Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro is NOT dead/abandonware!

Just emailed Corey at Wavemachine labs as to whether or not Auria has been abandoned or not since there hasn’t been a lot of activity over on their end. Got a same day response and the answer was

1) There’s a new update coming shortly , mostly bug fixes and such and

2) There will be an actual upcoming feature update in not to long after that . Cause for rejoicing if you ask me .

Comments

• They really need to fix some serious bugs and make the app more robust. It would be great to have new features, but reliability in such a complex app is top priority in my opinion.

• @Telstar5 sorry but I think your title is a little disingenuous/harsh.

• Who said it was dead?

• Abandoned?? Last update was 9th Jan this year. Forum is as active as ever too.

• My title reflects the sentiments of several comments on these pages that have suggested it. Just putting this out there, am I the only one who was thinking the app was not get upgraded as it should have been, I.e. the bugs mentioned here in an app that isn’t new by any means. I’m a huge fan of this app, the most powerful DAW we have . I only hope development is ongoing . Again I’m not unique in this concern.

• Once midi is sorted out i will be super happy. Will save me exportinf and importing everything from aum. Although i doubt it will ever be as intuitive as aum, setting up controllers etc, but something. On the bug end, my uses don’t hit any.

• Just curious, is anyone else having problem getting more than 2 Enso instances running in Auria Pro. When I add a third instance on my iPad 6th Gen, the CPU meter jumps from about 12% to over 100% when I choose Enso from the AU list -- at which point Auria Pro won't play back.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Just curious, is anyone else having problem getting more than 2 Enso instances running in Auria Pro. When I add a third instance on my iPad 6th Gen, the CPU meter jumps from about 12% to over 100% when I choose Enso from the AU list -- at which point Auria Pro won't play back.

Haven’t tried it in Auria, but had problems running two instances in AUM last night with Esoteric synth.

• @Telstar5 your post title was not at all harsh in anyway. Thanks for letting us know the devs plans :-)

• @stormbeats said:
    @Telstar5 your post title was not at all harsh in anyway. Thanks for letting us know the devs plans :-)

Thanks @stormbeats : My pleasure .. I didn’t think so either. At any rate I’m relieved to know the good news.

• Telstar5 is NOT a clickbait drama post peddler.

Which is good because we have enough drama around here!

• 👍👍

• @Telstar5 said:

@stormbeats said:
    @Telstar5 your post title was not at all harsh in anyway. Thanks for letting us know the devs plans :-)

Thanks @stormbeats : My pleasure .. I didn’t think so either. At any rate I’m relieved to know the good news.

@Telstar5 cool

• Alright so it’s now 2022 and Auria Pro is indeed abandoned. Sorry to all the people I recommended this app to. I no longer use the iPad for music and am very happy to be on my iMac actually getting things done. I shut down my YouTube channel a few years ago (2019) that promoted Auria as I predicted this would be the case. Good luck to everyone with your music adventures.

Anthony Alves
    Music Producer

• Let’s get another thread going about Auria Pro shall we… it doesn’t seem like 4 is enough

• @audiblevideo said:
    Let’s get another thread going about Auria Pro shall we… it doesn’t seem like 4 is enough

Are you the forum police? Don't like a thread, then don't look at it.

• To me @AIRstudio looks like a second account made for anonymous complaining

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Let’s get another thread going about Auria Pro shall we… it doesn’t seem like 4 is enough

Just a comment not a complaint 😊

• @audiblevideo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@audiblevideo said:

Just a comment not a complaint 😊

Fair. 🙂

• edited September 2022

Anthony Alves is definitely an actual dude, was an MTS enthusiast, then an Auria enthusiast, very active and helpful on the Auria forum. Could be right…

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Anthony Alves is definitely an actual dude, was an MTS enthusiast, then an Auria enthusiast, very active and helpful on the Auria forum. Could be right…

The OP from… er… March 2019?

• edited September 2022

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Littlewoodg said:

The OP from… er… March 2019?

had to revise this when i saw the date but you beat me to it….

see edit

i like your icon, only band that matters

• Regardless of the intent of the poster, @AIRstudio seems to have had a bad experience with Auria Pro. Would it be possible for Anthony to let us know what the main issues with Auria was? Also, what were the favorite features about Auria that you like to see? Chances are, there's another application/a few applications that do a lot of these things better.

I agree about the app not being updated in a while. It's always a big letdown whenever my favorite apps no longer receives updates/is discontinued (Thor, Reason Compact, Oval Synth were some of mine). I do think that there is still a ton of progress in the iOS ecosystem, but it may not be in the way one expects.

Let's chat @AIRstudio . Send me a message directly, or if you want to chat on this forum for others to contribute, but let's find a solution together.

• @seonnthaproducer said:
    Regardless of the intent of the poster, @AIRstudio seems to have had a bad experience with Auria Pro. Would it be possible for Anthony to let us know what the main issues with Auria was? Also, what were the favorite features about Auria that you like to see? Chances are, there's another application/a few applications that do a lot of these things better.

I agree about the app not being updated in a while. It's always a big letdown whenever my favorite apps no longer receives updates/is discontinued (Thor, Reason Compact, Oval Synth were some of mine). I do think that there is still a ton of progress in the iOS ecosystem, but it may not be in the way one expects.

Let's chat @AIRstudio . Send me a message directly, or if you want to chat on this forum for others to contribute, but let's find a solution together.

Unfortunately, for a lot of audio mixing chores there isn't another iOS DAW that has some pretty critical (for some) features -- particularly (but not limited to) the flexible bus architecture and high-quality WARPing. Tempo and time changes (though the tempo/time change implementation is really geared towards audio rather than MIDI projects).

• @AIRstudio said:
    Alright so it’s now 2022 and Auria Pro is indeed abandoned. Sorry to all the people I recommended this app to. I no longer use the iPad for music and am very happy to be on my iMac actually getting things done. I shut down my YouTube channel a few years ago (2019) that promoted Auria as I predicted this would be the case. Good luck to everyone with your music adventures.

Anthony Alves
    Music Producer

From what I recall Anthony was the most knowledgeable person on the Auria forum and answered most of the questions.
    So I can see why it more personal for him since he was so involved with the forum back in the day.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

It seems kind of strange to return to a forum you joined seven years ago and visited less than 10 times to visit more than one thread ... just to complain about apps?

There must have been some kind of trigger. @AIRstudio - if you don't mind me asking - I'm really curious what prompted you to go to this trouble.

• I spent too much $ on all the fab filters on there

• edited September 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Regardless of the intent of the poster, @AIRstudio seems to have had a bad experience with Auria Pro. Would it be possible for Anthony to let us know what the main issues with Auria was? Also, what were the favorite features about Auria that you like to see? Chances are, there's another application/a few applications that do a lot of these things better.

Unfortunately, for a lot of audio mixing chores there isn't another iOS DAW that has some pretty critical (for some) features -- particularly (but not limited to) the flexible bus architecture and high-quality WARPing. Tempo and time changes (though the tempo/time change implementation is really geared towards audio rather than MIDI projects).

Okay, I get the tempo warping. I tend to export the audio from one project, make a second project at the other tempo, then use some automation to transition between both projects.

But idk...I don't think the Beatles ever said "Damn, Paul can't transition between 100 BPM and 125BPM. Let's not make that song..."

Okay, slight jest aside...what desktop DAW does the tempo warping? I want to see how it works in real time.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

Okay, I get the tempo warping. I tend to export the audio from one project, make a second project at the other tempo, then use some automation to transition between both projects.

But idk...I don't think the Beatles ever said "Damn, Paul can't transition between 100 BPM and 125BPM. Let's not make that song..."

Okay, slight jest aside...what desktop DAW does the tempo warping? I want to see how it works in real time.

I would guess that all of the major desktop DAWs have some form of warping. I know of it from Ableton live.

Don't overlook the importance of the bussing architecture. For those that make use of it, there isn't an iOS DAW that has the flexibility that Auria Pro does. It is one of the reasons why a lot of people on iOS still use Auria despite its being in maintenance mode. I imagine that people that mostly do EDM and remixes of songs that don't change tempo, don't appreciate the usefulness of the DAW supporting tempo/time changes.

It is a shame that the dev isn't more engaged -- and I think it is mistaken to assume that there is another iOS DAW that has its features.

• @espiegel123 said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

I would guess that all of the major desktop DAWs have some form of warping. I know of it from Ableton live.

Don't overlook the importance of the bussing architecture. For those that make use of it, there isn't an iOS DAW that has the flexibility that Auria Pro does. It is one of the reasons why a lot of people on iOS still use Auria despite its being in maintenance mode. I imagine that people that mostly do EDM and remixes of songs that don't change tempo, don't appreciate the usefulness of the DAW supporting tempo/time changes.

It is a shame that the dev isn't more engaged -- and I think it is mistaken to assume that there is another iOS DAW that has its features.

Fully agree with @espiegel123, Auria has/had features not found elsewhere. It’s a shame if all this is lost, Auria was way ahead and things like flexible bussing are important for some serious mixing. Same goes for Warping, audio in-place editing, etc. I think the UI was not right for the iPad touch interface. Sort of a mistery why the most advanced daw has slowly faded, surely related to financial reasons.