Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

More of a technical achievement that an artistic one... :)

Hey all,

This is probably not going going to mean much to anyone but me, but I had to post it somewhere, and you guys seem harmless enough. :)

So for a while now I've been trying to come up with a workflow that allowed me to record my mindless wandering jam sessions, edit them, do some basic "mastering", wrap the music in some visualization (if it's not a video of me pounding on my stuff), and finally shovel it off to YouTube...

I've managed to do it before, but it's been aneurysm-inducing more often than not...

But I think I finally have path that seems to work more often than not

• Record from my rig into AUM
  • Take recording from AUM into Audio Evolution to edit it into clips of stuff that suck less than the other stuff that I don't keep
  • Take those clips into Final Touch to "master" it
  • Take those clips into Staella to do some seizure-inducing visualizations that the kids dig these days
  • Upload all this work to You Tube so their compression algorithm can take a giant dump all over it. :) Seriously... I'd love to know how to get clean video up to YouTube... Other people seem to be able to handle it... It's the last piece to this puzzle!

Be gentle. :)

It's essentially few select clips from a 2.5 hour jam of my just kinda flicking through some presets on my Nord Drum 3P's.

These are all basically steam-of-conscieness jams on my Nords, with a little bit of TR8S thrown in.

Here's a pic of the rig (sans TR8S and also missing the Strymon Volante)

Comments