Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Esoteric Synth by ANTHONY DI FURIA

Comments

• @audiblevideo said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Certainly atmospheric and noiseful. Works well, like many things, routed through other FX. Add distortion, perforator (Bram), formant filters and shape the levels. Oooooo

An example

Wow, great piece! Have you also tried MonoGranulator. I'd be curious about it as well...

• edited March 2019

@RJB said:

@audiblevideo said:
    An example

Lovely track, can I ask how many copies of Esoteric are running? So musical for a synth that on the surface sounds very non-musical. Thanks for sharing😃

One copy routed through 3 main FX
    => perforator
    => formante
    => tone stack
    It’s the drone and bleeps and stutter in the background for the first 50% of the track

The rest is 2 instances of Zeeon
    Baseline in Aparillo

• Here’s a short track featuring Esoteric Synth.

• @gkillmaster said:

@audiblevideo said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Certainly atmospheric and noiseful. Works well, like many things, routed through other FX. Add distortion, perforator (Bram), formant filters and shape the levels. Oooooo

An example

Wow, great piece! Have you also tried MonoGranulator. I'd be curious about it as well...

Monogranulator seems just as competent. HOWEVER, I cant see a damn thing well because of the low contrast/chroma of the GUI and since I’m full up on a bunch of other granular synths (Mitosynth, Quantum, SpaceCraft, Tardigrain, Samplr) I gave it a pass.

The orange is a hard read too, but it’s different enough and the contrast in the GUI is nowhere near as bad as Monogranulator.

• @audiblevideo said:

@gkillmaster said:

@audiblevideo said:

@audiblevideo said:

An example

Monogranulator seems just as competent. HOWEVER, I cant see a damn thing well because of the low contrast/chroma of the GUI and since I’m full up on a bunch of other granular synths (Mitosynth, Quantum, SpaceCraft, Tardigrain, Samplr) I gave it a pass.

The orange is a hard read too, but it’s different enough and the contrast in the GUI is nowhere near as bad as Monogranulator.

Thanks. That’s too bad about the color scheme. I heard a couple other people say the same thing. Seems like a super easy fix!

• I almost did’nt buy it because the GUI is such an ugly colour scheme. I did buy it though after hearing about that BBC radio workshop thing though. I am not dissapointed and I very glad to pick it up as it’s a sonic beast. Just Running it through it’s paces now with the much needed fresh new update. I am sorry but for me it’s fugly to look at however, it does sound a dream. Happy user over here. Maybe one day we will be able to twiddle with some colour changing knob. Congrats to the Dev on this synthy beast. If your a twiddler and love turning them knobs around and you love weird ambient type stuff then I think you will really dig it! Cheers all!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    I almost did’nt buy it because the GUI is such an ugly colour scheme. I did buy it though after hearing about that BBC radio workshop thing though. I am not dissapointed and I very glad to pick it up as it’s a sonic beast. Just Running it through it’s paces now with the much needed fresh new update. I am sorry but for me it’s fugly to look at however, it does sound a dream. Happy user over here. Maybe one day we will be able to twiddle with some colour changing knob. Congrats to the Dev on this synthy beast. If your a twiddler and love turning them knobs around and you love weird ambient type stuff then I think you will really dig it! Cheers all!

O, good to hear. You are talking about Esoteric Synth and not MonoGranular, correct?

• @gkillmaster said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    I almost did’nt buy it because the GUI is such an ugly colour scheme. I did buy it though after hearing about that BBC radio workshop thing though. I am not dissapointed and I very glad to pick it up as it’s a sonic beast. Just Running it through it’s paces now with the much needed fresh new update. I am sorry but for me it’s fugly to look at however, it does sound a dream. Happy user over here. Maybe one day we will be able to twiddle with some colour changing knob. Congrats to the Dev on this synthy beast. If your a twiddler and love turning them knobs around and you love weird ambient type stuff then I think you will really dig it! Cheers all!

O, good to hear. You are talking about Esoteric Synth and not MonoGranular, correct?

I was about to ask the same! 😝

• edited March 2019

@ElektrikDiva said:
    I am sorry but for me it’s fugly to look at however, it does sound a dream. Happy user over here. Maybe one day we will be able to twiddle with some colour changing knob.

Settings->General->Display Accommodations->Smart Invert

• Hey guys! Yes I was referring to Esoteric Synth as that’s the one this thread was all about.

@gkillmaster said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

@reasOne said:

@gkillmaster said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

I was about to ask the same! 😝

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@ElektrikDiva said:
    I am sorry but for me it’s fugly to look at however, it does sound a dream. Happy user over here. Maybe one day we will be able to twiddle with some colour changing knob.

Thanks Paul, I just tried it and it does not work for me.After hitting general I cannot find display accomodations anywhere. On a iPad Pro fist gen here.

• First generation that is!

• @ElektrikDiva said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@ElektrikDiva said:

Thanks Paul, I just tried it and it does not work for me.After hitting general I cannot find display accomodations anywhere. On a iPad Pro fist gen here.

After General, go into Accessability. Display Accommodations is in there.

• Thnaks Crackle! But that is where I get hung up as nothing else
    is listed in general about a accessibility tab nothing else is in there.

• edited March 2019

The Settings app, not Settings in Esoteric Synth. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Settings->General->Accessibility->Display Accommodations->Smart Invert

• Is there any reason to get this if I already have things like Aparillo, Synthscaper, Synthmaster, Mitosynth, etc?

• edited March 2019

This synth reminds me of a cross between Droneo which is great but is IAA portrait only and Shoom again IAA. So if you like them and want a AU version get this. Also it’s cool using Enso to loop different preset sounds together to build strong soundscapes.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    The Settings app, not Settings in Esoteric Synth. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Settings->General->Accessibility->Display Accommodations->Smart Invert

OK now that makes sense. Thanks Paul. While I tried it it’s okay only as a temporary fix at best as it only good while using that app as it makes the rest of the iPad look just awful! I would love to see Anthony gives us a choice on this to flip skins on this synth or change colour scheme otherwise it is excellent app and I just had a ton of fun using it in AUM. Thank you and Cheers to all.

• @fingolfinz said:
    Is there any reason to get this if I already have things like Aparillo, Synthscaper, Synthmaster, Mitosynth, etc?

Yup get it. One can never have enough synthy beasts IMHO. Have a great weekend everybody and please go finger your surfaces on this new fun synth. Cheers!

• edited March 2019

@fingolfinz said:
    Is there any reason to get this if I already have things like Aparillo, Synthscaper, Synthmaster, Mitosynth, etc?

Currently there is no real umm, errr, playability. Thinking about strapping this to a keyboard and noodling away that's not happening. Its similar to Droneo by Henry Lowengard.

You could approach it like the linked video and build up sounds and soundscape out of partials. I think there is even granular features (which I haven't thoroughly checked out) as indicated by two menu items EVENT MODE and GRAIN MODE either way there are enough dials and parameters, that all can feedback into each other, to choke a horse (which you shouldn't do because it's inhumane).

If you like Sci-Fi, whale noises, airplane drones, textures, birdsong (there's a vid for that), pianos in space and underwater, gongs in molasses, as well as electrified tinfoil rustling through the ether this is for you. Sculpt your sound like a madman. I don't own one, but I watched enough videos the closest 'thing' I can place it to is SOMA Synths Lyra.

• I love Droneo and Shoom. You can't really surface play Droneo though... not like Shoom. Can you surface play this one? Is it really very close to a hybrid of Shoom and Droneo but in AU form?

• Hmmm...bet this would work well with Enso...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Hmmm...bet this would work well with Enso...

@MonzoPro Yes I’ve been layering different sounds straight into Enso.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Hmmm...bet this would work well with Enso...

@MonzoPro Yes I’ve been layering different sounds straight into Enso.

Might have to pick this up later as a Friday night titbit...

• Mitosynth, Quanta, Drumjam, Aparillo, and Esoterica

I'd love it if the dev kept up with the videos and maybe explained what all the damn knobs do.

• Damn... this thing is really intriguing me. WTF is that typeface? Times New Roman? Egad!

• Been using Esoteric Synth to record into Enso along with a few other loops tonight making some madness😳

• @skiphunt said:
    Damn... this thing is really intriguing me. WTF is that typeface? Times New Roman? Egad!

Not Times New Roman. ITALIC SERIF FONTS are NOT for interface elements. Paragraph text also no. Emphasis in sentences and paragraphs YES.

• So is it like a freaky modular that is all dials, no keyboard?
    If so, that would be pretty cool.

• I’m not caving in tonight, as I need to suss Enso, but could be a thing for tomorrow...