Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Simple app to just record MIDI jams

Hi there,

I’m looking for an app to record long MIDI sessions on the go…

I have Gadget and it’s great but it’s limited to 16 bars.
Cubasis and Auria would work but they’re pricey for I want to do. I’m not going to use any in depth functionalities. I just want to record MIDI from apps such as ChordMaps2, Soundprizm, ChorPolyPad... and then be able to transfer/send these MIDI jams to Ableton.

Any advices?
Thanks.

Comments

• Xequence is your answer. It's wonderful!!!

• Have a look at Photon midi recorder :)

• StageLight ,free

• This one is great. No editing though. Free.

MIDI Recorder with E.Piano by Ryouta Kira
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-recorder-with-e-piano/id1448577506?mt=8

• @Halftone said:
    Xequence is your answer. It's wonderful!!!

but not simple

• Would GarageBand work? I haven’t used the apps you mention but it does record midi from ruismaker plugins nicely.

It’s worth trying, the price is right :-)

It’s surprisingly powerful these days.

• @klownshed said:
    Would GarageBand work? I haven’t used the apps you mention but it does record midi from ruismaker plugins nicely.

It’s worth trying, the price is right :-)

It’s surprisingly powerful these days.

It’s also surprisingly difficult to extract the midi from to send it to Ableton or anywhere that’s not logic or GB on Mac

• Ah ok. Like many things on iOS, nearly but not quite.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Yep. Photon. 👍
    I didn’t mention it earlier because it had a couple of important bugs. The latest release took care of the worst of those, and it’s real fun to use now.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Also https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31373/audioveek-piano-roll-midi-sequencer-au#latest, when it comes.

Xequence isn’t all that complicated if all you’re doing is recording midi jams and playing them back. I totally recommend it since the obvious next step after getting a good jam down is to use it for something.

• Midi Sketch, maybe?

• sequencism
    free

• cubasis is 50% off right now ;)

• @aaronpc said:
    Midi Sketch, maybe?

Nope midi sketch has no record

• @Suboidua said:
    cubasis is 50% off right now ;)

ding! ding! ding!

• @stelvio said:
    Hi there,

Cubasis and Auria would work but they’re pricey for I want to do. I’m not going to use any in depth functionalities. I just want to record MIDI from apps such as ChordMaps2, Soundprizm, ChorPolyPad... and then be able to transfer/send these MIDI jams to Ableton.

Any advices?
    Thanks.

Maybe give Genome a try? It's actually really good for jamming because it can also be a midi "clip launcher"... To get the most out of it you need to actually spend a few minutes learning it, and the UI can be a little finiky, but it's still prob. the best free-form midi sequencer and performance platform out there...

• Refreshing this topic!

i tried some of these apps from this topic, Xequence is nice on paper but not auv3.

If anything has changed in the app market? New sweet apps for quick, simple recording 4 or more bar MIDI loops?

Or i have to wait for Atom 2 for that? :#

• NuRackFX has a midi recorder module, is AU and universal. It doesn’t have midi file export though. I suggested this to the dev and he was going to look into adding it.

• @w_iro said:
    Refreshing this topic!

i tried some of these apps from this topic, Xequence is nice on paper but not auv3.

If anything has changed in the app market? New sweet apps for quick, simple recording 4 or more bar MIDI loops?

what exactly are you tryin to do? ( i.e your workflow?)

• @hisdudeness said:

@w_iro said:
    Refreshing this topic!

well i'm jamming with my friend and i wanna record some ideas (bassline, or melody), save it for another session or export this MIDI to Ableton, which is my DAW of choice, i got microfreak and minilogue xd, everything is setuped in AUM

• @stelvio said:
    Hi there,

Any advices?
    Thanks.

Genome or Xequence

Difference is mainly GUI and what appeals to you.

Both are amazing and do everything and more.

MODSTEP is an AMAZING app.......but.....just go with one of these two.

• @w_iro said:

@hisdudeness said:

@w_iro said:
    Refreshing this topic!

well i'm jamming with my friend and i wanna record some ideas (bassline, or melody), save it for another session or export this MIDI to Ableton, which is my DAW of choice, i got microfreak and minilogue xd, everything is setuped in AUM

KorG Gadget ... purchase it on sale .. record midi with any gadget

It supports full blown midi export as live set to ableton .. which is awesome

Things to note
    Mac Pattern is 16 bar .. but you can Create multiple scenes
    Drums , you may need to reassign
    Only thing to note it

• @w_iro said:
    Refreshing this topic!

LK can do what you want.

Photon can record and export MIDI and is an AU. It's u.i. is a little fiddly, but it works well for this purpose. It captures all midi and handles multichannel input.

• thanks for reply guys, i will try LK

• Xequence isn't AUv3, but I can't think of any reason from the stated use case that it needs to be. Best tool for the job IMO.

I'm as AUv3 only oriented as anyone, but sometimes (rarely) it just seems people put themselves through more trouble than it's worth to stick to that limitation. This is one of those cases as far as my workflow goes.

• @BITCRUSHER said:
    Aum

Eh? AUM doesn't record midi.

• @espiegel123 said:

@w_iro said:
    Refreshing this topic!

LK can do what you want.

Photon can record and export MIDI and is an AU. It's u.i. is a little fiddly, but it works well for this purpose. It captures all midi and handles multichannel input.

It doesn't capture sustain cc correctly. Dev says he is working on a fix