Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mozaic: a sneak-peek at my new project

123457»

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2019

@ocelot said:
    Thanks. Looks do-able, with cheat sheets. Hoping for loads of presets. :mrgreen:

The cheat-sheet is built into the app and zeros in as you type. :smiley: If that isn’t enough, the manual is already a true work of art. Not only is it a clear reference for the app, but also a great intro to programming and midi concepts. You are gonna love it.

• @wim said:

@ocelot said:
    Thanks. Looks do-able, with cheat sheets. Hoping for loads of presets. :mrgreen:

The cheat-sheet is built into the app and zeros in as you type. :smiley: If that isn’t enough, the manual is already a true work of art. Not only is it a clear reference for the app, but also a great intro to programming and midi concepts. You are gonna love it.

Thanks for the kind words!

Writing that manual certainly took a significant chunk of time (especially compared to other manuals I've made) :)

• Cheat sheets and thorough manuals are always handy for multi-functional utilities like this.
    Especially ones where we code.

Have you seen this:
    https://www.modulargrid.net/e/monome-teletype
    https://monome.org/docs/modular/teletype/

• edited May 2019

@ocelot said:
    Cheat sheets and thorough manuals are always handy for multi-functional utilities like this.
    Especially ones where we code.

Have you seen this:
    https://www.modulargrid.net/e/monome-teletype
    https://monome.org/docs/modular/teletype/

Yes, I’ve seen that. But I think Mozaic Script is a lot easier to read, learn and understand than that :)

Interesting though how Live Coding is suddenly becoming a semi-popular subculture. Who’d have expected that?

• Thank you for easy scripting. Some of us control freaks aren't good coders. :blush:

Now that Bram's Mozaic Midi utility will solve lots of Midi problems, are there any audio router/switch/matrix solutions that would allow for quick changes to audio routing, i.e. for effects routing?

I was thinking of what Richard Devine and Joseph Fraioli do in Eurorack, using the WMD Sequential Switch Matrix and 4ms VCA Matrix modules to pseudo-randomly and instantaneously re-route audio going into various FX.
    https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-sequential-switch-matrix-ssm
    https://www.modulargrid.net/e/4ms-company-vca-matrix
    https://www.modulargrid.net/e/make-noise-rxmx

I suppose a way to automate the apeSoft Mixer Send Receive AU in AUM would be cool.
    Or maybe an audio bus matrix system in AUM that could be automated.

Here's Joseph Fraioli in action: (I apologize if this is out-of-scope for this discussion):

• @ocelot said:
    Now that Bram's Mozaic Midi utility will solve lots of Midi problems,

Have I missed something? Is it here?

Not serious. Just keen to see this one :smiley:

• @Jocphone said:

@ocelot said:

No, but it's coming along nicely. The small beta-test group is doing a phenomenal job finding bugs and inconsistencies and doing valuable suggestions for polishing some last rough edges.

Also interesting for this beta is that I spend roughly as much time tuning up code as I do tuning up the manual B)

• @brambos said:

@Jocphone said:

@ocelot said:

No, but it's coming along nicely. The small beta-test group is doing a phenomenal job finding bugs and inconsistencies and doing valuable suggestions for polishing some last rough edges.

Also interesting for this beta is that I spend roughly as much time tuning up code as I do tuning up the manual B)

Hope the tea and biscuits are in good supply.

• I have goosebumps @brambos

:smile:

• @Jocphone said:

@brambos said:

@Jocphone said:

@ocelot said:

Hope the tea and biscuits are in good supply.

We're on a strict bring your own cookies policy.

• It seems this has been a rather inspirational thread. I'm not going to make any further announcements or disclosures until launch.

• No more cookies until after launch...

• Sorry if I missed this, but it looks like the coding can be done directly on the iPad?

I never really got onto the PureData train because of having to code it on a regular computer then upload to iPad.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Sorry if I missed this, but it looks like the coding can be done directly on the iPad?

I never really got onto the PureData train because of having to code it on a regular computer then upload to iPad.

Please take a look at this image from one page ago :)

@brambos said:
    Almost ready for beta!

Made a significant last-minute change to the language: you can now name your own variables. So no more Var0, Var1, Var99... just use any name you like for any variable... 'x' or 'reallyLongNameWhichYouWillHateWhenUsingIt".

That should make scripts even more readable!

Got my mobile plugin dev studio set up for writing the presets and tutorial scripts... No longer tethered to my MacBook. So I'm really writing plugins on my iPad Air 2 now! :)

Ps: Mozaic...is...AWESOME!!!! <3

• edited May 2019

@rrc2soft said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    Sorry if I missed this, but it looks like the coding can be done directly on the iPad?

Please take a look at this image from one page ago :)

@brambos said:
    Almost ready for beta!

Made a significant last-minute change to the language: you can now name your own variables. So no more Var0, Var1, Var99... just use any name you like for any variable... 'x' or 'reallyLongNameWhichYouWillHateWhenUsingIt".

That should make scripts even more readable!

Got my mobile plugin dev studio set up for writing the presets and tutorial scripts... No longer tethered to my MacBook. So **I'm really writing plugins on my iPad Air 2 now! ** :)

Ps: Mozaic...is...AWESOME!!!! <3

I saw the post on the previous page but I missed the phrase that I bolded above. Thanks.

This phrase: **I'm really writing plugins on my iPad Air 2 now! **