Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sue YouTube!

In a world, where the overwhelming source of what is popular, and what is trending, YouTube has a monopoly.
They can make or break people in all walks of life.
When they start providing false facts and inaccurate data, then it isn’t a level playing field.
YouTube makes a LOT of money off the faith of its viewers and posters, through advertising and subscriptions.

Now, when you had x number of views on one day, then 2 days later, you have lost 1/3 of those views, is that fair? Is it damaging to that poster?
In a world where it’s your main hope of coverage and views count, does it become fraudulent?

I have records saved of views, from each day since the video was released 7 days ago.

The following poll is semi serious, but YouTube has WAY too much influence!

The influence of YouTube
  1. Is YouTube fraudulent10 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
  2. Should YouTube be regulated10 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
  3. Is possible to sue YouTube for damages10 votes
    1. Yes
      40.00%
    2. No
      60.00%

Comments

• maybe time you try Vimeo instead?

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Do you mean “Is it possible to sue YouTube for damages”, or “Is it possible to successfully sue YouTube for damages”?

Anyone can sue anyone (at least in the US). But to be successful one has to prove they have been harmed in a way that is curable by financial restitiution. Unless you’re some huge name, then it’s highly unlikely you could prove enough damage to even cover your filing fees.

As for regulation ... I’m itching to say something, but no way I’m contributing to bringing that kind of politics into this forum. Hope this thread doesn’t go there.

• @enc said:
    maybe time you try Vimeo instead?

Yeah, thinking about it, but they are the poor relation.

@wim said:
    Do you mean “Is it possible to sue YouTube for damages”, or “Is it possible to successfully sue YouTube for damages”?

Anyone can sue anyone (at least in the US). But to be successful one has to prove they have been harmed in a way that is curable by financial restitiution. Unless you’re some huge name, then it’s highly unlikely you could prove enough damage to even cover your filing fees.

As for regulation ... I’m itching to say something, but no way I’m contributing to bringing that kind of politics into this forum. Hope this thread doesn’t go there.

Oh for sure, they have too much clout to WIN a case, but do you agree that they hold too much influence and can make or break something. I have physical evidence of view counts going backwards!

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@DefRobot said:
    Oh for sure, they have too much clout to WIN a case, but do you agree that they hold too much influence and can make or break something. I have physical evidence of view counts going backwards!

I agree that they should have a conscience and should not do something like that. I’m going to bow out of this thread though, so I’ll just leave it at that.

• @wim said:

@DefRobot said:

I agree that they should have a conscience and should not do something like that. I’m going to bow out of this thread, so I’ll just leave it at that.

It’s an off topic thread Wim. I just feel that ‘tastemakers’ and popularity gauges, shouldn’t be rigged.

• @DefRobot said:
    It’s an off topic thread Wim.

I know. I wasn’t criticizing you for posting it. -peace

• Are the number changes you’ve been experiencing perhaps a bug in the YouTube coding? If you haven’t already done so, perhaps reporting it to them will help them to correct the situation?

I think to say YouTube is a monopoly overstates the case s there are other video streaming services available, YouTube is just the largest by a large margin. If another service offers better service, I think users will start to shift their content there.

• edited March 2019

sorry, that was rude....self editing here.

• If you paid for some services and they aren't provided as they should ,then in best case scenario you get a refund.
    We are talking about a free service ,provided as is , pretty sure all covered in the terms of using (and noone reads)