Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sending CC from iPhone movement to Mac. how...?

what I want is to record live CC lanes for plugins in Reaper
with the movement of my iPhone
(ofcourse, with some smoothing because there will be jitter...)

do you know how I can do this?!
is there an app that sends phone sensor movements to mac somehow
so I can receive and assign them in reaper as CC in an easy way?!?!

thanks!

Comments

• There are multiple routes, the easiest of which is to use IDAM (a protocol Apple added in recent years for direct communication between iOS and OS X via the lighting cable. You enable IDAM via the Audio MIDI settings application on OS X.

It's really simple to setup, but I do advise doing a little research of the docs before diving in.

You can of course use a hardware MIDI interface, and Studiomux (or ModStep, both by the same developer - ModStep is currently half price so you get both a great MIDI host/clip launcher and wired audio/MIDI communication for the same price as Studiomux alone). These set your IOS device up as an 18/2 audio device with associated MIDI channels. I'll often use this approach for MIDI alone as it's a little more 'plugin & play' once you've done the initial setup.

It's also worth noting that IDAM isn't available on Windows hardware.

• jon:
    huh... I hoped that there is an app that sends all 3 axes moves as midi CC.
    otherwise- it's easier to do this with Osculator and Wii Mote...

• Lemur and TouchOSC can both send accelerator data via OSC.

Even the free "Control (OSC+MIDI)" can do it:
    https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/control-osc-midi/id413224747

• rs2000, Jon
    thanks!
    i'll try today!

• As a curve-ball pick. I'd look at a combination of apeMatrix and KB-1 too.

These obviously do far more than converting accelerometer to MIDI CC, but in combination, they offer so much more control.

But whatever you choose, try and avoid wireless MIDI and that's going to cause more smoothing issues than anything else.

• ^ TC-orbiter works very well.

If you don’t want the lightning cable getting in the way you can also send MIDI over the wi-fi network to MacOS.

• thanks!
    Orbiter it is;)

• @waka_x said:
    what I want is to record live CC lanes for plugins in Reaper
    with the movement of my iPhone
    (ofcourse, with some smoothing because there will be jitter...)

do you know how I can do this?!
    is there an app that sends phone sensor movements to mac somehow
    so I can receive and assign them in reaper as CC in an easy way?!?!

thanks!

Thumbjam

I think MidiDesigner Pro can do it also