Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How Do You Create a MIDI Track from SoftDrummer? / solved

I have messed with this awhile today, but cannot figure it out. I set SD to send midi to Cubasis and pick a channel. I create an audio track with SD and a midi track which allows me to select SD and the channel I picked. Nada. What am I doing wrong? Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance! ( hat would I do without you?)

Comments

• edited March 2019

In Soft Drummer pick 'Cubasis' as the output device, then in Cubasis select 'Virtual MIDI' as the input device....

This is the case when sending MIDI to Cubasis from any other app that allows you to select an output device, if you select Cubasis in the source app, then this is the 'Virtual MIDI' port in Cubasis itself.

• I tried that @AndyPlankton. Still no go. I have no instrument in the midi track, virtual midi ch 1 as the source. ( no thru midi) SD on the audio track ( which does record). Cubasis as midi out on SD, ch 1 selected. Of course I am missing something. But what?

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    I tried that @AndyPlankton. Still no go. I have no instrument in the midi track, virtual midi ch 1 as the source. ( no thru midi) SD on the audio track ( which does record). Cubasis as midi out on SD, ch 1 selected. Of course I am missing something. But what?

Is the midi track armed?

Oh! And make sure “Send Notes” is enabled in the midi settings in SD. I think it defaults to OFF.

[edit] Also, to get SD to start when you press play or record in Cubasis, disable Link in SD, enable Cubasis for midi clock input in SD, and make sure Cubasis is set to send midi clock.

• Soft drummer also doesn´t work for me in Cubasis. Sometimes it´s there but most of the time it isn´t. Can´t figure out how it works because it doesn´t. Lumbeat needs to address this.

• @Frenq said:
    Soft drummer also doesn´t work for me in Cubasis. Sometimes it´s there but most of the time it isn´t. Can´t figure out how it works because it doesn´t. Lumbeat needs to address this.

It works fine for me. Can you describe the issue in more detail? There should be an answer. If it works for others, it should for you.

• Humm ... I am finding that SD loses its connection to Cubasis if it sits idle too long. I have to go to the audio channel where SD is loaded by IAA and remove/replace it to get it going again. That seems more like a Cubasis issue to me, but who can tell?

• @wim, you are my iOS god!! Send notes was not activated. @Frenq maybe this is the answer for you, too.
    Thanks to all

• I will try, thanks if so...

• I have noticed that if I leave Cubasis (say, to post on the forum), Soft Drummer loses its connection to Cubasis. That’s kind of a PITA.

• edited March 2019

It is clear that something is not working properly. Apparently nobody knows exactly where the error is, but in this way it is almost impossible to properly use Lumbeat products in Cubasis. At least as far as I'm concerned.

• @Frenq said:
    It is clear that something is not working properly. Apparently nobody knows exactly where the error is, but in this way it is almost impossible to properly use Lumbeat products in Cubasis. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Are you sure that you have it set up correctly? There are a number of places where you need to have particular settings correct. If you tell us more specifically about it your settings and what you are trying to do perhaps we can help you get it working.

It works fine for me. Latest versions of the apps under iOS 12.1.4.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Frenq said:

Are you sure that you have it set up correctly? There are a number of places where you need to have particular settings correct. If you tell us more specifically about it your settings and what you are trying to do perhaps we can help you get it working.

It works fine for me. Latest versions of the apps under iOS 12.1.4.

I don't have soft drummer but do have Rock Drum Machine, Reggae Drummer, Future Drummer and Funk Drummer and they all work fine in Cubasis for me....although once in Cubasis I don't tend to leave it again until I'm finished.

@Wim Do you have reproduceable steps ? If you have then report it to @LFS and @LuisMartinez (email [email protected]) I'm sure they will look into it.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @Wim Do you have reproduceable steps ? If you have then report it to @LFS and @LuisMartinez (email [email protected]) I'm sure they will look into it.

Yeh, I guess I should do that. I just haven’t had the time, and it’s not a big issue for me since, like you I wouldn’t normally leave Cubasis while using it. I only noticed it because of @Frenq saying it’s unusable. I don’t even know if the issue I saw is the same as what is making him or her say that.

• Was messing with FD Song Mode today.. wish it had that export button like iBassist..