Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Age\Ambient\VHS\BoC sound apps

Hi, everyone!

I have a trivial and common question. I'm looking for Boards of Canada, old commercials and early 80s ambient\new age sound apps. I understand that in this case medium is a crucial thing -- tape recorders, vintage gear etc -- but nowadays digital software, at least to some extent, can do it.

Basically i need a good vintage-sound like synth for pads\leads. Right now i'm thinking of iSem. Is it what i am looking for? Also, it would be cool if there is some kind of audio\tape\mangler.

Good references is Phonec VST Synth/Echomelt FX on desktop.

https://www.psychicmodulation.com/echomelt.html

Is something similar on ios? Maybe in several FX apps.

As music reference will put this song

They using DX7 (I know about KQ Dixie, it's amazing!) and some old string synth as linear notes said.

Any general advices would be very helpful! Thank you a lot!

Comments

• Zeeon + brice synthwave pack IAP

Klevgrand DAW cassette

Bam

• Moon Beam synth (not good connectivity but great sound for what you describe).
    Any AU synth you like the sound of can be modulated by an LFO for drift.
    Lofi FX like DAW Cassette, DAW LP, Woodifier, Degrader, Electrogene.
    RX-950 is a nice filter for iOS.

• And welcome to the forum 😀

• I recommend the bs -16i app. There are thousands of free vintage SoundFonts floating around the web. Load it up!

• @oat_phipps said:
    Zeeon + brice synthwave pack IAP

Klevgrand DAW cassette

Bam

Woah, I never looked into the shop section. These BB patches are incredible. Which pack is better suited for the threadstarter? Synthwave or the Z-Space? Thanks for pointing out mate!

• @david_2017 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Klevgrand DAW cassette

Bam

Woah, I never looked into the shop section. These BB patches are incredible. Which pack is better suited for the threadstarter? Synthwave or the Z-Space? Thanks for pointing out mate!

Synthwave for the thread starter (See "Starion Pad" near the bottom once you get it, it's the best pad sound ever). The other pack is fantastic too. Brice is a member of these forums and has done really great patch work on a number of synths.

• @oat_phipps said:

@david_2017 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Klevgrand DAW cassette

Bam

Synthwave for the thread starter (See "Starion Pad" near the bottom once you get it, it's the best pad sound ever). The other pack is fantastic too. Brice is a member of these forums and has done really great patch work on a number of synths.

thanks for the recommendation :) I love brice! He is truly a knob magician and what he did for Living memorys LayR Synth is pure awesomeness.... Instead of a coffee I should support our local patch-worker ;)

• @oat_phipps said:

Klevgrand DAW cassette

Bam

Thank you for advice! I have this synth but never dig into it properly (also didn't know about IAP presets). Should try.

@gusgranite said:
    Moon Beam synth (not good connectivity but great sound for what you describe).
    Any AU synth you like the sound of can be modulated by an LFO for drift.
    Lofi FX like DAW Cassette, DAW LP, Woodifier, Degrader, Electrogene.
    RX-950 is a nice filter for iOS.

Yeah, listened Moon Beam -- also really interesting sound which i'm looking for. Also understand that very subtle pitch modulation and 2 osc slight detuning is the key about that. RX-950 also a filter which i needed.

Concerning LoFi-FX. I'm really in love with synths and general concepts of Klevgrand (Pads for example quite cool for what i'm looking for) but DAW Cassete seems for me too boring and limitless. Am i wrong? Which is the best on IOS from another developers? To be honest, i never met a proper tape emulator even on Mac.

Also want to know your opinions about iSem. For some reason i became interested in it: because of simple structure (simplier than in Zeeon or Sunrizer) and overall lo-fish sound. Is it cool?

@gusgranite said:
    And welcome to the forum 😀

Thanks! I've been reading it for a long time, but finally decided to register)

@JeffChasteen said:
    I recommend the bs -16i app. There are thousands of free vintage SoundFonts floating around the web. Load it up!

Never use it, should try!

• @gusgranite

MoonBeam really sound even in standard presets instantly as BoC but everybody recommend sir Sampleton which is better suited for IOS ecosystem (basically, i use only Modstep as sequencer + AUM, so maybe it is ok).

What is better in your opinion?

• Sunrizer, Redshrike & the other Icegear synths DRC & Klevgrs Pads all have decent potentials in that area.