Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad 4 or iPad AiR?

2»

Comments

• There are a few people here who.... voice their opinion on the subject quite frequently, I've noticed that as well. I have very rare issues with RAM, it's unfortunate, but it's not THAT bit of a deal for me. Certainly not a reason to get an iPad4 over the Air.

IMVHO of course.

• @Tarekith said:

There are a few people here who.... voice their opinion on the subject quite frequently

Well, I may be one of them :)

But just to clarify, I'm not really voicing opinion - I try and stick to facts as much as possible. That's why I asked people to take actual measurements of the various models a few weeks back (and I'm grateful that you were one of the people who provided some for the Air), so we could have some data rather than just conjecture.

The iPad Air has roughly twice the CPU performance of the iPad 4, but on the other hand it does have about 20% less available RAM. Those are just facts, there's no axe to grind, and there's nothing emotional about stating them, and it's not slating the Air in any way, it's simply stating the truth :)

Personally I would think that most people would be better off getting the Air. In my case I didn't because I could get a refurbished iPad 4 for considerably less than the Air, but if the price difference hadn't been so big (£140) I would have got the Air.

• Does anyone feel crammed using the mini?

• M y wife has a retina mini, it's really nice and portable, but whenever I borrow it for music making I tend to find it's just a bit small feeling. I might just be used to my Air though.

• edited January 2014

@TGiG said:

Does anyone feel crammed using the mini?

I have no problems. And after using the original mini before the retina for over a year, the full size ipad seems like a big print version....

• @Tarekith @KlaatuNinja
    Cool thanks for your thoughts

• Just a place for my little video hahahahaha!

There is another one I made with audio bus and live fx.

• My 5cent is:
    If I could move back to ipad 4 I possibly would but on condition it was running ios 6. Saying that I wouldn't probably actually do it since times are moving on and it is good to be on the latest ios for different reasons and ipad 4 seems to be handling ios 7 a bit slower (so I heard). It is a no win situation. Ipad air is more fragile but I just put a beefy rubberized skin on it and it is still lighter then ipad 4. In the video there's some stuttering but I'm running quite a few synths (animoog alone would at times challenge my ipad 2 alone) on it with 2 Arps on Magellan which is bound to req more CPU power. I honestly don't regret getting ipad air. Should another ipad come out at the end of the year I just flog this one add £50 and get another one as I did with all my iPads to date. I never actually updated the ios but simply bought a new ipad! Anyhow producing full albums on an ipad still verges on silly. Maybe the next or the one after that will have enough CPU/ram and most importantly fully fledged daws to be completing serious recording projects. Logic on osx needs min 2gb ram and that's only a MINIMUM! When you start running multiple effects things change very quickly. Let's forget all that tech talk and start making some beautiful music and simply walk around the limitations.