Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amiga World Magazines on Archive.org (Starlog too)

Comments

• Well there goes the rest of my weekend and possibly a good chunk of next week.

• Just when I thought the nostalgia rabbit hole couldn’t get any deeper.

• @AudioGus said:
    Just when I thought the nostalgia rabbit hole couldn’t get any deeper.

Put on any number of Vaporwave playlists in the background while flipping through these scans; it’s a pastel melancholy overload.

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:
    Just when I thought the nostalgia rabbit hole couldn’t get any deeper.

Put on any number of Vaporwave playlists in the background while flipping through these scans; it’s a pastel melancholy overload.

It’s Front 242 and Azuma for me. :)

• https://archive.org/details/MSX_Magazine_No._8_1986-12_Laser_Magazine_FR

Damn you....you’ve brought me down the rabbit hole, too! B)

• I am surprised that there was already a barcode on the front of the magazine, in 1992.

• edited March 2019

@Identor said:
    I am surprised that there was already a barcode on the front of the magazine, in 1992.

I am surprised that there was actually a publication ABOUT barcodes

• @brice said:

@Identor said:
    I am surprised that there was already a barcode on the front of the magazine, in 1992.

I am surprised that there was actually a publication ABOUT barcodes

... and fun for the whole family!

• Crap!.... These bring back so much loving & fondfull memories... Still got my Amiga A500 & A1200 at my brothers place in the UK...

• Oh yes, lots to dig here... Thanks @AudioGus for opening up this portal... https://archive.org/details/magazine_rack

• I bought an Amiga 1200 at my local thrift store a few years ago. I’ve meant to order a power cord and try to round up some music software for it...

But sadly it’s collecting dust

• @Identor said:

Hehe, I cant tell if this is a joke or not. ;)

• I wrote some stuff and contributed programs to Amiga User International as a freelancer in the late 1980s, I should look those up and cringe!

• edited March 2019

I wrote for Compute magazine from 1988 until it shut down in 1994.

You can read back issues of Compute, Byte, Creative Computing, and many others at the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/computermagazines.

I think the ads are now the most entertaining part of the old issues.

• Nice thread.

• Very cool, you tech journos!

Here’s another fun one: https://archive.org/details/audio_magazine?&sort=-downloads&page=2

• @PhilW said:
    I wrote some stuff and contributed programs to Amiga User International as a freelancer in the late 1980s, I should look those up and cringe!

Do share!

• Damn, starlog! Use to buy these like crazy when I was a kid. Same for computer gazette magazine. Nostalgia for sure.

• edited March 2019

Here are two articles that I wrote back in 1994 (25 years ago): How to Make the Best Sound Recordings and How to Set Up a MIDI Studio.

Had forgotten how expensive so much of this stuff was at the time. Yikes!

Had also forgotten that Steinberg was known as Steinberg Jones in the US at the time. I thought maybe it was a typo.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    Here are two articles that I wrote back in 1994 (25 years ago): How to Make the Best Sound Recordings and How to Set Up a MIDI Studio.

Had forgotten how expensive so much this stuff was at the time. Yikes!

Had also forgotten that Steinberg was known as Steinberg Jones in the US at the time. I thought maybe it was a typo.

Nice! I had a Gravis Ultrasound back in the day. My first 16bit card! Ssssssmokin!

• This is where it all started for me:

• @DavidEnglish said:

I think the ads are now the most entertaining part of the old issues.

Good lord, I don’t recall there being so damn many ads either. Its like the yellow pages.

• And this is where I first started to teach myself audio engineering. It was the only book on the topic in the entire library system. Man, this thread has sent me down a tunnel! :D

• @AudioGus said:

@PhilW said:
    I wrote some stuff and contributed programs to Amiga User International as a freelancer in the late 1980s, I should look those up and cringe!

Do share!

My contributions were more on the graphics side of things than music (although I was big into music making then too). It started when I submitted a graphics utility program for the BBC Micro to Acorn User magazine - in the days when they used to print programs! I continued to submit stuff, and then they started sending me stuff to review and I got to know them. The same team were involved in Amiga User International so when I got my Amiga 500, I continued the relationship. I did a couple of images for the front cover too.

• edited March 2019

@PhilW said:

@AudioGus said:

@PhilW said:

Do share!

My contributions were more on the graphics side of things than music (although I was big into music making then too). It started when I submitted a graphics utility program for the BBC Micro to Acorn User magazine - in the days when they used to print programs! I continued to submit stuff, and then they started sending me stuff to review and I got to know them. The same team were involved in Amiga User International so when I got my Amiga 500, I continued the relationship. I did a couple of images for the front cover too.

Very cool, I was a big graphics nut on the Amiga as well as music. Loved Deluxe Paint, AdPro, the DCTV, videoscape 3D, Caligari 32, Lightwave etc. I convinced my grade 12 art and computer teachers to let me just work at home on a (cheesy cyberpunk) music video project for my final year. Pretty nice of them to let me do it as this was back in ‘93 before the web boom etc.

• I don’t suppose that video is available somewhere, I’d love to see it. I did an animation in the early 1990s on the Amiga with Inspire 3D (a cut down version of Lightwave), I did the soundtrack for it too, mostly using my Roland D10 if I remember correctly. There are parts that make me cringe but overall it’s not too bad.

• edited March 2019

@PhilW said:
    I don’t suppose that video is available somewhere, I’d love to see it. I did an animation in the early 1990s on the Amiga with Inspire 3D (a cut down version of Lightwave), I did the soundtrack for it too, mostly using my Roland D10 if I remember correctly. There are parts that make me cringe but overall it’s not too bad.

Woah! Yours is far better and more ambitious than mine was. We would have been like best friends :smiley: ... or bitter rivals! :rage:

• Too kind!