Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Analog Rytm: Got one?

Tell me about how you use it?

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:

First step, you MUST buy Collider. That’s a no brainer. And be thankful, because with Electron stuff, the rest of it is FULL brainer. 🤪

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@RUST( i )K said:

First step, you MUST buy Collider. That’s a no brainer. And be thankful, because with Electron stuff, the rest of it is FULL brainer. 🤪

Bro

Totally lost! LOL

• MKI, looks better, is cheaper used. I need to start using Collider with it. Bought the app but haven't used. Need to pair with Polyphase (same Dev) and use Analog Four MKI.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Bro

Totally lost! LOL

You mean totally lost about what I wrote, or totally lost trying to figure out WTF to do with the Rytm?

• I bought the MKII to use for Live sets, both just for drums and possibly standalone. There's some really nice performance features with things like being able to save 16 different snapshots over your current kit and the fills function. But the analog drum sounds themselves didn't impress me, and there were a lot less of them then I expected. Only mono samples too, and very limited effects. Then it started freezing on me from over heating, so I returned it. I really can't recommend it, but you can check out my video reviews on YouTube for the details.

The TR8s I have now is vastly better in almost every way. It's way less effort to get great sounding drums and standalone Groovebox type stuff. Killer effects, stereo samples, well thought out and very hands on. Far more than a drum machine like most people think it is. Sadly I've not had much time to do a video review yet,

• edited March 2019

@Tarekith said:
    I bought the MKII to use for Live sets, both just for drums and possibly standalone. There's some really nice performance features with things like being able to save 16 different snapshots over your current kit and the fills function. But the analog drum sounds themselves didn't impress me, and there were a lot less of them then I expected. Only mono samples too, and very limited effects. Then it started freezing on me from over heating, so I returned it. I really can't recommend it, but you can check out my video reviews on YouTube for the details.

The TR8s I have now is vastly better in almost every way. It's way less effort to get great sounding drums and standalone Groovebox type stuff. Killer effects, stereo samples, well thought out and very hands on. Far more than a drum machine like most people think it is. Sadly I've not had much time to do a video review yet,

OT: I found Stroke Machine on the iPad to be a quite powerful drum synth, very similar synthesis architecture as the Analog Rytm, and a deep and powerful modulation system.
    You can even disable OSC or sample pitch follow and use MIDI notes as a modulation source for other, more drum-related stuff.
    And it has FM and RM.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Another thing that makes the AR 10x more useful/powerful is the FaderFox MX12. It's a game changer in terms of real-time interaction with the AR.

You obviously have the faders, but you also have 2x buttons and 2x pots. I have my buttons set up as mutes and solos, I have one pot per track set to send aftertouch level, which can be a mod source, so you can get REALLY controlled morphs per voice. And then the other 12 pots I have set up to send the perf midi CC which is WAY more useful than just pad pressure in perf mode.

With the MX12 there's almost no limit to how you can sculpt sounds in real-time at a macro level.

• @Tarekith said:
    I bought the MKII to use for Live sets, both just for drums and possibly standalone. There's some really nice performance features with things like being able to save 16 different snapshots over your current kit and the fills function. But the analog drum sounds themselves didn't impress me, and there were a lot less of them then I expected. Only mono samples too, and very limited effects. Then it started freezing on me from over heating, so I returned it. I really can't recommend it, but you can check out my video reviews on YouTube for the details.

hey T how does the chromatic mode work on the tr8s, when using it with samples, like on the elektron boxes you just put the track into chromatic mode and play the sample.... is it just like that or some other method, and is it possible to hook up a midi controller like a reface etc... and play the samples chromatically that way?

• edited March 2019

There is no chromatic mode, so you can't really "play" samples like that. You basically just parameter lock the Tune control per note to set your pitch. I'm pretty sure you can't use a MIDI keyboard to do it either.

• @Tarekith said:

Thats what I hear!

I did of course watch vids....

• @Tarekith said:
    There is no chromatic mode, so you can't really "play" samples like that. You basically just parameter lock the Tune control per note to set your pitch. I'm pretty sure you can't use a MIDI keyboard to do it either.

You throw in the towel on the Make Noise box yet?

You talked me out of that with your lack of "excitement" for what you have done with it up till the point of the vid?

How is that treating you?

I am thinking about semi mod but Nuetron looks like lots of fun for cheaper price.

I also like the Pitts Mod Lifeform and Microvolt.

But still researching and thinking it over.

• I sold the 0-Coast a year or so ago actually. I think that's one area where something like Ripplemaker is more useful to me. I hated not being able to save a patch that took me a long time to make :)

• @Tarekith said:

bummer man, :(

• @Tarekith said:

There is a chromatic mode. Well there is on the MK1. Heard many people have issues with the MK2.

I love the AR, honestly couldn’t live without it. Paired with collider iOS app it’s unbelievable.

OB2 makes it work great with ableton, so multitracking I to daw is a breeze.

Also heard good things about the TR-8s

• edited March 2019

Tarekith is saying the TR-8s doesn't have a chromatic mode in the same vein as the others. I don't think it can go off grid either but I might be mistaken, gotta double check that. I wonder if it gets regular updates as those two omissions make no sense in an otherwise almost perfect looking machine.