Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One Album Wonders

There's hundreds, thousands of one hit wonders but what about one album wonders?
with the news today of the forthcoming Sex Pistols biopic, it got me wondering has any other band in history had such influence with just one album?
OK, it wasn't just the album with the Pistols but it played a large part. I'm talking about real influence here not just personal influence.

Comments

• edited March 2019

One of my favourites, and many of you know how much I really like this band and most of the album.

Young Marble Giants / Colossal Youth (1980).

Here’s a nice find, a video (yes video) of a them live in 1980. I’ve never seen this one before.

• oh man, love me some YMG! Never seen that video, thanks for posting.

Superb Japanese band Testpattern (produced by Haroumi Hosono) sadly only had one album.

• encenc
    edited March 2019

😆I Thought it might be a short list :*

• super talented bunch, tragic back story ...

• edited March 2019

Dave did go on to help make the DAW/company, Tracktion, and just recently passed away. :'(

One of the best super-80s sounding albums. I still listen to it from time to time.
    https://youtu.be/VqwtxPUAGrw

• @Paul16 brilliant album. Samples galore but with upmost respect to this work of true art.

• Well there's the Blind Faith album, but it's not like the band members just popped up out of nowhere and then retired.

There's the Temple of the Dog album, but that might count as more of a tribute album.

I used to get thousands of obscure CDs from radio stations that received massively more music than they could ever get around to playing. Lots of artists and bands put out one great album that never even got close to going anywhere, but that's just called failure. Those people can't exactly be called wonders. They're more like the cannon fodder of what used to be the music industry. It might be interesting to make a list of some extremely talented failures.

• hmm, not sure you guys are getting thge point :D :D

• @palm said:
    oh man, love me some YMG! Never seen that video, thanks for posting.

Superb Japanese band Testpattern (produced by Haroumi Hosono) sadly only had one album.

not exactly groundbreaking but i frikin love this v B) B)

• One of my top ten favorite albums (maybe in my top three) is the Skip Spence album "Oar" -- although Skip had done work previously with Moby Grape, and the album wasn't exactly a success at the time (I think for a time it held the record for lowest selling album), but man, if you love that Syd Barrett/Roky Erickson/Daniel Johnston vibe, it's fantastic. Also great if you like that lo-fi, rustic, Basement Tapes-style old weird Americana stuff.

• @aquasloth said:
    One of my top ten favorite albums (maybe in my top three) is the Skip Spence album "Oar" -- although Skip had done work previously with Moby Grape, and the album wasn't exactly a success at the time (I think for a time it held the record for lowest selling album), but man, if you love that Syd Barrett/Roky Erickson/Daniel Johnston vibe, it's fantastic. Also great if you like that lo-fi, rustic, Basement Tapes-style old weird Americana stuff.

yes, this one's a beauty!
    Ted Lucas's singular record (1975) is pretty lovely as well.

• Fall of Saigon is another favorite

• then there's this little slice of magic

• @aquasloth said:
    One of my top ten favorite albums (maybe in my top three) is the Skip Spence album "Oar" -- although Skip had done work previously with Moby Grape, and the album wasn't exactly a success at the time (I think for a time it held the record for lowest selling album), but man, if you love that Syd Barrett/Roky Erickson/Daniel Johnston vibe, it's fantastic. Also great if you like that lo-fi, rustic, Basement Tapes-style old weird Americana stuff.

it's a true 'descent into madness' classic !

• I was going to mention Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos, but as has been said earlier it’s not like the individual members did nothing before or afterwards.
    So how about Jeff Buckley - Grace. I think that counts as influential.

• Sex Pistols had more than one album, though. I love The Great Rock and Roll Swindle.

It seems hard to find any, as if the band made an impact with just one album, someone would later release a live album or demo tracks album, or something similar.

If you mean just one ‘hit’ or ‘classic’ album, then The Stone Roses, for sure.

• encenc
    edited April 2019

@CracklePot said:
    Sex Pistols had more than one album, though. I love The Great Rock and Roll Swindle.

GRRS was a cash in, nothing to do with 2 of the original members. so technically not a proper Sex Pistols record.

if it wasnt for the Pistols (who were witnessed playing in Manchester by members of the following) we might never have had Joy Division and so.. no New Order, The Smiths, The Fall, ahem, Simply Red (Mick Hucknall was at the scond lesser free trade hall gig) :D and all the bands they went on to influence. .. aprt from Simply Red of course.

• @enc said:

@CracklePot said:
    Sex Pistols had more than one album, though. I love The Great Rock and Roll Swindle.

GRRS was a cash in, nothing to do with 2 of the original members. so technically not a proper Sex Pistols record.

I don’t know about that. It says Sex Pistols on the cover, had new material, and even a film to go with it. I know the bass player changed from the recording of the first album, but most people don’t even know that.

Besides, the whole concept of the band was a cash-in, from the moment Malcolm McClaren came up with it.

• encenc
    edited April 2019

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Besides, the whole concept of the band was a cash-in, from the moment Malcolm McClaren came up with it.

yep... what a masterplan :D