Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moodscaper... What happened to it?

I’m curious if anyone that’s been here awhile knows what happened to/with Moodscaper/Pianoscaper/whatever scaper...?

They are pretty cool, but the ancient menthol of loading custom samples is nuts...

Any idea if these awesome apps will ever get any more love?

Just the ability to use files app for samples and Ableton Link would be pretty awesome...

Comments

• I was just looking on his Facebook a few weeks ago wondering the same. I think it was about 2 years ago he mentioned about adding Link. I think there were a couple other features mentioned too - maybe support for different scales/tuning? But seems quiet lately. There was a update in November last year adding IAA stability.

• It’s a shame when really cool and unique apps get dumped on the Island of Misfit Toys... There’s so many crap apps, it would e nice if the good ones stuck around a while...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    It’s a shame when really cool and unique apps get dumped on the Island of Misfit Toys... There’s so many crap apps, it would e nice if the good ones stuck around a while...

It had real potential, and seemed headed towards being a really good thing, but I guess the sums didn’t add up for the dev, so he stripped it down and created separate player versions.

• @MonzoPro said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    It’s a shame when really cool and unique apps get dumped on the Island of Misfit Toys... There’s so many crap apps, it would e nice if the good ones stuck around a while...

It had real potential, and seemed headed towards being a really good thing, but I guess the sums didn’t add up for the dev, so he stripped it down and created separate player versions.

But even they seem dead and unloved.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

But even they seem dead and unloved.

Yeah, it's a shame. The dev was a regular on here for a while, and the general consensus was that keeping the original version as a 'Pro' version, would generate sales from serious music makers and that one could be developed further, while selling variations on the 'players' to keep the cash rolling in. I guess the sales didn't live up to expectations, as so often it seems to be the case.

I didn't update the original, so still have the 'uncut' version on my Air 2 which is really good, as well as the player versions.

• They work fine still. I use them frequently.
    Tried building up custom set once, but it was a lot of work, and the stock samples sounded better anyway.
    There are better options for custom sample playback, but these Moodscaper apps are great just sticking with the tons of provided samples.

• Honestly, I found it to be a collection of cliches. And the developer at one point requested songwriting "acknowledgement," if I recall correctly, for any compositions using his app. Which I thought was weird.

The new app in beta from the team that made KRFT — B4th — trades in the same idea, but it's really successful. Possibly because it has fewer parameters, it quickly becomes just its own thing....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

The new app in beta from the team that made KRFT — B4th — trades in the same idea, but it's really successful. Possibly because it has fewer parameters, it quickly becomes just its own thing....

Got a link for that? Search is not giving me anything.

• Fieldscaper and SynthscaperLE have both been updated recently. Moodscaper doesn’t seem to figure on his site.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Fieldscaper and SynthscaperLE have both been updated recently. Moodscaper doesn’t seem to figure on his site.

Wrong Dev. 😀

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Fieldscaper and SynthscaperLE have both been updated recently. Moodscaper doesn’t seem to figure on his site.

different developer

• Lol. That’s confusing...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Got a link for that? Search is not giving me anything.

It is in beta right now.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Honestly, I found it to be a collection of cliches. And the developer at one point requested songwriting "acknowledgement," if I recall correctly, for any compositions using his app. Which I thought was weird.

If you even attempted to create a custom sample set as extensive as the ones in-app, you may have a greater appreciation for what the dev has created.

But then again, maybe not.

I really like the B4th app too. Keeps getting better with each new beta.

• @CracklePot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Honestly, I found it to be a collection of cliches. And the developer at one point requested songwriting "acknowledgement," if I recall correctly, for any compositions using his app. Which I thought was weird.

If you even attempted to create a custom sample set as extensive as the ones in-app, you may have a greater appreciation for what the dev has created.

Yea, I tried doing that once with iTunes... Once... Holy fuck that was aneurysm inducing...

I think an app like moodscaper that pooped out midi would be pretty cool...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@CracklePot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Yea, I tried doing that once with iTunes... Once... Holy fuck that was aneurysm inducing...

Check out Refraktions. Similar, yet poops out Midi.

• @CracklePot said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@CracklePot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Hmm I've had since it came out but didn't realize it had midi... Thx!

• @CracklePot said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@CracklePot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Refraktions! That’s a great app and it’s controllable as well.