Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Serato Studio Announced.

Comments

• Looks weird .

• @stormbeats said:
    Looks weird .

Yes not sure what it’s trying to be ! I just downloaded the public beta so will give it a whirl!

• hahaha, yes very much.

@stormbeats said:
    Looks weird .

• edited March 2019

"When playing instruments, Serato studio will match the instruments to the key of the song, so you can play harmonically without having to know any music theory."

So I can buy this for my cat or dog and if they walk across the keyboard, they'll be able to produce a melody and a song that'll fit in with any of today's popular music?

Maybe I'm old school, but I know where middle C is on a keyboard and I know which notes I want to play when I press a key on a keyboard.

I'm sure there is a market for software like this where most of the work is done for you, like auto syncing of loops, auto keys, auto harmonics, auto everything. And drag and drop song creation. I think it's missing auto lyric creation though, maybe somebody will come out with that soon though and include it in a DAW. I guess it's not for me though, and that's ok.

• edited March 2019

Iam a dj came from vinyl and very much respect Serato for djing but this thing is tooo strange and looks gimmicky .Serato stick to dj stuff.

• edited March 2019

In an odd way, it reminds me of StageLight...hrmmm.....

• Searched in the App Store, but it seems not yet to be available.
    Any date?

• @tja said:
    Searched in the App Store, but it seems not yet to be available.
    Any date?

Not for iOS.

• Lol@subscription.

• i’m not sure if it is part of this but serato has a killer time stretching algorithm. i have serato sample on my desktop and it can do some amazing stretching off audio. so if that is any indicator, this might be something to look into

• edited March 2019

@eross said:
    i’m not sure if it is part of this but serato has a killer time stretching algorithm. i have serato sample on my desktop and it can do some amazing stretching off audio. so if that is any indicator, this might be something to look into

Serato Sample has been one of the most valuable product for me.
    DJ software has become more and more "sample-aware" over the years, from more cue points to sample pads etc., so creating a new product that extends on such capabilities just makes sense. Some DJs have been using AKAI MPCs for long, and it looks like they want to add something like that inside their own program in a more accessible and syncable way. Your music sets the bpm and Studio follows.

• edited March 2019

@eross said:
    i’m not sure if it is part of this but serato has a killer time stretching algorithm. i have serato sample on my desktop and it can do some amazing stretching off audio. so if that is any indicator, this might be something to look into

Serato has always been known for their time stretching, going back decades.

I remember using Protools when Digidesign first released it, and I used Steinberg Time Bandit for a while, which was one of the first time stretchers, and then Serato Pitch n Time got released, I believe in 1998, and I used that for a long time. Back in the day, that's how I would time stretch most vocals for remixes.

I don't use Protools anymore, but I just took a look and I see that Serato still sells the Pitch n Time plugin, it costs $800.

• Shame it’s subscription only, can live with a yearly subscription like Bitwig so at least you can get the product and decide when you want to update by renewing the subscription. But monthly subs just to get the product sucks.

• edited April 2019

This is a huge move on Serato's part. It's what people have been asking Native Instruments to do for years, which is to integrate Maschine/Komplete (studio content creation) with Traktor (DJing and live performance).

You have a bunch of folks that already own Serato DJ controllers from various companies. Most of these controllers have built-in audio interfaces, velocity-sensitive pads, faders/knobs that send midi, etc. Serato leveraged that and made a simplified DAW that's auto-mapped to those controllers. You can sequence drums and play notes from the hardware pads, record automation from the knobs, chop samples with cue points, etc. It's turns Serato hardware into a mini-Maschine or Ableton Push really. Very forward thinking. It's only in beta, I can't imagine what version 2 or a "Pro" version will do.

I'm on the beta and will put it through the paces next week.

• @coolout said:
    This is a huge move on Serato's part. It's what people have been asking Native Instruments to do for years, which is to integrate Maschine/Komplete (studio content creation) with Traktor (DJing and live performance).

You have a bunch of folks that already own Serato DJ controllers from various companies. Most of these controllers have built-in audio interfaces, velocity-sensitive pads, faders/knobs that send midi, etc. Serato leveraged that and made a simplified DAW that's auto-mapped to those controllers. You can sequence drums and play notes from the hardware pads, record automation from the knobs, chop samples with cue points, etc. It's turns Serato hardware into a mini-Maschine or Ableton Push really. Very forward thinking. It's only in beta, I can't imagine what version 2 or a "Pro" version will do.

Eager to hear your report.
    And, you know, watch your expertly produced and succinct videos.

• @coolout said:

Agreed had lot of fun with the beta it’s great for getting ideas down. Im not from a sampling background so it’s opening new doors. Found one or 2 problems with it passed them on the devs have been pretty swift in getting back and helpful.

• edited May 2019

$14.99 a month subscription shame they didn’t consider a different model.

• @Jumpercollins said:

It's $15/mo month to month or $10/mo if you pay for the year up front. If it allows you to keep using it after the sub expires (without updates, obvi) $120/yr doesn't seem too outrageous. If not, well, meh.

• Serato is the new Vestax.

• I think subscription for this kind of thing is just a bad idea. I’m surprised by how much I like playing with the beta and would have considered a decent intro price despite having every other DAW. But they’ve made it clear they’re after entry level producers who may not even have one DAW.

• @DCJ said:
    I think subscription for this kind of thing is just a bad idea. I’m surprised by how much I like playing with the beta and would have considered a decent intro price despite having every other DAW. But they’ve made it clear they’re after entry level producers who may not even have one DAW.

I reckon they're going directly after the hordes of people who already pay for subscriptions to their DJ software. If they can convert 20% of them, probably a solid bump for the company.

• @syrupcore said:

@DCJ said:
    I think subscription for this kind of thing is just a bad idea. I’m surprised by how much I like playing with the beta and would have considered a decent intro price despite having every other DAW. But they’ve made it clear they’re after entry level producers who may not even have one DAW.

I reckon they're going directly after the hordes of people who already pay for subscriptions to their DJ software. If they can convert 20% of them, probably a solid bump for the company.

Possibly, but their answer on the forums has been that they want to make it cheaper for aspiring producers to get into production. But to your point, I think it’s way more about the bottom line than anything. I just firmly believe that selling a DAW as a service because of the buffet of content they’ll provide is extremely short-sighted.

• @syrupcore said:

@Jumpercollins said:

It's $15/mo month to month or $10/mo if you pay for the year up front. If it allows you to keep using it after the sub expires (without updates, obvi) $120/yr doesn't seem too outrageous. If not, well, meh.

Basically the same model as Bitwig then you can choose when to buy in and out if it’s had updates to suit your needs and still use it after the sub expires wasn’t aware of that.

Maybe worth getting in a years time once it’s developed more.

• edited May 2019

Reminds me the thousands of tracks being released on beatport every month. Now there will be hundreds of thousands :smile:

• Actually there are only 18 new releases on beatport each month, they are just the same tracks released under different labels or in different compilations. 🤪