Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wow, the “free” music apps in the App Store are mostly horrible

Half of them are cheesy “beatmaking” apps.

Impossible to wade through.

Very few of the paid apps suck.

Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• edited March 2019

@johnfromberkeley I been doing the same this week while taking a short break from my project. Lot of weird crap out there and they try charge subscriptions or apps plastered in advertising.
    I do not understand how Apple allows these apps but give the decent devs a harder time.

@hi, @Stormbeats! I accidentally pushed the edit on your post and here I am!!
    Jeez, I could wreck havoc with your forum reputation!!! Never fear, you are safe with me, but maybe @michael should have a look at this. Almost as bad as Hillary's emails!😉😘

• edited March 2019

GarageBand, AK1, FM Player, Amp One, Syntorial, Seaquence, MIDI Wrench, Beatformer, Nanologue, Sequencism (I think you can download the free Salamander with that), Zero Reverb, Rough Rider2, My Noise, and let us not forget Friskies Jitterbug... and I am not an appoholic. Tho you are experienced so some of these probably don't rate.

But you are thinking we should get stuff for free? Or just musing that the best things in life aren't free?🤔😳

• @LinearLineman said:
    GarageBand, AK1, FM Player, Amp One, Syntorial, Seaquence, MIDI Wrench, Beatformer, Nanologue, Sequencism (I think you can download the free Salamander with that), Zero Reverb, Rough Rider2, My Noise, and let us not forget Friskies Jitterbug... and I am not an appoholic. Tho you are experienced so some of these probably don't rate.

But you are thinking we should get stuff for free? Or just musing that the best things in life aren't free?🤔😳

@LinearLineman Beatformer is very good

• @stormbeats said:

@LinearLineman said:

And not free.

• @wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@LinearLineman said:

And not free.

@wim it was for me - happy days

• @stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@LinearLineman said:

And not free.

me too :)

• @Suboidua said:

@stormbeats said:

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:

@LinearLineman said:

And not free.

me too :)

I that case...

BM3!!!!!!!

:o

• edited March 2019

@wim... I downloaded Beatformer free. ?

• edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2019
  • From memory:

Synthbook
    Figure
    Groovebox

Are all pretty great for free. Good enough to lose a few hours to anyway!

• @Max23 said:
    there is a saying that goes do not look gift horses in the mouth!

Which is a not so good idea in the software domain ;)
    'free apps' are rarely free in the true sense of the word - they don't cost money, but spy on your device or come with ads (which have been 'sold' by the developers).
    There's less spyware in IOS than in other systems, but it does exist.

Some developers provide free apps to increase their reputation - which is understandable.
    Yet it's not a great approach imho (personal) opinion, as they spoil other people's business.
    To develope great processing tools is a huge effort and should be rewarded.

• edited March 2019
  • @Telefunky said:

@Max23 said:
    there is a saying that goes do not look gift horses in the mouth!

Which is a not so good idea in the software domain ;)
    'free apps' are rarely free in the true sense of the word - they don't cost money, but spy on your device or come with ads (which have been 'sold' by the developers).
    There's less spyware in IOS than in other systems, but it does exist.

Some developers provide free apps to increase their reputation - which is understandable.
    Yet it's not a great approach imho (personal) opinion, as they spoil other people's business.
    To develope great processing tools is a huge effort and should be rewarded.

There are some apps that are created by developers as part of their main workflow but for various reasons they decide not to monetize the apps they develop. Physicles by Rodrigo Roman is an example of such an app. While these may be a small proportion of the free music creation apps, there can be some useful apps and a way to separate them out from the apps listed above is useful.

• I was mistaken. Beatformer is free! It’s so good I thought I must have paid money for it.