Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is a good ipad for audiobus etc.?

edited January 2014 in General App Discussion

I've been using audiobus on my iphone 4S which has some problems handling some audiobus compatible apps, like for eg Soul Keys, and of course can't take ipad only audio apps. I'm thinking of getting an ipad and am wondering if its best to just go for the newest (ipad air?) or if there are any advantages/disadvantages with other models?

Comments

• The Air seems to be having some problems, based on other users' comments. I would steer clear of the iPad3 for the same reason. Any model earlier than an iPad3 may give you problems because of the slower CPU speed. I have an iPad4 and an iPad mini retina and like both of them..

• Thanks. That's good advice!

• @funjunkie27 said:

The Air seems to be having some problems, based on other users' comments.

What kind of problems?

• @Sebastian said:

What kind of problems?

I can't recall specifics, but I recall hearing a few people posting issues that seemed specific to the Air. Hoping those who have one can chime in. I have the mini retina, which has the same architecture, but I've not noticed any issues with it. I hope I didn't @steer Munco wrong with that, but I also hope that I'm wrong about the Air having problems.

• I don't have any problems with the Air, aside from lots of Safari crashes (which I'm sure will be fixed in iOS 7.0.1)! Audiobus is lovely on it.

• @Munco said:

I've been using audiobus on my iphone 4S which has some problems handling some audiobus compatible apps, like for eg Soul Keys, and of course can't take ipad only audio apps. I'm thinking of getting an ipad and am wondering if its best to just go for the newest (ipad air?) or if there are any advantages/disadvantages with other models?

Just a thing for Neo here, I have a video for using this with AB, but it may be that you need to mame sure that AB is set at 512 buffer.