Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New free synth:apolyvoks

2»

Comments

• @ElectroHead said:
    Rarer than the Polyvox but equally wonderful - the Aelita!

Everything is Aelita in this ace track!

and the beautiful Alisa 1377

Very jealous if you own all of those. Fascinated by the Soviet synths.

• @oat_phipps said:

@ElectroHead said:
    Rarer than the Polyvox but equally wonderful - the Aelita!

Everything is Aelita in this ace track!

and the beautiful Alisa 1377

Very jealous if you own all of those. Fascinated by the Soviet synths.

+1! Awesome!

• edited October 2019

see below

• @ElectroHead said:

Very jealous if you own all of those. Fascinated by the Soviet

I have only the Faemi 1. But it's the only "string machine" - go organ I know of with a resonant filter!

Aelita, Alisa, Ritm 2 are worth a bodily organ, but only if you know a very savvy technician who can keep them alive. Polyvox, being the famous one, has contemporary incarnations, which if I had the funds, I'd get instead of the original without hesitation:

From the original creator, Vladimir Kuzmin:

I prefer this one though! - I don't know if the creator(s) of this one were involved with the original team. It has the original logo, but it's probably not patented because its from a state enterprise - (property rights wren't relevant in the Soviet Union because, essentially, everything belonged to the state)

One quality analog mono is better than three mediocre ones ;-) One you love the sound of could well be the only HW synth you'll ever need.

• Any news about this apolyvoks app? Another video from RetroSound playing the original:

• Hi all!

Thanks for the interest in the app! A new update with the ability to assign each control to desirable CC is already in the store. Please check it out.
    I am sorry if I cant do every feature I should as soon as needed :)

The next planned steps are AUv3 and AB full support.

Thx ;)

• @ashekochikhin said:
    Hi all!

Thanks for the interest in the app! A new update with the ability to assign each control to desirable CC is already in the store. Please check it out.

Sweeeeeeeet. Thank you!

That would be amazing. Good luck! This synth sounds wonderful. PM me if/when you need a testflighter. :+1:

• @ashekochikhin said:
    Hi all!

I am sorry if I cant do every feature I should as soon as needed :)

Thx ;)

AUv3 = yes! 😎

• edited February 2020

@ashekochikhin: thanks for this, I can see this being an interesting noise generator for my dark ambient noodling, and I’m reassured to hear that you have AU and AB in your sights, because, honestly, until then there’s not too much I can do with it. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Do great things! :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    @ashekochikhin: thanks for this, I can see this being an interesting noise generator for my dark ambient noodling, and I’m reassured to hear that you have AU and AB in your sights, because, honestly, until then there’s not too much I can do with it. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Do great things! :)

+1! Best of luck on your continued updates! Thank You!

• Addendum: I have managed to grab some audio from the app using a fairly laborious method - screen record a live knob twiddle, then open the resultant video in the great free app AudioStretch Lite, and cut an aac audio clip to taste inside there. Then export the clip as a wav from AudioStretch Lite to AudioShare, and from there, open it as a File Player loop in AUM. Fine if you are a sample torturing sort of person, which fortunately I am, but not too immediate. AU would definitely be easier...

• @Svetlovska said:
    Addendum: I have managed to grab some audio from the app using a fairly laborious method - screen record a live knob twiddle, then open the resultant video in the great free app AudioStretch Lite, and cut an aac audio clip to taste inside there. Then export the clip as a wav from AudioStretch Lite to AudioShare, and from there, open it as a File Player loop in AUM. Fine if you are a sample torturing sort of person, which fortunately I am, but not too immediate. AU would definitely be easier...

Try copying the video directly to Audioshare then from the Tools menu, on the top right, convert to .wav file. Allows you to convert longer videos.

• @Samflash3 : Well, fancy that! Just tried it, and sure enough it worked. It never occurred to me that I could just open a video file in AudioShare directly, and do the conversion there. That’s saved some time. Doh! AudioShare is such a Swiss Army knife of goodness, isn’t it? Thanks for the tip.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Samflash3 : Well, fancy that! Just tried it, and sure enough it worked. It never occurred to me that I could just open a video file in AudioShare directly, and do the conversion there. That’s saved some time. Doh! AudioShare is such a Swiss Army knife of goodness, isn’t it? Thanks for the tip.

No worries. And yeah, Audioshare is amazing.

• edited February 2020

Can this synth be midi sequenced?

• Any news or updates @ashekochikhin?

• I hope so, it’s a pretty nice synth but definitely needs some connectivity.

• edited October 2020

Another video from RetroSound!

• And another one....

• Even Clemens Wenners