DrumPerfect Pro 3 is live on the Appstore. What’s new?
After more than one year of hard work Marinus and I are thrilled to announce that DrumPerfect Pro 3 is now available as a free update in the Appstore.
But before going into details let’s have a look at what this version 3 means for you, dedicated as well as future users.
DrumPerfect Pro had a baby this year: a lovely AUv3 player. We tested 3 instances in AUM; simple, smooth and incredibly powerful.
Live performances with set list won’t be more easy.
Multi velocity: up to 10 sample groups per instrument, up to 8 velocities. Crossfaded or not, at your choice.
Layers: 7 layers per pattern ( at the stroke level ). Namely: 2 notes tracks, 2 sustain layers, 2 pitch layers, 1 in-pattern tempo variation.
Multi dynamics: JAM! Dynamics let you not only play the pattern at 3 different dynamic levels, but replace/mute instruments, substitute sample groups, and more.
Automation: tempo and dynamics automation in song mode.
New Midi import: easy now to import any of your midi files. A breeze.
Ok, let’s pause here and we will check the detailed list of “What’s New” after.
A pause to announce three important things:
DPP3 is offered at an introductory price for new users, during one week. After that its price will raise a bit from DPP2.
to celebrate this version 3 with so many new features, we offer to all users, a brand new General Midi pack with lots of patterns, instruments, etc... FREE!
quality brushes kits are rare on iOS, so we made ( a long awaited ) Brazilian Rhythms vol.2 with deliciously smooth brushes grooves. Bossa Nova, Sambas, Baião, and more.
Other packs are in the cooking pot.
Returning to “What’s New”. Here is the full list.
By the way, all kits, songs, patterns, settings from DPP2 are still perfectly compatible, even if they don’t use the new functionality mentioned above and below.
- brand new AUv3-compatible DPP song player with user presets list ( best for live performance )
- up to 10 sample groups per instrument, allowing up to 160 articulations per kit
- up to 8 velocity levels per sample group
Real time processing Layers:
- extended to 2 drum stroke layers in pattern
- 2 layers in pattern for real-time sustain control per sample group
- 2 layers in pattern for real-time pitch control per sample group
- 1 layer for in-pattern tempo variation
New editing functions:
- JAM! dynamics with 3 programmable levels, 20 rules ( each with its sample group matrix ) per level
- cross-instrument, cross-layer, multi-instrument and multi-layer drum stroke editing
- quick selection in pattern and grid view
- play looped selection in pattern and grid view
- user-defined humanise settings
- tempo and JAM! automation in Song mode
- seamless tempo control in Song mode
- support for Files app ( import/export patterns, songs, kits, etc... )
- longpress Save/Load to save to/load from external location
- improved midi-in clock sync
- simplified import of midi files
- start/stop added to Ableton Link 2
- latest Audiobus API
- all purpose General Midi pack in store ( free )
- brand new brushes pack Brazilian Rhythms Vol.2 in store
- redesigned and updated Quick Start manual.
- modified and redesigned Grid view commands
- append, merge, commands in pattern library to build new patterns by assembling elements.
- switch songs or midi files display in song library.
- “Complete” experimental function optimized ( previously “Render” )
- auto reordering of patterns in song patbank ( Pack song )
- kit volume boosted
- new adjustable Cpu Load Control
- many other improvements and bug fixes
We hope you will like this new version.