Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Minilogue xd - so close but so far

124»

Comments

• @mrufino1 said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Apparently the Wavestate is basically a Raspberry Pi in a keyboard chassis. Make of that what you will...

If I had the knowledge to program the raspberry pi to do it, I definitely would. I don’t even know anything about the wavestate, but DIY in anything can often wind up cheaper. It just becomes a case of the time and energy invested to do it.

I’ve started doing some basic instrument maintenance for some bassists around here, and really enjoying it. As i open up a bass to change a pot, I’m thinking, “This is so simple, I don’t know why he doesn't just do it himself.” But he’s not interested in doing it and I am. Same reason he plays on lots of records and tours and I play weddings and bars (which I do enjoy). We directed our energy into different areas, both of which are beneficial. Since I have plenty of time right now and am getting better at fretwork every ting I do it, I not only changed the pot but also did a fret level and crown. Now it’s a completely different feeling bass which he can now use for more records and tours. He’s not as interested in the equipment itself as he is in using it, So we each do what we do as part of the process.

The other person I’m working with is a bassist and composer, and I’ve had to install programs for him, retrieve passwords, even show him how to buy something online and have it delivered. But when he starts writing, arranging, playing, etc, my jaw hits the floor- he forgets more about music than I’ll ever know. So I’ve told him my job is to make the process disappear for him so he can just work and not worry about any tech. Apparently he is very happy with this arrangement, and I’m happy to support him.

Just so I’m not misunderstood, I’m not criticizing your statement- I am the type who hears that is just an rpi and decides I may want to figure out how to make my own, whereas most keyboardists I know don’t care what’s under the hood, just how it sounds and when they can use it on gigs.

Really enjoyed reading this. 👏🙌🤟 The analogies are spot-on and are applicable in many aspects of life.