds made from samples of the washer, dryer, detergent bottle, and effects. Primarily on the iPad with Gadget, Fieldscaper, and Twisted Wave. Arranged, mixed, and mastered in Reaper.

Didnt really end up ambient, this was what the sounds lead me to.

So, how about some songs made from dishwashers, washers, or dryers? 😛

Comments

• I like your piece too, really creative. I'm having fun sampling household sounds with koala and sometimes werkbench, but I haven't really made them into anything musical like this - nice work!

• @mrufino1 said:

I like your piece too, really creative. I'm having fun sampling household sounds with koala and sometimes werkbench, but I haven't really made them into anything musical like this - nice work!

Nice.

• @mrufino1 lol Awesome, thanks for sharing!!

• Great stuff!
    I used my fridge once...

I recorded my fridge with my iPhone, normalized this with AudioShare app.
    I plugged this looping 50 second sample into the 3 slots in Soundscaper app, alongside this I used 3 modules in Borderlands Granular app to add more texture and rhythm, also running was a looping version of the sample played with AudioShare. All of these 3 fed into MasterFX (reverb/flanger/delay) which in turn fed into MasterRecord. All manipulated live, only fades added in post.
    House music!

• edited March 2019

A very musical washer/dryer indeed. Just don't like its political values... separating whites from colored and all.

• @Multicellular said:
    Saw the meme on facebook. Hey I like ambient music fine, but it made me laugh.

I also wondered what a track would sound like if I made it with the dishwasher. My dishwasher was too quiet though. But the washer and dryer worked.

All sounds made from samples of the washer, dryer, detergent bottle, and effects. Primarily on the iPad with Gadget, Fieldscaper, and Twisted Wave. Arranged, mixed, and mastered in Reaper.

Didnt really end up ambient, this was what the sounds lead me to.

So, how about some songs made from dishwashers, washers, or dryers? 😛

I like that.

I enjoy field recording/found sounds stuff - adds something unique to a recorded piece.

• encenc
    edited March 2019

Some of this guys stuff is amazing ...