Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Esoteric Synth by ANTHONY DI FURIA

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’m not caving in tonight, as I need to suss Enso, but could be a thing for tomorrow...

Haha ya man I'm fighting it too... But I really need to hear more from it because I'm not sure if I could really make it sound good, looks to smart for me lol

• @reasOne said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I’m not caving in tonight, as I need to suss Enso, but could be a thing for tomorrow...

Haha ya man I'm fighting it too... But I really need to hear more from it because I'm not sure if I could really make it sound good, looks to smart for me lol

Yeah I’d like to hear more too. I’m really getting into Enso though, and I bet it’d be great fun putting it through that. So many good apps this year...

• @skiphunt said:
    Damn... this thing is really intriguing me. WTF is that typeface? Times New Roman? Egad!

At least it’s not Comic Sans!

• Just loaded the updated AU... It’s a clear, and runaway winner for the most AU parameters I’ve seen!

This app is screaming out for a randomize function...

• It’s not really clicking with me, but the comparison with shoot and droneo... as an AU Plug is really tempting ;)
    Waiting for more material and videos though

• Here is a small thing where I have used Esoteric to put some ambient mood. And you have Enso running in the background. Good time, good time

• @cuscolima that’s cool. What part of that is Esoteric?

• @skiphunt said:
    @cuscolima that’s cool. What part of that is Esoteric?

Esoteric can be heard in action starting at 00:20

• @cuscolima said:

@skiphunt said:
    @cuscolima that’s cool. What part of that is Esoteric?

Esoteric can be heard in action starting at 00:20

Ah the atonal, nonmusical part!
    Y’all are crazy.

• fantastic soundscapes with this once you add fx!
    5* rating from me even with some of the bugs

• @midiSequencer said:
    fantastic soundscapes with this once you add fx!

Trying to get me down off the fence, eh?
    :)

• @midiSequencer said:
    fantastic soundscapes with this once you add fx!

I can’t seem to edit the sounds. I like a lot of the presets, but I’ve been altering all the oscillators in drastic ways with seemingly no change in sounds. The only change in sound is if I change the preset only.

I’ve been at it an hour. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. And in Grain Mode, all of the presets sound about the same.

Not giving up quite yet, but if I can’t get any changes other than changing presets, I’m tempted to refund this one.

• Ahhh... I think I got it now. I was actually deactivating oscillators via the mixing page rather than activating. I thought the green color meant selected rather than highlighted orange.

Dang, “Esoteric” is an understatement ;)

I am digging the soundscapes though.

• Sadness

Esoteric doesn't seem to save its state in AU even with presets and not a custom patch. In addition sometimes the audio just drops out – as if the app needs a little prompting to get going again.

Anyone else finding similar? I already emailed the dev about the AU not being able to access the last of the presets in the menu (even with the window full size).

Now I know I need to record all the hissy bleep bloops and sweeps before I shut down a session.

• Ive mostly just used the control page & freq slider. Grain sounds best(to me anyway) if you lower the freq down to minimum.
    A bug I found was switching presets, you loose all sound and have to swap in a new instance.
    Anyone noticed how many au parameters this synth has-must have taken him ages to code them!!
    Credits list support of Alessandro of Ivcs3 fame so guessing this is a complex experiment in sound design, but whatever it sounds great imo

• holy mackerel this thing is truly incredibly.

If you're looking for something to get into that INA GRM territory, this is a good bet.

• @palm said:
    holy mackerel this thing is truly incredibly.

If you're looking for something to get into that INA GRM territory, this is a good bet.

What is INA GRM?

• @gkillmaster said:

@palm said:
    holy mackerel this thing is truly incredibly.

What is INA GRM?

https://inagrm.com/fr
    I've not heard of them before but it looks like a group of french research musicians into experimental music....

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is a small thing where I have used Esoteric to put some ambient mood. And you have Enso running in the background. Good time, good time

Nice track. What apps are you using?

• @espiegel123 said:

@cuscolima said:
    Here is a small thing where I have used Esoteric to put some ambient mood. And you have Enso running in the background. Good time, good time

Nice track. What apps are you using?

Thanks a lot for listening. I have used the following apps :

• AUM
    • Enso -> Kosmonaut
    • Esoteric
    • Noir -> Beatformer -> WoodPressor
    • Troublemaker-> ShimmerFX
    • Autony -> QuantiChord -> Ravenscroft
    • Launchpad
    • Kleverb
    • Stereo Delay
    • NoLimits

Master made in Grand Finale

• Might have to get this tonight.

• Is there a lot of sonic diversity with this app, would you say? Or does it become recognizablly samey over time?

• edited March 2019

Love this app, but still fairly baffled with crafting new sounds with it.

Pretty much start with presets and try to alter them, the add effects.

Definitely unique enough to spend $5 on IMO, especially since it’s AUv3.

Great haunting sounds!

Apps like Esoteric, Aparillo, riffer, etc. almost don’t even require any actual talent to get good sounding stuff from. I mean, you need to know how to combine in a host, etc.and dial in, but they sound so interesting on their own that it really requires almost no skill at all to make a compelling track or soundscape.

Works for me! Great for art video soundtracks too :)

• @gkillmaster said:
    Is there a lot of sonic diversity with this app, would you say? Or does it become recognizablly samey over time?

I’ve only had a quick play, but less diversity than Stria, and more knobs to twiddle to do so. AU though, so you can stack em up. Need to dive in further though...

• @MonzoPro said:

@gkillmaster said:
    Is there a lot of sonic diversity with this app, would you say? Or does it become recognizablly samey over time?

I’ve only had a quick play, but less diversity than Stria, and more knobs to twiddle to do so. AU though, so you can stack em up. Need to dive in further though...

Thanks for your thoughts. I decided to get one less pint of beer in exchange for Esoteric Synth. Hopefully it will inspire some recordings!

• @skiphunt said:
    Love this app, but still fairly baffled with crafting new sounds with it.

Pretty much start with presets and try to alter them, the add effects.

Definitely unique enough to spend $5 on IMO, especially since it’s AUv3.

Great haunting sounds!

Apps like Esoteric, Aparillo, riffer, etc. almost don’t even require any actual talent to get good sounding stuff from. I mean, you need to know how to combine in a host, etc.and dial in, but they sound so interesting on their own that it really requires almost no skill at all to make a compelling track or soundscape.

Works for me! Great for art video soundtracks too :)

I appreciate the insights!

• Really having fun exploring Esoteric now and getting the hang of designing my own sounds from scratch, but don’t see any way to save a preset when using it as an AU. It does save user presets in standalone mode though.

• edited March 2019

@skiphunt said:
    Really having fun exploring Esoteric now and getting the hang of designing my own sounds from scratch, but don’t see any way to save a preset when using it as an AU. It does save user presets in standalone mode though.

seems like its crying out for a "randomize" function.

• @gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:
    Really having fun exploring Esoteric now and getting the hang of designing my own sounds from scratch, but don’t see any way to save a preset when using it as an AU. It does save user presets in standalone mode though.

seems like its crying out for a "randomize" function.

+1

Definitely worth a fiver though.

• This app is a little bit like Shoom but in an AU format and with only one note per instance - if you have 5 instances of the same preset, it will sound as if you start 5 notes on Shoom...

I would like however to have Shoom as AU