Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Esoteric Synth by ANTHONY DI FURIA

124»

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Is there a lot of sonic diversity with this app, would you say? Or does it become recognizablly samey over time?

I’ve only had a quick play, but less diversity than Stria, and more knobs to twiddle to do so. AU though, so you can stack em up. Need to dive in further though...

I’ve found that the fastest way to adjust the sound is mess with the mixer matrix and feedback levels. Then play with the control page up front to “pitch” it.

• @audiblevideo said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Is there a lot of sonic diversity with this app, would you say? Or does it become recognizablly samey over time?

I’ve only had a quick play, but less diversity than Stria, and more knobs to twiddle to do so. AU though, so you can stack em up. Need to dive in further though...

I’ve found that the fastest way to adjust the sound is mess with the mixer matrix and feedback levels. Then play with the control page up front to “pitch” it.

I’ll check that out tonight :)

• Anyone else having problems with a silent AU of Esoteric when reloading a session in AUM and/or ApeMatrix?
    Even recalling presets keeps the synth quite.

• Hosted the Synth inside AUM
    • Tweaked some settings and had something nice going
    • Stored that setting via the AUM window „+“ sign
    • Added LFO (Rozeta) to tweak OSC A Frequency (in low doses)
    • Saved in AUM
    • Cleared session
    • Reloaded Session
    • Esoteric just pukes out some last notes and stays quite.

Adding a second Esoteric lets the second one play. Loading any preset in that 2nd instance crashes both.

Everything, except crashing both, is reproducible every time in several hosts.

Can anyone confirm?

• NEVER recalls presets - ever since it came out. No state saving I guess.

It never remembers my midi bindings either which is a REAL pain considering how many there are and how useful modulating them with knobs is compared to navigating the interface.

• I seem to be missing the right side of the screen on an iPhone XS Max, iOS13.

• @dpeace said:
    I seem to be missing the right side of the screen on an iPhone XS Max, iOS13.

Slide Right to reveal the rest of the controls.

• The right side should come in view by sliding the brown ball above 'Osc C' to the right.

My UI problem is that the 'Presets' drop down does not scroll down to reveal the remaining presets in the AUv3 mode (iPadOS 13.3, 12.9").

• @Tim6502 said:
    The right side should come in view by sliding the brown ball above 'Osc C' to the right.

My UI problem is that the 'Presets' drop down does not scroll down to reveal the remaining presets in the AUv3 mode (iPadOS 13.3, 12.9").

Just bought. Same here. No matter what daw you use, preset doesn’t scroll through the end.ipad pro 2018 12.9 iOS 13.4. Anyone found a workaround?

• I also noticed this preset problem yesterday and messaged the dev. That's disappointing to hear about lack of AU state saving and other issues mentioned abovr, this is a nice sounding synth.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Anyone else having problems with a silent AU of Esoteric when reloading a session in AUM and/or ApeMatrix?

• Saved in AUM
    • Cleared session
    • Reloaded Session

Adding a second Esoteric lets the second one play. Loading any preset in that 2nd instance crashes both.

Can anyone confirm?

There's definitely something funky going on here, and not in a good way. I reopened an AUM session today that has two instances of ES. One was working fine, the other was completely silent, and no presets would produce sound either. The only thing to do was load a new AU instance. Trying to save presets in AUM doesn't work either. When u try to load a saved AUM preset it is just silent. Then, once again, nothing you do makes any noise and the only solution is to close and reopen a new AU instance.

So later I got two instances going again, closed the session then reopened. Both instances are working fine and have remembered their states. So I'm really not sure what is going on here....

Even with these problems, I am still happy I have this synth, at the bundle price anyway. Hope these can be fixed though, especially inability to select presets lower down the preset list.

• Presets show up fine. Air 2 13.3

• @Philandering_Bastard yes but can u successfully scroll the whole way down the list and actually select the very last preset on the list, for example? I can see it but can't select it. This is definitely not related to which iPad someone is using, it is to do with the way the preset list scroll has been done in the dev's programming phase, I guess

• i used esoteric in this one along with samplr and hillman synth going through delays

• Wrote about the scrolling preset list bug to the dev. If i would receive any answer I will let You know. This synth is so great, but the interface is not super friendly.

• @Gavinski
    Yeah - had contact to dev back then. After all i was not convinced that he would get that running properly in time and i had other ways to do this kind of stuff... Never bothered with it again - was and still am disappointed.

I see nothing has changed so it was the right decision.

• @Gavinski said:
    @Philandering_Bastard yes but can u successfully scroll the whole way down the list and actually select the very last preset on the list, for example? I can see it but can't select it. This is definitely not related to which iPad someone is using, it is to do with the way the preset list scroll has been done in the dev's programming phase, I guess

I can. It does sound different from the stand alone app however.

• Huh, weird....ok thnx, god knows what is going on then, lol. In what way does it sound different by the way? I wonder if that is some kind of weird buffer glitch like what spider ice ideas reported with kronecker

• @Gavinski said:
    Huh, weird....ok thnx, god knows what is going on then, lol. In what way does it sound different by the way? I wonder if that is some kind of weird buffer glitch like what spider ice ideas reported with kronecker

Haha. Exactly my thoughts. Unfortunately not.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Anyone else having problems with a silent AU of Esoteric when reloading a session in AUM and/or ApeMatrix?

• Saved in AUM
    • Cleared session
    • Reloaded Session

Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed. iPad Pro 3rd gen.
    Also can’t access lower part of presets.
    By all indications, these issues have been around since last year.

Attempting refund...

• Esoteric reloads in AUM as an AU on my Mini5 13.4.1, and it does play my saved preset, but it then goes silent as soon as I tweak anything. I'm now using Esoteric as an IAA because I can at least reload saved presets and play around without losing the sound. I love Esoteric though... hope the bug gets sorted.

• Anthony just replied my mail. He told me that a new version of the synth is coming with the fix for the bug of the preset menu. He was very kind. Let’s cross our fingers.

• Noticed over on Disccord that there is now an 18-part tutorial up for this!

It has just been updated too, would be great if the dev is active again and maybe willing to make some improvements and updates to his other super interesting apps.

• edited June 2020

Anyone know if it is possible to control the x/y position of the ‘play cursor’ via something like Rozeta XY or midiLFOs? I’ve tried likely candidates from the (very) long list of exposed parameters without success. I tried the dev directly but never received a reply. It’s a great, unique sounding drone synth, but to get the best from it for my thing I (shock horror) actually have to play it manually! (Not my preference, I like to automate and/or sequence All The Things.)

• I'm sure the answer must lie somewhere in these 18 installments 🤣

• @Svetlovska Actually, I was just looking at that parameter list - indeed, bit of a nightmare. I really wish that all developers would arrange their exposed parameter lists in some kind of menu format. I have seen that some do this but most don’t. When they don’t but there are a lot of parameters, it is a total nightmare often to find the parameter you are looking for. I would also like to see AUM having a search box for parameters.