Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VIDEO: VirSyn ReSlice Arp in Action

A few people have asked about ReSlice recently in different threads. I enjoy it a lot and have found that I mostly use it differently than I imagined I would before I got it. I thought I would be using it as a typical slicer. There are a lot of those out there. The arpeggiator feature (four arps with independent time scale) is the feature that by itself makes it worthwhile for me. Here is a Djembe jam that may give some fence sitters some help on deciding which side to be on:

Comments

• Very nice!
    It's a 4 playhead polyrhythmic arp? in the vein of PolyPhase or Fugue Machine? Pretty unique, wish Virsyn would make an AU Midi FX out of it.
    I've been trying to fake it using BM3's slicer along with Rozeta Rhythm with odd step lengths, mutation, and transpose. Not the same but sort of close.
    Those djembes in your video sound great.

• Very cool video. I do think ReSlice is oft-forgotten because of all the stuff it "doesn't do" but it actually does a lot for the right use case--as you nicely displayed!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Very cool video. I do think ReSlice is oft-forgotten because of all the stuff it "doesn't do" but it actually does a lot for the right use case--as you nicely displayed!

Tx! Yeah. I initially didn't understand about the arpeggiator and was disappointed until someone else directed me to the cool discoveries awaiting when using the arpeggiator for re-groovification.

• @ocelot said:
    Very nice!
    It's a 4 playhead polyrhythmic arp? in the vein of PolyPhase or Fugue Machine? Pretty unique, wish Virsyn would make an AU Midi FX out of it.

Yup, re the arpeggiator. Similar to Fugue Machine.

I've been trying to fake it using BM3's slicer along with Rozeta Rhythm with odd step lengths, mutation, and transpose. Not the same but sort of close.
    Those djembes in your video sound great.

Thanks. Found it (30 years ago) in an African bazaar that mostly sold crafts and weaving in DC. A friend and I spent the next morning recording it -- and snipping out the few measures that worked. I only recently re-discovered the recordings.

• Nice find! Seems like polyrhythmic arps are vital for 'realistic playing' of samples from those types of percussive instruments.

• edited March 2019

Nice video! I like ReSlice too.
    Slices parameters, like pitch and pan for instance, can be changed on the fly while the arp is playing.