Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dropbox

Using a Ipad3 @ 9.3.2. as a repository however Dropbox requires 10.0 as of yesterday WTF. greenie

Comments

• An Air2 is my present axe - so no worries with general workflow.

• That is really crazy of Dropbox to do this

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@stormbeats said:
    That is really crazy of Dropbox to do this

It’s just economics. Investing in resources to maintain old versions for a dwindling percentage of their user base - one unlikely to generate any return on investment isn’t crazy from a business perspective.

• edited March 2019

@wim said:

@stormbeats said:
    That is really crazy of Dropbox to do this

It’s just economics. Investing in resources to maintain old versions for a dwindling percentage of their user base - one unlikely to generate any return on investment isn’t crazy from a business perspective.

@wim I agree to a cerain point but lets consider the poor people in poor countries who cannot afford the latest iOS Devices to run Dropbox now with the latest software to run on it Not getting over political though. Are these “dwindling people” too. George Orwell 1984 comes to mind

• Oh yea the rest of the world. “Dwindling People”. Economics. Do you know this for a fact

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@Greenie said:
    Oh yea the rest of the world. “Dwindling People”. Economics. Do you know this for a fact

I don’t know if you’re addressing @stormbeats or me. If me, then yes, though it’s logic based, not facts based.

• It costs money to maintain software for older platforms. Dropbox is adding features to the app all the time, and every time they do that they need to test on every platform they support, and work out any issues they find. With files app integration a part of the product, older versions that don’t support files app need even more consideration.
    • By “dwindling people” I mean only that over time there will be fewer and fewer people using older devices. Devices wear out and break. Newer models will become “old”, etc, and become affordable. I didn’t mean anything about dwindling economically challenged population, increased economic means, or any other thing.
    • Logically it makes sense to me that people with older devices only are less likely to purchase the subscription based services that are Dropbox’s only source of revenue.
    • Dropbox is showing signs that they need to increase profitability. This is backed up by the recent three-device limit they put on the free accounts to encourage people toward paid service.

So, by “simply economics” I meant from Dropbox’s profitability perspective, not the broader meaning of Economics.

To @stormbeats mention “dwindling people” I meant simply “dwindling number of revenue generating customers”, nothing else.

Agreed, it would be wonderful if Dropbox would consider the needs of people with less financial means. I won’t speculate whether it’s out of greed or necessity (i.e. staying in business) that they are taking the measures they are.

I meant nothing other than to explain their probable motivations. @stormbeats called it “crazy”, I don’t see it as crazy. Selfish probably, but not crazy. Take offense or disagree if you will. I was only offering a perspective of why they may have done it.

I’m not interested in debating or explaining further. I’ve said all I have to say.

• Wim ,I had no idea that Dropbox was short of funds ,so i understand now completely. greenie

• @Greenie said:
    Using a Ipad3 @ 9.3.2. as a repository however Dropbox requires 10.0 as of yesterday WTF. greenie

My iPad 3 on iOS 7.1.2 can still access my Dropbox V. 4.2.2 account.
    So it’s a matter of not upgrading. I’ve legacied my iPad 3 with its apps and stopped updates years ago.

Same thing with my iPad mini 2. It’s legacied at iOS 10.

I expect that I’ll legacy my Air 2 on iOS 12...

So I’m saying: Be careful what you update.

• @wim said:

@Greenie said:
    Oh yea the rest of the world. “Dwindling People”. Economics. Do you know this for a fact

I don’t know if you’re addressing @stormbeats or me. If me, then yes, though it’s logic based, not facts based.

• It costs money to maintain software for older platforms. Dropbox is adding features to the app all the time, and every time they do that they need to test on every platform they support, and work out any issues they find. With files app integration a part of the product, older versions that don’t support files app need even more consideration.
    • By “dwindling people” I mean only that over time there will be fewer and fewer people using older devices. Devices wear out and break. Newer models will become “old”, etc, and become affordable. I didn’t mean anything about dwindling economically challenged population, increased economic means, or any other thing.
    • Logically it makes sense to me that people with older devices only are less likely to purchase the subscription based services that are Dropbox’s only source of revenue.
    • Dropbox is showing signs that they need to increase profitability. This is backed up by the recent three-device limit they put on the free accounts to encourage people toward paid service.

So, by “simply economics” I meant from Dropbox’s profitability perspective, not the broader meaning of Economics.

To @stormbeats mention “dwindling people” I meant simply “dwindling number of revenue generating customers”, nothing else.

Agreed, it would be wonderful if Dropbox would consider the needs of people with less financial means. I won’t speculate whether it’s out of greed or necessity (i.e. staying in business) that they are taking the measures they are.

I meant nothing other than to explain their probable motivations. @stormbeats called it “crazy”, I don’t see it as crazy. Selfish probably, but not crazy. Take offense or disagree if you will. I was only offering a perspective of why they may have done it.

I’m not interested in debating or explaining further. I’ve said all I have to say.

@wim chill dude its cool. I never thought you meant it in a thoughtless way at all Iam just looking at the bigger scary picture of the madness we face in the future. Its actually scary..its going to be a future if you can’t afford certain things your left behind..most important thing in human race is communication..i see fb etc going the same way..Peace wim your a cool dude
    ;-)

• @wim and I do apologize . I read your initial post wrong. I thought you said “people” when infact you said “percentage” my bad . Too much staring at waveform files lately.

• Nope, as I reread what I wrote, I could totally see why it was unclear what I was saying. No worries. I just wanted to clarify. I took no offense. 👊

• There's more and more free stuff all the time, but it's probably going to be more transitory. Business is about making money. The models these days are great for consumers taking advantage of promotions, but there's no forever. It's just amazing all we have at our fingertips, whether its information or tools to create with. Used to be the average person had to work their ass off for everything they got, or they got left behind. It's a scary future all right, but Dropbox ain't the problem.

• I've never relied on Dropbox because it's not an open standard and there's no open source alternative.
    I always wondered why app developers sometimes offer nothing but Dropbox (or iCloud, which isn't any better in this regard) without alternatives.
    Readdle Documents and most of Apple's own apps are noteworthy exceptions.

• @rs2000 said:
    I've never relied on Dropbox because it's not an open standard and there's no open source alternative.
    I always wondered why app developers sometimes offer nothing but Dropbox (or iCloud, which isn't any better in this regard) without alternatives.

You could still roll your own :wink: But yes frustrating and awkward

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=make+your+own+open+source+dropbox&ia=web

• Well I have to use WeTransfer, which is free (up to 2gb of uncompressed data) to Record Labels... DropBox is a no no to them... They hate DropBox for some reason, they won’t entertain it at all... After 7 days after uploading on WeTransfer, the files are automatically deleted... I don’t know about the Premium (you pay for tho.. But I think it’s unlimited uploading more than 2gb)... But the only thing I like about DropBox, they keep your data... Maybe that’s why Labels don’t like them?... What would happen if DropBox got hacked?.. Its a possibility?... Nothing on the Internet is safe..

• @audiblevideo said:

@rs2000 said:
    I've never relied on Dropbox because it's not an open standard and there's no open source alternative.

You could still roll your own :wink: But yes frustrating and awkward

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=make+your+own+open+source+dropbox&ia=web

Send me one link that describes how to roll my own working Dropbox server and you're my hero. All links I've found only describe Dropbox-style servers that aren't compatible with the Dropbox API and they require their own client software.

• I have a Dropbox account since there are in the market but I never used DB for my personal documents because of security reasons.

Since I have musical apps who need Dropbox I finally use DB only for these apps. I’m so happy when Sounddesigner like @brice , @RUST( i )K or @Spidericemidas offering their patches via DB. So no question, I welcome Dropbox! 😊

My very private and personal files I keep always offline, not in the cloud... 😎