Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS Apps official thread

Comments

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@stormbeats said:

@GrimLucky said:
    I’ve got the pro version but don’t seem to have multiple outputs listed in Audiobus, is this possible?

@GrimLucky No

That's the point of my other post... They mention IAA support AND multi-outputs, which pretty much anyone here would interpret to mean exactly what it sounds like. But if you take out your lawyer glasses, they qualify it as individual outs to a sound card. I have no idea why in the F anyone would think that was something anyone wanted!

It's ESPECIALLY baffling in the video they claim "clears things up" they are routing to their own damn AU fx?! WTF?!! So they are routing from an iPad, into an audio interface, out to a desk, then using an insert or send on the desk to route BACK INTO the iPad for the FX and then prob. back into the desk's return!!! why... in... the... hell...??! Insane latency issues aside, this is stupid...

Yea, I'd much rather lug around a big audio card and a mixing desk than, oh I don't know... route them to different IAA channels in AUM like it seems to suggest...

It's misleading (I don't think they intended to mislead) and I think it needs to be changed in the description to be more clear, as I'm obviously not the only one that interpreted it this way...

I get he just wants to be different and "edgy", and I do think this app has some potential if some of the horrible UI elements are improved (you can't tap/drag most parameters.. You have to sit there an poke at + and - minus buttons like a damn woodpecker with a palsy!).

It's a $3.00 app at this point.

@MonkeyDrummer i agree 100% dude. It is a good app but at £13.99 needs a lot more basics Lot of misleading info is not cool either. Oh well . I have never used a drum machine without a metronome but apparently the dev considers this not so important as making the app stable. Whatever - make the app stable as possible before releasing it with the initial subscription stuff which had to be reversed as customers were not going for it. Bye bye Bleass - might consider purchasing your future Au plugins but make them stable / no recirding metronome needed.

• edited March 2019

@stormbeats said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@stormbeats said:

@GrimLucky said:
    I’ve got the pro version but don’t seem to have multiple outputs listed in Audiobus, is this possible?

@GrimLucky No

That's the point of my other post... They mention IAA support AND multi-outputs, which pretty much anyone here would interpret to mean exactly what it sounds like. But if you take out your lawyer glasses, they qualify it as individual outs to a sound card. I have no idea why in the F anyone would think that was something anyone wanted!

It's ESPECIALLY baffling in the video they claim "clears things up" they are routing to their own damn AU fx?! WTF?!! So they are routing from an iPad, into an audio interface, out to a desk, then using an insert or send on the desk to route BACK INTO the iPad for the FX and then prob. back into the desk's return!!! why... in... the... hell...??! Insane latency issues aside, this is stupid...

Yea, I'd much rather lug around a big audio card and a mixing desk than, oh I don't know... route them to different IAA channels in AUM like it seems to suggest...

It's misleading (I don't think they intended to mislead) and I think it needs to be changed in the description to be more clear, as I'm obviously not the only one that interpreted it this way...

I get he just wants to be different and "edgy", and I do think this app has some potential if some of the horrible UI elements are improved (you can't tap/drag most parameters.. You have to sit there an poke at + and - minus buttons like a damn woodpecker with a palsy!).

It's a $3.00 app at this point.

@MonkeyDrummer i agree 100% dude. It is a good app but at £13.99 needs a lot more basics Lot of misleading info is not cool either. Oh well . I have never used a drum machine without a metronome but apparently the dev considers this not so important as making the app stable. Whatever - make the app stable as possible before releasing it with the initial subscription stuff which had to be reversed as customers were not going for it. Bye bye Bleass - might consider purchasing your future Au plugins but make them stable / no recording metronome needed.

@MonkeyDrummer and how crazy the export only exports the song parameters no audio at all. Bonkerz

• I played around in this App but cannot find a way to export or share audio or MIDI. Only some projectfile.
    Somewhere it was written that this is possible, but where and how?
    :o

Would be quite useless without, or?

• edited March 2019

@tja you have to record it live within the app Goto the Config menu..and switch to I think Record On...they need to upgrade this method. Yes same here The Export is just a Project file . I see no point in this at all.

• Palsy & The Woodpeckers. Could work. I'm thinking punk country.

• Regarding export, you have several features in BLEASS :

**exporting a project file **through the load / save menu enables you to share the project file to another friend to do a collab.
    User Samples are not included (but factory samples will load automatically in another bleass app with pro features activated). If you load a project file that has missing samples, then, the list of the missing samples will be listed at the launch of the project file.
    your own samples (those that are not among the factory packs > 1000 samples ) are stored in the **folder "UserSamples" **of your iCloud drive. (that's where you can put your own samples as well)

Exporting your Song's audio can be enabled through the config menu. To do so, activate "recorder mode" and the play button turns into a rec button.
    once you are finished recording, the app offers you to choose where to save your .wave file.

To send midi out, you have to choose the midi channel in the track settings (please look at our tutorial). there is no midi export feature (in a midi file) but there are loads of ways to record your midi with an external app.

to send audio out, through a sound card, and not through IAA (which is not available at the moment), please watch the tutorial as well

• @bleassapp

I now tried to enable "Recording Mode", which replaces the play button with a record button.

But why in all the world not just offer both a play and a record button, as people are used to in so many other apps?!?!?

I can image many people who just did not get it too and dropped the App.

Also, whatever gets recorded should first be written to some folder within the App and then be accessible with the Files App to transfer somewhere else.

My 2 cent

• edited March 2019

Hi @tja

The wave file you have recorded is saved by default in the "AudioRecordings" of your local BLEASS iPad or iPhone folder. But, as you may have noticed, you can also choose the folder in which you want to export your file when you use an iPad.
    yet, it may not work if you have not the latest update of iOS, or if you only use your iPhone (in that case, you can find your file in the local folder)

feel free to get back to us if you have other questions

• @bleassapp said:
    Hi @tja

The wave file you have recorded is saved by default in the "AudioRecordings" of your local BLEASS iPad or iPhone folder. But, as you may have noticed, you can also choose the folder in which you want to export your file when you use an iPad.
    yet, it may not work if you have not the latest update of iOS, or if you only use your iPhone (in that case, you can find your file in the local folder)

feel free to get back to us if you have other questions

But you did get me?

• edited April 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@bleassapp said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@bleassapp said:
    Hi, thank you for using BLEASS delay and for this very good feedback in the official BLEASS thread!

• Regarding what you said in 1) & 5), we're gonna take a look but it is difficult for us to correct these problems since it is AUM who's managing to convert MIDI CC to Audio Unit Parameter values ... What's tricky here is that the middle value should be 63.5 then, which is impossible to reach because MIDI does not transmit decimal values ...

AUM maps the 7 bit MIDI as follows: value = midiValue/127.0 so that 0 to 127 gives 0.0 to 1.0. It then scales this to the parameters actual min/max values with value * (maxValue-minValue) + minValue for linear params and pow(maxValue/minValue, value) * minValue for logarithmic parameters.

Indeed since 7 bit MIDI doesn't have an integer corresponding to exactly the middle value, I don't see how this could be solved on my side in a good way. Dividing by 128 would not allow one to reach 1.0, which would be even worse.

• About frequencies in HP or LP filter, yes it's traveling fast in the lower values because we expose our Audio Unit Parameters as frequencies ... if your MIDI CC curve is linear in AUM then it doesn't really match the nicely sounding frequency curve. We could fix that but it will result a lot of regressions for people who stores presets in the past. Let us take look, maybe exposing a second parameter "MIDI-CC dedicated" could correct this problem.

AUM handles logarithmic params (such as frequencies), as mentioned above. It checks the param flags AudioUnitDisplayTypeIsLogarithmic(param.flags) which is Apple's macro that specifically checks the kAudioUnitParameterFlag_DisplayLogarithmic flag. Maybe you're using the wrong flags for those parameters?

• We can correct 3). And we have to investigate on 4). Stay tuned for upcoming updates!

Don't hesitate to send this feedback to the Kymatica team that develops AUM also as some of these "issues" are more AUM related.

Again, thank you!

Hi guys! First of all thanks to @j_liljedahl for hist valuable technical answers.
    So in the end it's our bad! We've failed to use the logarithmic flag (kAudioUnitParameterFlag_DisplayLogarithmic) for specific parameters who need to be "feeled" as logarithmic.
    Be sure that this will be corrected in the next BLEASS delay update.
    @MonkeyDrummer, Thank again for your great insight and hardcore testing!

Again, thank you guys for helping us improving our app quality!

Glad Incould help. It’s refreshing to see a dev that asks for input and actually works to fix things instead of the more typical response of ignoring the issue...

Hi guys, we are happy to annouce that a new version of the BLEASS delay is now available: it fixes the issues with midi cc in AUM! please make sure you update it! https://itunes.apple.com/app/bleass-delay-auv3-audio-plugin/id1448509525

Thank you @MonkeyDrummer & @j_liljedahl !

• We are very happy to announce that our brand new app, the BLEASS reverb, is now available on the AppStore!

http://bit.ly/BLEASSreverb

• @bleassapp really good reverb. Any plans to do a Bitcrush/Drive module like the one in your Groovebox app?

• @stormbeats said:
    @bleassapp really good reverb. Any plans to do a Bitcrush/Drive module like the one in your Groovebox app?

That's a good idea! Well maybe sometime why not!
    But it's not gonna be our very next app... ;)

• Silly me. Posted about the pre-order but to forgot to pre-order for myself.

• @bleassapp said:

@stormbeats said:
    @bleassapp really good reverb. Any plans to do a Bitcrush/Drive module like the one in your Groovebox app?

That's a good idea! Well maybe sometime why not!
    But it's not gonna be our very next app... ;)

@bleassapp make it today its the best I have heard on iOS - :-) no probs I look forward to it. Cool

• Purchased the Bleass Pro bundle last night after being VERY impressed by the Reverb & Delay stand alone auv3’s, but I gotta say, I’m underwhelmed. I hope that development continues and that fixes are coming? My complaints are what has already been posted by @MonkeyDrummer. Also, auv3 per channel is a must have feature!

• edited April 2019

@bleassapp hi . I have been re attempting to use your Groovebox Pro version. Getting excellent sound from it. Just one thing that is misleading. Your Envelopeis labelled ADSR when in fact it is just Attack&Release. Why label it as ADSR when there is no Decay or Sustain In all fairness these should be added as soon as.
    Aside from that it needs Choke groups and Note Off as options in the Drum Machine
    Lastly when using all the Parameter sliders in the Sample edit window please please add a snap function and make the number values a bit smoother to dial in. Its impossible to get detailed results adjusting parameters as the numbers are way to close to each other. It took me forever just to get the Parameter to 12bit. 12.03/12.64/ etc etc was extremely frustrating.
    An option to turn off the flashy lights too. After a while I got a head ache. Orange Pads with white flashy lights is a bit 1970s disco.
    This app has so much potential. It has a good well thought out solid foundation to build on. The Filters etc are excellent.
    Question : is it possible to sequence the Drum PADS via another app through midi note assign. (Not midi sync) ?
    Please add STEREO sample IMPORT. If thats not possible then a stereo widener effect would help.

• Thank you @stormbeats for this insight and these feature ideas. As you may imagine, we can not meet all of your demands... Yet more updates are coming to BLEASS groovebox with some nice new features... stay tuned!!

Thyank you very much for your question, you can sequence the Drums from an external app or hardware device using MIDI IN. Each pad has a specific note assigned to it (following the general midi standards). These notes are the following :

35 B0 Acoustic Bass Drum.
    38 D1 Acoustic Snare
    39 Eb1 Hand Clap
    42 F#1 Closed Hi Hat
    46 Bb1 Open Hi-Hat
    51 Eb2 Ride Cymbal 1

• @bleassapp said:
    Thank you @stormbeats for this insight and these feature ideas. As you may imagine, we can not meet all of your demands... Yet more updates are coming to BLEASS groovebox with some nice new features... stay tuned!!

Thyank you very much for your question, you can sequence the Drums from an external app or hardware device using MIDI IN. Each pad has a specific note assigned to it (following the general midi standards). These notes are the following :

35 B0 Acoustic Bass Drum.
    38 D1 Acoustic Snare
    39 Eb1 Hand Clap
    42 F#1 Closed Hi Hat
    46 Bb1 Open Hi-Hat
    51 Eb2 Ride Cymbal 1

@bleassapp ok thanks for info and taking in my suggestions. Cheers keep up the good work

• edited April 2019

@bleassapp new update - Cheers . Looking forward to outputIng seperate tracks via IAA. Any plans on getting more tracks than the current 4?

• edited April 2019

@bleassapp you guys are the BEST BEST one more BEST!!!!!!! :-) the multi outputs working smooth in AUM . :-) this takes the Groovebox to another level. Cool, few more tracks added to the app or better yet seperate outs for each pad in future update but thanks for what we have currently

• I personally enjoy the Youtube vids they are actually really entertaining and informative and obviously a heck of a lot of work went into them!

• edited April 2019

@bleassapp just tried the new update of Bleass inside ApeMatrix separating out audio channels all working as expected.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @bleassapp just tried the new update of Bleass inside ApeMatrix separating out audio channels all working as expected.

thank you very much for confirming @Jumpercollins !

• We are very happy to announce the very last update of the BLEASS groovebox! It features notably Inter-App audio routing!
    To learn how to use this new feature, have a look at the latest tutorial:

• Love the guy with the crutches !

• Ya I'm really digging their promo videos! Great to see a iOS dev really put in the extra steps to promote, a big thing missing from iOS

• @bleassapp very “last” update or very “latest” ?

• @stormbeats said:
    @bleassapp very “last” update or very “latest” ?

"latest", sorry for the mistake

• edited May 2019

@bleassapp ok cool...look forward to future updates The sound I get from the Groovebox is very good. If possible few more added tracks would be ace and if possible add the bit reducer/sample rate as a send fx or Master Fx helps so dont have to reduce each sound individually. Copy/paste samples to pads too.
    If possible an option to turn off the flashing “disco” lights in settings
    Metronome needed