Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modern day guitar shredders?

2»

Comments

• @ecou said:

@CracklePot said:

@ecou said:
    Born in mid 70’s here. The 80’s was just another decade. You did not miss that much.

I disagree. First Van Halen album, and the first 2 Ozzy albums with Randy Rhoads.
    And sure, the first Van Halen album was 1978, but its effect lasted well into the 80’s.

Then there was Ozzy’s next guitarist Jake E. Lee on Bark at the Moon.

80’s was the guitar hero era, everybody trying to be shredders.
    Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen are from this era.

Maybe I should have been clearer. I was talking about the current obsession with the 80’s that people seem to have.

I would agree that the 80’s was a great decade for guitar gymnastics. Don’t get me wrong I am a fan of guitar gymnastics but the 90’s proved gymnastic does not equal good music.

+1

• @Igneous1 said:
    I don't find shredding very interesting I'm afraid, it all sounds very samey - as do a lot of the more recent guitarists that I've heard (which admittedly is very limited)

The man (and the track) responsible for a lot of that 'neo-classicism' style - Uli Roth

Great guitar playing in great song. One of my all time favorite.

Don’t forget Blackmore.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Chimp Spanner who post on this forum is a really talented guitarist.

<3 Thanks! I’m back to writing again, finally!!

• @flo26 said:

@ecou said:

@CracklePot said:

@ecou said:
    Born in mid 70’s here. The 80’s was just another decade. You did not miss that much.

I disagree. First Van Halen album, and the first 2 Ozzy albums with Randy Rhoads.
    And sure, the first Van Halen album was 1978, but its effect lasted well into the 80’s.

Then there was Ozzy’s next guitarist Jake E. Lee on Bark at the Moon.

80’s was the guitar hero era, everybody trying to be shredders.
    Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen are from this era.

Maybe I should have been clearer. I was talking about the current obsession with the 80’s that people seem to have.

I would agree that the 80’s was a great decade for guitar gymnastics. Don’t get me wrong I am a fan of guitar gymnastics but the 90’s proved gymnastic does not equal good music.

+1

I thought it was more of a show of technical mastery, rather than an attempt at being musical.
    But I agree, it gets excessive and boring really quick.
    Rather listen to music than technical exercises.

• edited April 22

Couple of recent faves

Jakub Zytecki; cf. also Zytecki with DispersE.

Article on: https://www.guitarworld.com/features/jakub-zytecki-remind-me

Sergey Golovin

5 excerpts from early instructional tracks over a decade ago:

• Tim Henson of Polyphyia seem to have emerged as the modern day guitar hero. But Steve can still make that guitar sing like nobody else.

• @Tarekith said:
    I got into music as a guitar player following the likes of Satch, Vai, Petrucci, etc; though it's been a long time since I really followed instrumental guitar music. Who out there is sort of carrying the torch for that style of guitar playing these days? Doesn't have to be rock music, but I'm wondering are there any new players that have the sort of universal respect that those players had?

Idk but I carry the torch. I’m a shredder that now uses the op-1 field

• Take your pick

• @Tarekith said:
    I got into music as a guitar player following the likes of Satch, Vai, Petrucci, etc; though it's been a long time since I really followed instrumental guitar music. Who out there is sort of carrying the torch for that style of guitar playing these days? Doesn't have to be rock music, but I'm wondering are there any new players that have the sort of universal respect that those players had?

Rick Beato (on YouTube) regularly features and interviews good guitarists, since he’s no slouch himself as a guitarist.

• Yeah, his Satch and Vai interview recently was really good.

• edited April 22

Justus West

Discovered him after I started a subscription to Pickup Music and encountered some of his lessons there, including the Play Faster in 10 Days mini course.. He first gained notoriety by winning an opportunity with Vince Gill despite having zero previous background in country style guitar

• One of my nicknames amongst friends is “Shreddy Eddie” so I’ll take that honor

• edited April 23

Oh yeah forgot about these 2 guys, each of whom has his own set of admirers for different reasons