Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Imac Retina and VST

Bought a new imac with retina display and was unaware how many vst’s don’t support it.
The biggest dissapointment is Reason, its a blurry mess.
Yes, Im aware of the low resolution adjustment, which to me is a disgrace to have to use. It allows for a benefit in one sense but a loss in another.
Its like buying a new tv yet the cable company only supplies black and white.
Whose to blame is beyond my scope, I just want others to beware before being let down.
IOS is looking better and better.....

Comments

• @hibjshop said:
    Bought a new imac with retina display and was unaware how many vst’s don’t support it.
    The biggest dissapointment is Reason, its a blurry mess.
    Yes, Im aware of the low resolution adjustment, which to me is a disgrace to have to use. It allows for a benefit in one sense but a loss in another.
    Its like buying a new tv yet the cable company only supplies black and white.
    Whose to blame is beyond my scope, I just want others to beware before being let down.
    IOS is looking better and better.....

Didn’t know that, was thinking of getting an iMac this year for work, but planning to use it for music stuff too.

• A lot of plugins can't even be scaled, or scaled enough so that you can read/use them comfortably. I don't know what a "retina display" really means in reality vs marketing terms, but I assume it means high resolution.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    A lot of plugins can't even be scaled, or scaled enough so that you can read/use them comfortably. I don't know what a "retina display" really means in reality vs marketing terms, but I assume it means high resolution.

Yes thats another shame, looking at a vst window with all this wasted real estate around it.

• Retina means high pixel density, something in the '300 per inch' range, while traditional screens are about 100 per inch (iirc).
    The display looks like illuminated print or huge color slides (anyone remembers Cibachrome ?).
    The fault is by those developers who ignored pixel density as a parameter for graphic scaling.