Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk- some of my own samples imported automatically as loop sample/loop icon. Why? Thats weird

This is strange. In the browser the icon is a wave icon not loop icon but I import to pad and it becomes a loop icon and seems to detect lots of transients automatically which are impossible to edit in the small sample edit window. Iam almost giving up . Tried to make beats with the HAWK a few times but this auto loop stuff is a put off and seems no way to change to a regular sample.
The strange this is some of my drum loops which have transients import as regular samples.
Also I attempted to create a new project and set sample rates to 11050 to get some lofi then cooy/paste sample to different pads. That worked but then I try trim Start/End points and the samples sound is zero . No sound. Not putting the app down in any way but it needs some sorting. Question - it seems the Swing cannot be adjusted in real time is this true?
Any tips appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• I think BeatHawk detect acid-wav files as ‘loops’..

• @stormbeats said:
    This is strange. In the browser the icon is a wave icon not loop icon but I import to pad and it becomes a loop icon and seems to detect lots of transients automatically which are impossible to edit in the small sample edit window. Iam almost giving up . Tried to make beats with the HAWK a few times but this auto loop stuff is a put off and seems no way to change to a regular sample.
    The strange this is some of my drum loops which have transients import as regular samples.
    Also I attempted to create a new project and set sample rates to 11050 to get some lofi then cooy/paste sample to different pads. That worked but then I try trim Start/End points and the samples sound is zero . No sound. Not putting the app down in any way but it needs some sorting. Question - it seems the Swing cannot be adjusted in real time is this true?

BeatHawk only does that if the file has embedded meta info for loop points, etc.

How were those files created?

I've been looking for info about how to prep audio files for BH so that it recognizes them as looped/sliced. I know that one can do it in BM3 (which I don't have).

• edited March 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

BeatHawk only does that if the file has embedded meta info for loop points, etc.

I've been looking for info about how to prep audio files for BH so that it recognizes them as looped/sliced. I know that one can do it in BM3 (which I don't have).

@espiegel123 thanks for reply. The samples are my own samples not any Beathawk packs etc. Just regular wavefiles. They need to add an option of maybe clicking that weird loop icon and changing it to what the “user” wishes, Auto stuff is a put off for me especially with a small sample editor I can hardly see . I will email support with a few suggestions,

• Has anyone got the UVI support email?

• @stormbeats said:

@espiegel123 said:

@stormbeats said:

@espiegel123 thanks for reply. The samples are my own samples not any Beathawk packs etc. Just regular wavefiles. They need to add an option of maybe clicking that weird loop icon and changing it to what the “user” wishes, Auto stuff is a put off for me especially with a small sample editor I can hardly see . I will email support with a few suggestions,

What audio editor were they created with? If you open the files in the app that created them , are there markers and embedded tempo info? Also what format are they?

• @stormbeats : you can turn off the slice mapping for the pad. When you edit the pad, there is a keyboard icon that appears under the sample display. Turn it off and it ignores the slicing.

• @stormbeats said:
    Has anyone got the UVI support email?

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

• edited March 2019

@espiegel123 @Rodolfo cheers guys
    @espiegel123 I think I tried this but then there is no option to do regular start/end sample editing. Will re check

• @stormbeats : I would love to know about the app you used and metadata as I would like to create sliced loops for BH

• @espiegel123 said:
    @stormbeats : I would love to know about the app you used and metadata as I would like to create sliced loops for BH

@espiegel123 just a regular 16bit wav at 44.1. I dont think you will like it at all as the sample was auto split into a biliion very very tiny small slices enough to feed the pigeons for years to come Haha :-)

• @stormbeats said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @stormbeats : I would love to know about the app you used and metadata as I would like to create sliced loops for BH

@espiegel123 just a regular 16bit wav at 44.1. I dont think you will like it at all as the sample was auto split into a biliion very very tiny small slices enough to feed the pigeons for years to come Haha :-)

While you say that they are just plain wav files, I think your audio editor is embedding metadata as I import 16 bit 44.1 kHz wavs all the time and none are seen as loops. Check your audio app's prefs related to metadata.

Can you tell me what app you use?

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@stormbeats If it contained slices then those had to have been put there by something. “Just a regular wav” is not going to behave like that. Whatever app saved that file put them in there. If you created the file then it would be interesting to know what you created it in.

On iOS, BM3 is the only app I know of that saves in a way that BeatHawk recognizes as looped. If there’s another app out there that does that, it would be nice to know.

• edited March 2019

@wim said:
    @stormbeats If it contained slices then those had to have been put there by something. “Just a regular wav” is not going to behave like that. Whatever app saved that file put them in there. If you created the file then it would be interesting to know what you created it in.

On iOS, BM3 is the only app I know of that saves in a way that BeatHawk recognizes as looped. If there’s another app out there that does that, it would be nice to know.

@wim said:

@espiegel123 @wim your actually correct I remember it was a sample i chopped in iMPC PRO2 then exported to Audiocopy as a whole loop. is there a way of getting Beathawk to ignore this Metadata?

• edited March 2019

@espiegel123 will try import some of my other samples not via Audiocopy . I hope BH gets files app and Open In via Audioshare. Does BH have AudioShare import ?I cannot see it anywhere in BH

• @stormbeats said:
    @espiegel123 will try import some of my other samples not via Audiocopy . I hope BH gets files app and Open In via Audioshare. Does BH have AudioShare import ?I cannot see it anywhere in BH

Re your wav files: you may need to open them in an audio editor and save as to get rid of the metadata. Given how specialized that metadata is, it makes sense to me that BH would assume that the file is intended to be an loop -- it is probably pretty rare to encounter files with that info that aren't meant to be used as sliced loops.

You can import into BH using the Files/iCloud browser by going to your User Library and double-tapping any folder in your user library. That brings up a popup menu whose top command is iCloud - Import File.It isn't limited to iCloud. You can access any file visible in the Files app.

• That’s strange. I was just recently researching on how to get loops into BeatHawk, tried importing many various loops and found out that:

• “Acidized” (or Acid) wavs didn’t work. Maybe they were exported wrongly, but they were from original soundpacks from well-known vendors, I doubt they would mark some files as acidized wavs and provide normal ones
    • Apple loops (aiff) were recognized as loops, same as you are mentioning: there were slice markers and the loop was time-streched according to tempo
    • Only app that I was able to use to create Apple loops from my sounds was Beatmaker3

Interesting that you had wav files recognized as loops, but maybe there’s another format that adds metadata to WAV files that can be read bz Beathawk. Anyone has more info?

• @skrat said:
    That’s strange. I was just recently researching on how to get loops into BeatHawk, tried importing many various loops and found out that:

• “Acidized” (or Acid) wavs didn’t work. Maybe they were exported wrongly, but they were from original soundpacks from well-known vendors, I doubt they would mark some files as acidized wavs and provide normal ones
    • Apple loops (aiff) were recognized as loops, same as you are mentioning: there were slice markers and the loop was time-streched according to tempo
    • Only app that I was able to use to create Apple loops from my sounds was Beatmaker3

Interesting that you had wav files recognized as loops, but maybe there’s another format that adds metadata to WAV files that can be read bz Beathawk. Anyone has more info?

OP was using iMPC Pro to create the files.

• @espiegel123 cheers for the info . It is all a bit weird this BHawk stuff. Thanks though for info

• edited March 2019

@espiegel123 i have exported sliced samples and exported as a whole loop from iMPC PRO1/2 into other apps and they appear as a loop but not auto chopped only Bhawk. They really should look into it, the same loop I also imported to bm3 and Grooverider gr16 with no issues.

• If it hasn't already been mentioned, Beatmaker 2 will make loops for BH, too, on iPhones as well as iPads, and at a much friendlier price if BM3 is not already owned.

• @aaronpc said:
    If it hasn't already been mentioned, Beatmaker 2 will make loops for BH, too, on iPhones as well as iPads, and at a much friendlier price if BM3 is not already owned.

Tx for the tip. I've been under the impression that BM3 has additional slicing tools not found in BM2. What's your opinion of their relative value. If I got BM3, it would mostly be for slicing and dicing rather than for use as a DAW.

• @espiegel123 I would say that BM3 may have additional tools for using your slices, if you stay within BM3, but if you're exporting out, then there may not be that much of a difference. That said, I just saw that BM2 is going for $12.99 to BM3's $24.99 (I thought BM2 had dropped to only a few bucks). At that price, I'd probably just go for BM3 unless your in a rush for a phone version.

• @aaronpc said:
    @espiegel123 I would say that BM3 may have additional tools for using your slices, if you stay within BM3, but if you're exporting out, then there may not be that much of a difference. That said, I just saw that BM2 is going for $12.99 to BM3's $24.99 (I thought BM2 had dropped to only a few bucks). At that price, I'd probably just go for BM3 unless your in a rush for a phone version.

Tx

• @aaronpc said:
    If it hasn't already been mentioned, Beatmaker 2 will make loops for BH, too, on iPhones as well as iPads, and at a much friendlier price if BM3 is not already owned.

Any chance you could export a drum or pad loop from BeatMaker 2 as an Apple Loop to see if it works correctly in BeatHawk and GarageBand? I am having some problems with loops exported from BeatMaker 3 (which I otherwise love)