SSL Six, I think I'm in love!

Comments

  • it's ugly though, don't like the trim at all but stillllll

  • edited March 22

    I like it, was actually looking for something like this, just spent all my monies on a matrixbrute. About to look up price lol, dont wanna know.
    Edit: Yep, didnt wanna know.

  • as usual, the price of love is making me wince,

  • @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    I like it, was actually looking for something like this, just spent all my monies on a matrixbrute. About to look up price lol, dont wanna know.
    Edit: Yep, didnt wanna know.

    same feeling!!! the simplicity vs. quality is making me drool

  • @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    Edit: Yep, didnt wanna know.

    It’s crazy cheap for an SSL. Crazy pricey when you’ve a more Behringer-ey budget. :-/

  • @klownshed said:

    @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    Edit: Yep, didnt wanna know.

    It’s crazy cheap for an SSL. Crazy pricey when you’ve a more Behringer-ey budget. :-/

    Haha for sure, way out of my range for the moment, esp for something that's really nice but that I don't reeeally need. I mean my setup right now has no distinguishable latency so, software and audio interface can do this just fine for the moment. Still want one dangit.

  • I'd so not get this even if I had the money (I'd go with something more flexible that isn't 100% locked to the SSL sound, like Console 1 by Softube, since emulations are virtually indistinguishable)! But it's still awesome to see available.

  • edited March 22

    An SSL for less than a quarter mil, and you don't need an Uber to get from one end to the other! What does it cost?
    I'd be interested to hear how it stacks up against the Sound Devices units.

  • @pauly said:
    An SSL for less than a quarter mil, and you don't need an Uber to get from one end to the other! What does it cost?
    I'd be interested to hear how it stacks up against the Sound Devices units.

    I'm sure a ton of comparisons will be forthcoming, at least I sincerely hope so

  • edited March 22

  • https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/solid-state-logic-six

    One interesting thing is that this appears to be a completely analogue device, which explains the lack of USB or SPDIF outputs. The downside of this is that your end product - unless you are using it for live mixing - will be determined by the quality of the A/D converter you pair it with.

  • @pauly said:
    https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/solid-state-logic-six

    One interesting thing is that this appears to be a completely analogue device, which explains the lack of USB or SPDIF outputs. The downside of this is that your end product - unless you are using it for live mixing - will be determined by the quality of the A/D converter you pair it with.

    yep that is a bummer but not a deal breaker for sure

  • I know which one looks more fun, and its not these

Sign In or Register to comment.