Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation: Why I love them?

Because they stand behind their products. Big time.

I have ran into an issue here or there with some Novation hardware over the years and every time Novation stands by their product, troubleshoots, and fixes or replaces when the problem is identified.

I may not always adore the software side of Novation but as a whole I can say I have dealt with no better company in my life.

Right up there with Nordstrom for customer service.

Wanted to share.

Thanks Novation!

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:

I have ran into an issue here or there with some Novation hardware over the years and every time Novation stands by their product, troubleshoots, and fixes or replaces when the problem is identified.

I may not always adore the software side of Novation but as a whole I can say I have dealt with no better company in my life.

> Right up there with Nordstrom for customer service.

>

Wanted to share.

Thanks Novation!

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

• Agreed. Shame that The apps are not quite so well supported although I love blocs wave and launchpad is fun

• many moons ago i picked up a used Novation xio 25... tinkered with it a bit then tried to sell it on... itd been stuck in the attic for a few years until the other week when i decided to give it a blast. what a cracking little synth! so glad i never moved it on B)

• I want to second this. They are not a big company, and they’ve managed to maintain good work even after being swallowed by FocusRite.

I admire them most because they are one of the few legitimately innovative music hardware designers... No fucking way the MonoStation would have come from one of the committee driven quagmires like Roland or Yamaha. For the price, the MonoStation is the best bang for the buck synth you can buy, hands down, I’ll fight you if you disagree! 🙂

I was really hoping for something like a love child between the MonoStation and Peak at NAMM though!

• They have always done right by me. When my Supernova II developed a problem, they sent me the parts for free! This was for a used model, way after the fact. When I bought a Launchpad Pro used that came without the Midi adapter, they sent me a one for free. From a England! I have two Launch Control XL's that have problems, and they gave me a very reasonable replacement offer, that I am going to take advantage of. Love that company!

• edited March 2019

Novation‘s Customer Service is absolutely ‘Best in Class’.

On the few occasions I’ve had to return/replace hardware they’ve organised a delivery/handoff of the new and old units so I’m not left without a synth for any number of days.

Their LiveChat is also super quick and helpful. I’ve had nothing but awesome experiences with them.

I’ve contacted them often in the past with midi/sysex questions about their gear and they’ll always try to find somebody with the answers and get back to me.

Can’t praise them highly enough.

I’d also like to add that I have noticed a really marked improvement with Ampify’s customer service too. I had a chat with Matt Derbyshire last month and this was an area he was keen to improve on. Certainly looks like Ampify are good on their word and I have good vibes that we’ll see some of our requested features for the Ampify stable of apps.

• Interesting. I've had the exact opposite experience in Germany that was so annoying and time-consuming that I swore to myself to never buy a Novation/Focusrite product again.
    First was an iTrack Dock that frequently lost connection to a plugged-in iPad, naturally stopping audio i/o and breaking recording/playback. The unit was sent to official repair and back twice (!), I just got the response that everything was fine with the unit (while my three iDevices with lightning connector all showed the same behaviour). When I sent the unit in for the second time, I even talked to guys from the repair center to make sure they really test it, but I don't know what they did. It was definitely lying around for a total of more than two months in their repair center. Then I contacted Focusrite USA and the German distributor simultaneously and after a total time of about three months I had a working unit. And yes, the iTrack Dock is great when it works, as long as it works.
    Things seem to work much better in the US and in the UK apparently.
    On the plus side, I wouldn't have stumbled over the Zoom UAC-8 for the iPad, which is a great interface for multichannel recording.

• Hi guys,
    I just wanted to jump in and thank you for your kind words and support. It's great to see! 🙏🙌

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧

• @JohNovation said:
    Hi guys,
    I just wanted to jump in and thank you for your kind words and support. It's great to see! 🙏🙌

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧

Welcome :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohNovation said:
    Hi guys,

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧

Welcome :)

Yeah, hi johN. Welcome to the forum! ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

> Right up there with Nordstrom for customer service.

>

Wanted to share.

Thanks Novation!

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

No...lol

You a Nordstrom shopper as well?

• @JohNovation said:
    Hi guys,

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧

Awesome !

Thanks John!

Love all your very helpful vids!

• edited March 2019

Hey @JohNovation - Agree about the videos. You are quite the celeb!

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:
    Hi guys,

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧

Awesome !

Thanks John!

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Hey @JohNovation - Agree about the videos. You are quite the celeb!

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:
    Hi guys,

John // Novation UK 🇬🇧

Awesome !

Thanks John!

Yeah, much better than them Clac and HenryKay blokes !
    :D :D Only jesting, I've learned, and passed on, a lot of knowledge about circuit from all Your, Calc's and Enrique's vids. :)

• Thanks guys! I've only ever stepped in to assist when the A-team (Clac and HenryKay) aren't available! Glad you found them useful. 🙌😂

• @JohNovation said:
    Thanks guys! I've only ever stepped in to assist when the A-team (Clac and HenryKay) aren't available! Glad you found them useful. 🙌😂

Age before beauty .....

waitwut............sorry Clac

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:
    Thanks guys! I've only ever stepped in to assist when the A-team (Clac and HenryKay) aren't available! Glad you found them useful. 🙌😂

Age before beauty .....

I obviously meant, CALC and Enrique! I do like AndyPlankton's take on their names tho! 😊

• edited March 2019

@JohNovation said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:

Age before beauty .....

I obviously meant, CALC and Enrique! I do like AndyPlankton's take on their names tho! 😊

I'm also available for other naming jobs too, I count synths as currency if you need my services.

Novation Perk for when you have been a good person and need a treat.
    Novation Lynchpad for making music for the social media masses to cynically tear apart.
    Novation Circult - This will have cult status one day ;)
    And lastly Mimimova....this is actually me saying Mininova but with no teeth :D :D :D

• @JohNovation said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:

Age before beauty .....

I think we all knew what Andy meant....LOL

One in every crowd is that Andy.....

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohNovation said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:

Age before beauty .....

I'm also available for other naming jobs too, I count synths as currency if you need my services.

Novation Perk for when you have been a good person and need a treat.
    Novation Lynchpad for making music for the social media masses to cynically tear apart.
    Novation Circult - This will have cult status one day ;)
    And lastly Mimimova....this is actually me saying Mininova but with no teeth :D :D :D

😅😂👏

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohNovation said:

Age before beauty .....

I think we all knew what Andy meant....LOL

One in every crowd is that Andy.....

Guilty as charged :)

• I recently bought a secondhand Novation Sex-Station...