Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Deepmind12D users? Problems connecting an iPad via Wifi

edited March 2019 in Other

Does anybody have an up to date reference on how to connect an iPad to the DM12D using Wifi. I've found many guides for example this one Access to this page has been denied.

However it seems the DM12 iOS app has changed since these guides was written but I can't find an up-to-date guide that reflects the new version of the app. In particular when I click on the Setting button in the app it looks nothing at all like in the screenshots (there is a Connections, Routing and Misc tabs) but nowhere to be seen is a Wifi Server button which all the guides tell you about.
In the Connections section of the app there is the Synth IP Address displayed which defaults to 192.168.12.1, I've tried editing this to match my DM12D, but it just immediately reverts back to 192.168.12.1 every time. Next to it is a Wifi MIDI button and a Resync button but as I can even enter the IP address of my DM12 these obviously do nothing.

Comments

• Besides this how is it?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Besides this how is it?

Only just received it and don't have a midi keyboard yet so can't try it out ;-(

• @mungbeans said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Besides this how is it?

Only just received it and don't have a midi keyboard yet so can't try it out ;-(

Oh you got the desktop

Keep me posted

• @RUST( i )K said:

@mungbeans said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Besides this how is it?

Oh you got the desktop

Keep me posted

Sure, give me a nudge via private message if I forget to update my findings here. Are you interested in possibly getting one?

(I've also got a Virus TI desktop and Blofeld )

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Besides this how is it?

I've played around with it for a few hours and think its great.
    Once I got Wifi working its very convenient to be able to connect it to an iPad without cables, I was using Nave's keyboard to play it which worked out well. Once the Wifi connection was established its responsive and reliable.
    Initial impressions are its great for:

• just picking a preset and noodling around mutating it and pushing it in all directions
    • ambient type stuff, which is what I'm in to so that's great
    • there's a category of presets called modular and it looks like its also going to be great for avant garde, out-there, west cost style crazy modular experiments.
    • the effects section looks like so deep you can just get lost in that for hours at a time

Its got very diverse palate of sounds. The main criticism people have about it is its limited oscillator wave forms. On my Virus TI I have literally hundreds to choose from, but the DM12 has just tiny handful, just I didn't so far find this a limitation, more is always better of course, but you just find other ways to sculpt the sound rather than changing waveforms/types.

Early days, but I think I prefer it to my Virus TI