Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr/Strom/Reslice -like and midi control

Hi,

I'm looking for an app like Samplr/Strom/Reslice that would:

• be integrated in a audiobus/IAA/AUv3 framework
  • record from the input of my audio usb interface
  • record on the press on an external midi footswitch
  • would be sync via link or the IAA host clock
  • would slice my recorded sample, and play a single slice via midi cc or note

Neather of the reference apps (Samplr/Strom/Reslice) are able to do so if I'm not mistaken.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Comments

• ReSlice as IAA has record via "midi pedal" which I am not sure what it does versus the midi learn mode.
    The midi bindings are poor and can't adjust sample parameters (pitch,volume,reverse etc...)
    On AU mode it's even worst since you can't do any sampling and the available parameters are only for the fx section.
    Still AU mode is useful for rompler mode, load presets from IAA mode and play them.

But I think it's the closest app you can get

• This is more of a question than answer...

But, with a few extra button presses here and there, couldn’t this be done with BM3?

• @ttk Are you wanting to do this live, on the fly or just for writing purposes. Big different. @CracklePot BM3 is a great tool for recording and slicing up audio. The only thing is, not sure it can record via midi keyboard, it can record via threshold though.

• You got my point @gmslayton,
    I want to record on the fly for a live performance, while my iPad screen would display another app that I am using.

Therefore, I have to control the record and play actions via midi, without accessing the app graphic interface.

• ttkttk
    edited March 2019

@Korakios

Wait, what do you mean by "ReSlice as IAA has record via "midi pedal" ?

• @ttk said:
    @Korakios

Wait, what do you mean by "ReSlice as IAA has record via "midi pedal" ?

Never tried it

• Oh, I must have an old version... Thanks!