Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

🎹 EK LADKI KO DEKHA TO - Instrumental Cover - iPad Pro 11" widescreen video

edited March 2019 in Creations

This is my latest cover song composition on Cubasis and SynthMaster One -

Cheers!
Shekar

Comments

• Wow that is amazing! I don't know the original but that sounds great! All sounds from Synthmaster One or some loops?

• edited March 2019

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Wow that is amazing! I don't know the original but that sounds great! All sounds from Synthmaster One or some loops?

Yes, the lead instrument is from SynthMaster One.

The Flute is from SynthMaster Player (it is incorrectly tuned but I had to do some video tricks to render correct notes with another muted MIDI track’s video)

The initial notes are from Cubasis Piano and SwarPlug Sitar.

Some minor Cubasis drums at the beginning and end.

No loops (there is a backing track) :smile:

Thanks!

• edited March 2019

@MobileMusic said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Wow that is amazing! I don't know the original but that sounds great! All sounds from Synthmaster One or some loops?

Yes, the lead instrument is from SynthMaster One.

The Flute is from SynthMaster Player (it is incorrectly tuned but I had to do some video tricks to )

The initial notes are from Cubasis Piano and SwarPlug Sitar.

Some minor Cubasis drums at the beginning and end (there is a backing track).

No loops :smile:

Thanks!

Here is the original - 1942: A Love Story (movie from 1994)

Cheers!

• Love this. Love the flute... what comes after the flute? Love that. Love, love, love.

• edited March 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Love this. Love the flute... what comes after the flute? Love that. Love, love, love.

After the Flute - it is the same instruments from the beginning - Cubasis Piano panned left and SwarPlug Sitar panned right.

The SynthMaster Player Flute was a video trick as this instrument's sound is designed to be one semitone lower than standard frequencies. The video would display all wrong notes by one less semitone. So I duplicated the track to a Cubasis Piano MIDI track, muted the Piano track, transposed the Piano track's notes up by 1 semitone and captured its video playing back the track while the sound is produced from the SM Player Flute's track. There are more instruments in SM Player that are out of tune and I've already alerted @kv331audio_bulent and @lbiyikoglu about it.

There are not many Flute AUs on iOS with Legato/Mono and Glide for expressive playing. The one in bs-16i , Jubal Flute, Sensual Sax are mediocre for expressive playing. I would like to design sounds in SynthMaster One but don't have a lot of time to design sounds for now.

Thanks and Cheers!

• Thanks for the transposition tip on the SMP. How do you get the Swarplug instruments into Cubasis, please? MPE keyboard?

• edited March 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks for the transposition tip on the SMP. How do you get the Swarplug instruments into Cubasis, please? MPE keyboard?

It’s an AUv3 app. It was on sale last year. A bit expensive but worth it for the sounds and it’s 79 quality Indian instruments. Just use the software keyboard in Cubasis.

• Thanks, can it be controlled by a hardware controller? Sounds like not.

• edited March 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, can it be controlled by a hardware controller? Sounds like not.

SwapPlug AU should play with a MIDI controller. SwarPlug doesn't have much exposed for sound design except ADSR, Pan and Fine tuning and is mostly like a preset/sample player.

• B)
    Evokes happy memories

• edited April 2019

Forgot to mention about the video trick in my Happy Birthday song project.

The drums audio in this song is not actually from Cubasis drums :smile: They are GarageBand Drummer tracks - while Cubasis drums are used just for the video part to show which drums are hit. So, audio from GB Drummer tracks and video from Cubasis drums which doesn't have such drum instruments. However, it took over 4 hours to simulate the drum video in Cubasis.

I previously created this song in GB but due to lack of keyboard animations in GB, the video looked dumb with no educational value. When I exported this project into Cubasis, I could not find good drum kit collection as good as the Drummer ones. So I decided to keep the Drummer audio but simulate drum video in Cubasis. Here is the old project with the same Drummer tracks: