Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU instruments and DAW CPU differences

edited March 2019 in General App Discussion

Hello to you all.hope you are all doing well.
I got a quick question..
Does the consumption of CPU and memory of Au instruments vary Depending on the DAW ?
I’m on iPad Pro 10.5 and a heavy Cubasis User.I’ve been playing around with some apps recently.
The main au apps I love are LayR, Model 15, AudioLayer and BeatHawk.
I noticed that in Cubasis, when I use these apps, sometimes just 2 tracks, the DAW starts to stutter.
I tried using one midi file with 2 LayR tracks and made a comparison in Cubasis ( medium/max buffer) and Stagelight (512 buffer).
I noticed that Cubasis would stutter when I try to move the mixer faders or even when I try to add notes to the midi.
But Stagelight on the other hand, did a pretty good job.no stutter, everything very smooth.
I also tried using BeatHawk and had the same results.this time i set Stagelights buffer to 128 and Cubasis Medium/max.
Is there something I’m missing in Cubasis settings?
Here is the test I made.Cubasis on medium buffer and Stagelight on 512. Then I also set Stagelight to 128 and still smoother than Cubasis.

Comments

• Maybe @LFS can shed some light on what the actual buffer sizes that Cubasis uses are?
    Low, Medium & Normal, is that like 64, 128 & 256 or what!?