Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Layr’s arppegiator sup with that?

Started this thread to hopefully have a place to collect tips for Layr synth. specifically the arpegiator.

Comments

• what does the index buttons do ?

• Maybe Andy at @LivingMemorySoftware can chip in...

• edited March 2019

mmmm, I wonder what it does? How on earth could I find out?

Page 34 in the manual? ...

or one could also find out more here

• @eross said:

Have you checked the manual? It is generally pretty thorough.

• @LivingMemorySoftware said:

Apologies, Andy, I assumed the OP had tried those resources. :/

• A good tip is to take an existing preset and solo instruments to hear what each track in the arp sequencer is doing. Most of the bigger presets are multi-channel and multi-instrument, by soloing or otherwise isolating individual components you can quickly identify what's what.

• @sch said:

@LivingMemorySoftware said:

Apologies, Andy, I assumed the OP had tried those resources. :/

Absolutely no need for apologies! Glad to help out here, but yes, if it seems like the manual hasn't been consulted, I'll generally mention that it's always a good idea to read manuals and watch videos, or otherwise try to help oneself before going directly for jugular!

• haha i skimmed through the manual,
    i must have scrolled right past it. :p thanks for the help

• Another tip for LayR which I think helps, is if you're seriously trying to get to know it, use the stand alone app and not the audio unit. It's just easier! :)

• edited March 2019

And another one... the MIDI volume mixer is very useful in conjunction with the Arp Sequencer.. it lets you pull up and down all the instruments on each MIDI channel without affecting the relative mix of each instrument...

mixer + arp...

aww yeah that’s really cool.

• @LivingMemorySoftware also another question that may be obvious. is there a quick way to duplicate an instrument? i know i can duplicate layers within an instrument. but can i duplicate the instrument too?

• @eross said:
    @LivingMemorySoftware also another question that may be obvious. is there a quick way to duplicate an instrument? i know i can duplicate layers within an instrument. but can i duplicate the instrument too?

1 - save the instrument preset, (optional if it's already a saved preset)
    2 - create a new instrument
    3 - load the preset into the new instrument.

You can also drag instruments into other instruments but that's an advanced feature that can get out of hand pretty quickly if you're not paying attention to what you're doing.

@eross said:
    @LivingMemorySoftware also another question that may be obvious. is there a quick way to duplicate an instrument? i know i can duplicate layers within an instrument. but can i duplicate the instrument too?

1 - save the instrument preset, (optional if it's already a saved preset)
    2 - create a new instrument
    3 - load the preset into the new instrument.

You can also drag instruments into other instruments but that's an advanced feature that can get out of hand pretty quickly if you're not paying attention to what you're doing.

that’s pretty interesting. how do you drag into i their instruments?

can get out of hand pretty quickly if you're not paying attention to what you're doing.

That needs to be the marketing tag line for your app! 🤪