Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Where to download nature sounds?

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource or way for me to download good quality sounds of wind, rain, thunder, crickets, etc right to my iPad. I don’t have a computer at the moment. Or alternatively, way to rip audio from YouTube? Stereo required. Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2019

This is my go-to source as well. Quality varies, but you can usually find what you need. A little editing may be necessary. (Hint: Brusfri is your friend.)

If Freesound doesn't have what I need, I'll search YouTube for sounds listed as "royalty-free" or "public domain," and then use one of the YouTube shortcuts available on https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts to download it.

Also, iTunes has a bunch of pre-made sound effects for purchase. I've bought those in a pinch.

(For context, I edit sound effects for a theater.)

• Outdoors?

• @supadom said:
    Outdoors?

How quaint.

• IRL? Get a Portable Recorder like a Zoom H4n and go record nature. Maybe I should do that and post them up somewhere.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:
    Outdoors?

How quaint.

Cars, construction, sirens, and barking dogs is all I hear.
    Airplanes and helicopters.
    Ok, a few birds too.

• edited March 2019

@CracklePot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:
    Outdoors?

How quaint.

Ok, a few birds too.

I think it's time for a vacation! ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@CracklePot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:
    Outdoors?

How quaint.

Ok, a few birds too.

I think it's time for a vacation! ;)

I have one coming up soon.
    But I’m going to San Francisco, which doesn’t help in the Nature quest.
    I guess I will need to spend some time in Golden Gate Park.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:
    Outdoors?

How quaint.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• edited March 2019

How do I download these on my iPad and get them into AudioShare?

Edit: figured it out via Documents app. If someone has a better way let me know. Thanks!

• @db909 said:

Edit: figured it out via Documents app. If someone has a better way let me know. Thanks!

Yup. I am happy. :)

I use Documents by Readdle to download online files. It has a built in web browser, and when you push the download button on the right end of this website’s file player, it actually downloads the .mp3 file, not some .txt file like Safari always does.

Once you download the .mp3 files, go into the downloads folder in Documents file browser, then long press to Save to Files. That is the Files App, so just navigate to AudioShare in there.

I have to do this, because Documents and Files do not ‘see’ each other’s storage areas directly. Or I haven’t figured that out yet, but whatever, this way works for me. B)

Extra tip: If you point the Documents web browser to this site called youtub, it will dl yt videos when you paste the copied link.

• @CracklePot said:

@db909 said:

Yup. I am happy. :)

I use Documents by Readdle to download online files. It has a built in web browser, and when you push the download button on the right end of this website’s file player, it actually downloads the .mp3 file, not some .txt file like Safari always does.

Once you download the .mp3 files, go into the downloads folder in Documents file browser, then long press to Save to Files. That is the Files App, so just navigate to AudioShare in there.

I have to do this, because Documents and Files do not ‘see’ each other’s storage areas directly. Or I haven’t figured that out yet, but whatever, this way works for me. B)

Extra tip: If you point the Documents web browser to this site called youtub, it will dl yt videos when you paste the copied link.

Excellent!!! Really appreciate these tips. Thank you!