Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Short question about monitors ( Mackie vs Presonus)

Hi,
so I have an opportunity to buy used Mackie CR4 or used Presonus Eris 3.5 at a low price. Price of both is almost the same, so I really can't decide which one should I get. They'll be used mostly for mixing. Help?

Comments

• edited March 2019

They are probably killer computer speakers, but I would be afraid you would run into problems getting your mixes to translate to other people's stereos, being so small. I would wait until you can get something larger. If there's one piece of equipment to splurge on, in a studio, it is monitors. I'd be more confident mixing in mono, on one normal size monitor, and using headphones for the stereophonic decisions, then relying on little monitors to tell the whole truth.

• I actually have those Presonus ones as ‘decent home stereo’ reference monitors. Always find it is best to check near final masters and mixes on a few systems ranging from great to horrible. They are not as full and flat as the 5 inch or whatever Mackies I have, but seem consistent with lol your typical $1000 home entertainment center setups I’ve compared with friends home systems, okay a little flatter.